Octavia MkIII windscreen washer jet partially blocked

Hi, I have a 2015 2.0 TDI Octavia MkIII .  The  rhs windscreen washer jet has just started to only 'fire' from the left - as if the right side of the 'V' spray pattern has become blocked?  Is this easy to resolve please?  Thanks and kind regards

Alan

Hi IntercityUK, Thanks for the reply.  I have finally managed to make it work by blasting the washer jet with a hosepipe!  Fingers crossed that it doesn't block again.  I know that the washer bottle filler has a filter of sorts, but perhaps this lets crap in to the washer jet line over a period of time?

I had a similar problem of the jet blocking when Audi/VW/Skoda screenwash had been added by the delaer, when it mixed with the Holts screenwash that I use it created a jelly-like goo that blocked the jets.

Slightly on this topic, I drove a friends Seat Leon FR today, they seem to have 3 jets per side opposed to the Octavias 2 per side.

I wondered if the parts are interchangeable?? Anyone know?

17 hours ago, T07 said:

Happens if you mix different forms of screen wash. Should run the tank empty before switching 

Try telling that to the dealer who thinks they're doing you a favour by topping up the screenwash!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Try telling that to the dealer who thinks they're doing you a favour by topping up the screenwash!

Especially when you’ve topped it up to the brim beforehand :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kenny R said:

Especially when you’ve topped it up to the brim beforehand

And then they charge you. :angry:

Thanks, AG Falco

• Like 1