Later Mk4 builds.

Mine was January 2021. Bottom of infotainment Screen sometimes goes blank so you can’t change the temperature or put on heated seats etc. I’m sure my seat self reclines but haven’t got round to having a good look at it. Hate the amount of time it takes to boot up so I can turn off the start/stop button and then select the individual driving mode. Also I have to go into the car menu section and click on the headlight settings and switch them back to left hand traffic as they always reset to right hand traffic. Even if I stop for diesel I have to go through this routine every time. If I forget and just get in the car and drive you have to do this on the move. However it will not allow you to switch the lights back over when driving. So if you are driving at night you are blinding people with your headlights until you find a place to stop and reset them. 

It was in the garage for a full day trying to fix it. 
Reply from Skoda U.K. and Skoda Ireland. 

7C44D7F0-42BC-4884-9002-8BEC3F3C9DAA.jpeg

FF20BEAD-1A42-47A8-B02C-62F030F7FB9F.jpegI had a look at the dealers car, that was set to Left Hand. 
Checked a mk3.5 at work and that is set for Left Hand Traffic. 

Edited by Ozzy25

1 hour ago, Greezy56 said:

Is right hand traffic not correct as oncoming traffic is on the right? This has always confused me when this matter comes up

No in the UK we drive on the left (so left hand traffic) in right hand drive vehicles.

39 minutes ago, Berisford said:

Anyone on here recently rejected a red SEL estate, YP70WLW?

If no one answers, do a couple of quick checks.  Find out the head number, if it doesn't end in a letter then be afraid and check to see if you can change the units on the SatNav and Speedo.  The dodgy ones have SatNav defaulted to Km and you can't change the speedo to show kmh. Oh and check the VIN plate to make sure it doesn't read 0 for GTW - if it does, you can't fit a towbar.

Whilst the spec on first editions, especially those as ex demo with lots of bells and whistle, there are many with issues....I'm in the process of returning mine and I doubt, for the money I paid, I'll be able to get an issue free equivalent spec.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ajdude said:

If no one answers, do a couple of quick checks.  Find out the head number, if it doesn't end in a letter then be afraid and check to see if you can change the units on the SatNav and Speedo.  The dodgy ones have SatNav defaulted to Km and you can't change the speedo to show kmh. Oh and check the VIN plate to make sure it doesn't read 0 for GTW - if it does, you can't fit a towbar.

Whilst the spec on first editions, especially those as ex demo with lots of bells and whistle, there are many with issues....I'm in the process of returning mine and I doubt, for the money I paid, I'll be able to get an issue free equivalent spec.

Thanks for the advice Ajdude - I'm thinking it might be dodgy - private owner - 'couldn't get on with the high tec screen'........... I pushed for service details and it seems the head unit / info unit has been changed......:wondering:

On 30/04/2021 at 13:41, TheWanderer said:

Thanks for your input. Most appreciated, I will wait and see if anyone else wants to add anything more because if more owner's put their build dates in it should be able to determine where the bad builds end and the much improved one's begin.

My heart wants a new RS, whilst my head says "Don't touch one with the proverbial bargepole". 🤔

For what it is worth, I would not take the plunge yet. I rejected mine and can see that there are problems still all over. I'd give it at least another year. Just my view for whatever its worth. I just test drove the old mk III and everything worked! It may not be as nice and not have all the toys, but it worked!

On 30/04/2021 at 16:04, Gax said:

It's a toughie as I understand part of the reject process is involving being offered a discount on a new car.

If I am offered that and take it up, I'm not sure of the steps I'd be allowed to carry out myself to have confidence. I.E would I be able to sit in a car and go through all the menus and check they work, take it on a test drive far longer than the standard 4 or so miles around the block? I can't really see a new dealer allowing me to do that, when I haven't had a problem with them. My existing dealer however I don't particularly wish to remain with now, as they have ceased communicating with me since taking my car back. Why should I give my money to people who conduct their business so shoddily?

I really don't know if part of the issue in delaying my own reject from progressing is that nobody involved actually knows how to give any kind of assurance that a replacement vehicle would be okay. I am guessing they can't, otherwise I'd have one already!!

Exactly what happened to me. Dealers cannot promise because there a faults all over. I just cut my losses. Be aware that when you get a buy back figure from the dealer, they will want an answer in 2-3 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1