Delivery Delays

• 2 weeks later...

Building started 27th June. 

Completed and left the factory on the 26th July. 

Today (8th August) got an email from the broker to say it’s waiting for a ship at the port of exit. 

Usually takes 2-3 weeks from this point. Apparently. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2022 at 18:00, thejames said:

Building started 27th June. 

Completed and left the factory on the 26th July. 

Today (8th August) got an email from the broker to say it’s waiting for a ship at the port of exit. 

Usually takes 2-3 weeks from this point. Apparently. 

In the UK as of Monday 15th August. In case anyone finds the timeline useful. 

PDI, reg and delivery to come. 

Hoping we’ll see it next week??

How are you getting on Radobg1?

Very good news . Mine is in Bulgaria as well . I will receive it maybe in the end of September because it’s company car. I hope to received it sooner I spoked with the lease company to bring back the Octavia earlier without fine . 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking to buy a Superb Estate, either the iV or a standard petrol or possibly an Octavia estate.

I've been quoted 16 weeks for the Octavia, 48 for the petrol Superb and 52 for the iV Superb.

I'm guessing all of those times could well be "optimistic" based on what I've read here and on the equivalent Octavia thread?

@Darcy-Actual - depending on what spec you are after, it’s always worth looking on the Skoda UK website “available cars”. Currently there are 42 Octavia estates and 26 Superb estates shown as available for immediate delivery.

also it can be worth looking on dealers own websites - for example, Simpsons Skoda site shows brand new cars they have in stock for immediate delivery. It can also be worth visiting local dealers to see what they have got… Why I hear you ask….

Well, I was after a new Octavia VRS 245 petrol DSG estate about a month ago. I walked into my nearest dealer and almost unbelievably there was a new, Magic black, 245 petrol with DSG sat there in the showroom. It was a cancelled order that had landed a couple of days earlier, the guy who ordered it got fed up with waiting and bought an ex demo car instead. I really hadn’t expected the outcome I got, took about 10 minutes to get the order placed and delivery date fixed.

to be honest I’d have specc’d it with a couple of add ones such as winter pack but was more than happy to forego that for immediate gratification 🤣

Good luck in your hunting.

PS - Have had a Superb estate in the past, and if that’s what you go for then I’m confident you’ll love it. I regretted selling mine within 48 hours 😭

• Thanks 1

@FatWolfie Thanks for that. I've tended to poke around at the skoda site on my mobile, I don't think I scrolled down far enough to see the available cars option <facepalm>. We've got test drives booked at the local dealer a week on Monday for the Octavia and the Superb. At this stage it's seeing how I like the driving position, view out etc of each. Oh yes and MrsDarcy-Actual will have some input too...

I must admit the inner 18 year old has been drooling over the Octavia vRS, but the outer <coughity-cough-cough> year old has been eying up the sheer boot size in the Superb to hold all the sh!te we take camping with us. There's also a lot of Gadget-Tw@tery I'd love to include too on either model. After the test drive I'll keep an eye out on the available now pages and hassle the dealer and hope something pops up.

Cheers again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has someone taken a delivery of a brand new Superb III recently/is supposed to take one?

I ordered my at the end of June 2022, and was given estimated delivery time as mid April 2023, or later. However ~6 week ago I was given projected manufacturing date as week 49, followed by confirmed manufacturing date week 48. Spoke with my stealer yesterday, and it seems car has not been assembled yet. Moreover he kept mentioning that it is possible that the car is waiting for semi conductors meaning it may be manufactured and end up in a parking lot for unknown number of weeks/months.

I ordered L&K Estate 280 - and I am wondering if anybody else is in the same boat/heard same story from their dealer?

Edited by lmb

4 minutes ago, lmb said:

Has someone taken a delivery of a brand new Superb III recently/is supposed to take one?

Perhaps not as recently as you might hope, but I had one in March this year, after a 9 month wait.  Superb L&K 190 hatch.  Wasn't my preferred choice, as I actually wanted the 280 L&K estate, same as you, but they weren't accepting orders on it at the time (mid-2021). 

Having already had 2 Superb estates, I was gutted I couldn't get another.

I am angry at Skoda how everyone are getting their Superbs within 6-9 months and ordered the car after me. Mine was ordered in December, 2021. The dealer told me that the production date will be revealed after new year. Nothing happened till February when the war started and new problems with harness supply started. Finally, in September I received preliminary build Week 8, 2023. However, the factory deleted the date and once again the new date should be revealed after new year. If I get before summer, I would be really surprised.

Skoda Superb 280 Style

2 hours ago, lmb said:

I ordered a Superb hatch 150 DSG SEL in April and it was delivered last month. However, the L&K has more equipment so perhaps the longer wait is due to certain components being unavailable which the SEL doesn't need. I ordered mine with rear view camera, rear wiper, spare wheel, rear view mirror USB and metallic paint.

1 hour ago, cnc said:

I ordered a Superb hatch 150 DSG SEL in April and it was delivered last month. However, the L&K has more equipment so perhaps the longer wait is due to certain components being unavailable which the SEL doesn't need. I ordered mine with rear view camera, rear wiper, spare wheel, rear view mirror USB and metallic paint.

You may be correct that SEL with "less" equipment may be easier to assemble. On the other hand I've heard that more expesive/higher spec car have priority, as manufacturer has higher margins, i.e. earn more... strange times.

3 hours ago, Codename47 said:

I am angry at Skoda how everyone are getting their Superbs within 6-9 months and ordered the car after me. Mine was ordered in December, 2021. The dealer told me that the production date will be revealed after new year. Nothing happened till February when the war started and new problems with harness supply started. Finally, in September I received preliminary build Week 8, 2023. However, the factory deleted the date and once again the new date should be revealed after new year. If I get before summer, I would be really surprised.

Skoda Superb 280 Style

I can feel your pain. Personally, I wasn't bothered as I knew that the car will be probably with me in April/May 2023. Moreover dealer I have purchased the car from, have 3 months delay in the contract, so I wouldn't be surprised if the car have not arrived by September/October 2023. However now, when I have been given manfacturing date and it is unknown if the car is "eligible" for delivery or I will be blessed with semi conductors excuse, I am a bit annoyed.

I was wondering what I might end up with as there have been a few SEL models on Autotrader that don't have the matrix lights so I checked mine very carefully upon delivery to make sure it had exactly the specification I was expecting and had ordered, I suspect the chip shortage was the reason some don't have matrix lights.

Here is a SEL with headlight washers but no matrix lights (not sure if any other standard SEL specification is missing) https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202209149740331?aggregatedTrim=SE L&model=Superb&radius=1500&postcode=tr197rr&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&year-from=2022&make=SKODA&sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&page=1&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

On 06/12/2022 at 15:16, lmb said:

I can feel your pain. Personally, I wasn't bothered as I knew that the car will be probably with me in April/May 2023. Moreover dealer I have purchased the car from, have 3 months delay in the contract, so I wouldn't be surprised if the car have not arrived by September/October 2023. However now, when I have been given manfacturing date and it is unknown if the car is "eligible" for delivery or I will be blessed with semi conductors excuse, I am a bit annoyed.

My dealer called me today, and he said that the car is on its way - pretty chuffed on one hand but on the other it is going to hurt my bank account a lot :).

Edited by lmb
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 08/12/2022 at 16:51, lmb said:

My dealer called me today, and he said that the car is on its way - pretty chuffed on one hand but on the other it is going to hurt my bank account a lot :).

I visited Johnsons Liverpool today, as I was pasing by, and noticed a lot of brand new and registered, but still with white foil, Superbs... I think there were about 6 Graphite Grey, one black... However my car is still stuck in Germany awaiting shipping. My dealer is based in Midlands, and I am getting a bit fed up and confused, why it takes a month to get a car on a ferry...

They can maybe import them into the UK.  Get them in that boat.  Get them out of the EU and get money.   Maybe VW / Skoda UK do not want them yet.   Average fleet C02.   First registrations,. Pay import duty,  Exchange rate etc etc.   So there is more to it than ship, store in the UK, get on a transporter and to a distribution centre or dealers.   Brexit.  

Edited by toot

• 3 weeks later...