Delivery Delays

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 'update' today, my 280 Estate ordered 25th May allegedly being built this week and should be here at the end of August .......... we'll see, either way a '71' reg. 

Was originally told 15 weeks so that might turn out to be correct.

Mine that was ordered on 5 February has finally arrived.

It was built in March but since then has been waiting for a part.

I took delivery of it yesterday....Hooray!

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

How are you getting updates on your vehicle status? I placed an order on an "in-flight" vehicle last week with delivery estimated in September but I don't know when I should receive any updates on status or if there is a website I can check?

Eagerly waiting an SE L iV!

After much back/forth between lease company, dealer and myself, my new one (Superb 190 L&K Hatchback, with a few extras) is finally ordered today.  I am not optimistic about getting it any time soon, but I will post something when I find out. :doh:

I've tried to get an update on our car a couple of times this week but apparently they are having issues with their vehicle status system and unable to track vehicles.

It's a shame there isn't an online order status tracker!

12 hours ago, awahwah said:

My in laws have just been told that their Superb is on its way from the factory to exit port. They ordered end of March. 

@awahwah - Out of interest, how does that time frame align with what they were told when they ordered it originally in March? Was the estimate roughly accurate?

A factory fresh order to my spec was quoted as 16 weeks but there was a standard spec model supposedly scheduled to hit the UK in September so I  went for that one. Fingers crossed that it arrives this year!

2 hours ago, ant177 said:

@awahwah - Out of interest, how does that time frame align with what they were told when they ordered it originally in March? Was the estimate roughly accurate?

A factory fresh order to my spec was quoted as 16 weeks but there was a standard spec model supposedly scheduled to hit the UK in September so I  went for that one. Fingers crossed that it arrives this year!

Looks like a 2 week delay. My father in law did make contact with the dealer though and expressed that if they cannot deliver in the agreed time frame he would want to look at other options. Maybe that focused minds. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2021 at 08:09, MartiniB said:

additionally, all discounts are in past :(

No they're not!  Go to www.drvethedeal.com.  I got £9750 off my new iV L&K order.

• 2 weeks later...

Our car was due to be delivered this month but I have been notified that Skoda are expecting it to be another 4-6 weeks. 

Admittedly they always said it would be near the end of the month so it isn't really too much of a delay from the promised date.

Fingers crossed!

It gives ChargedEV chance to get the charge point installed for us ready as well.

40 minutes ago, JamesETheFirst said:

When did you order your car may I ask? 

Ordered on the 19th July but it was for a factory spec car that already had a scheduled build week so it was a shorter queue (in theory) than a custom order.

1 minute ago, ND1 said:

Still nothing, ordered at the end of April, car was 99% complete in July.

Ah, I won’t get too excited then. That sucks.

Although I had heard that they prioritised hybrids slightly higher as it makes their fleet numbers look better, so I will keep a little bit of hope for ours being on this revised timeline!

Every industry is facing massive problems at the moment, we’re redesigned a lot of our products around parts that we can acquire. It isn’t quite as easy in automotive when things need to be requalified.

Still waiting on any information as well... Lease company chased multiple times, but no build/delivery week yet.  If I get it (Skoda Superb Hatchback 2.0 TSI 190 Laurin + Klement DSG w/options chosen) before Christmas, I'll be amazed.  Order went in, in July.

Edited by Mikeworcs
changed

I see, that’s what I did , I ordered a 1.5 petrol SE L, DSG ,metallic paint , spare wheel and winter pack. The salesman told me that everything is factory order at the moment as there is no stock  , so I could have what options I wanted, well I could anyway as I’m paying for it. 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what happens with a new car after many months without any driving. Will it need some additional maintenance, battery/oil change? I am also worried about possible Interior problems, because of direct sun and non-changing position. It's depressing.