Navigon 1st version update

f@NiS

Hello, recently I bought a 2014 Citigo sport cng. I found a 1st version navigon to buy but when I tried it on my car I couldn't see the average consumption. Is there a way to update it and work? Can I update the maps too? I couldn't find anything online.

18 minutes ago, peter3197 said:

Are you getting any connection to the car? See this :- 

The connection is perfect. Everything works perfect. The only problem is the consumption number. The 1st version isn't compatible with the cng model. That's why I am askimg if there is an update. It is the 1st version and there is nothing about it online.

It looks like Garmin no longer support the PID, see my post here: 

I've contacted both Skoda and Garmin. I fully expect to get nowhere with Skoda customer service based on past experience so await Garmins response.

• 4 weeks later...

With little surprise neither Skoda or Garmin have bothered to reply so I have chased them again. I would guess that users of PID's aren't high on Skoda's list of valued customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Skoda managed to finally reply and were s much use as a chocolate teapot!

"Garmin unfortunately has no Apps that supports the update of the PID systems and has no other alternatives to this. The software updates are something that would need to be addressed to Garmin directly.There is no obligation on the seller to maintain software updates indefinitely.

Whilst the above may come as a disappointment which I am  very sorry about, I can only recommend that you contact Garmin directly."

2 hours ago, freemansteve said:

Garmin won't be any help either.

Save yourself the pain and don't worry about latest maps or fuel consumption!

Oh I know, Garmin haven't even bothered replying. A little over 4 years after Skoda switching from a PID to an App and already they don't give a stuff about their customers.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2021 at 09:27, thebrighton said:

Oh I know, Garmin haven't even bothered replying. A little over 4 years after Skoda switching from a PID to an App and already they don't give a stuff about their customers.

And it took then two years to get the app working as well.

38 minutes ago, Miller73 said:

And it took then two years to get the app working as well.

And it doesn't anymore after an update last November. It will not reload on to my phone whereas the VW and SEAT versions will. I gave up after an exchange of over 10 emails with Skoda who just liked the PID washed their hands of it.

FWIW, on my phone at least (which is an ancient Moto G4 running Android 7) the latest 3.3.1 update of the app did work, finally.

I completely removed the previous version of the app (not working) and then tried the 3.3.1 version of the Up! app which worked.

Eventually Skoda released their cosmetically-branded version of the same app  and having removed the VW version, it suddenly worked.

The issue is that VAG (et al) contract out software like this to dodgy 3rd parties who don't really know what they are doing, or care - so this does not bode well for autonomous self-drive cars, does it?  I think I like a hydraulic brakes, and steering, that responds to MY input not that of a software engineer (and I was one for 10 years or more, on cutting edge stuff!)....