Fabia mk4 launch 6pm today (4th May) with launch details

The German configurator now has new Fabia

Starts at €16,290 (£13,971) for Active trim

But if you add (lots of) options to top spec Style with DSG then increase price to €30,000 (£25,730)

German site only has 3 spec levels: active, ambition, style.  There is no Monte Carlo spec (at the moment, but don’t know if it will be added later)

Of course German spec won’t be identical to UK spec but does give idea of price range £13,971 to £25,730

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/deu/de-DE/?_ga=2.50466601.1861954120.1629455113-27530b5f-8238-4fb2-a05a-8ecd18738e65&salesprogram=DEU&type=Car configurator

• Thanks 1

Mike Rutherford in Auto Express today describes exactly why I’m reluctant to go with a ‘top spec’ Fabia. 
See article below:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/opinion/355800/latest-infotainment-systems-some-vws-arent-fit-purpose

When we finally see what’s on offer in the UK hopefully the lower spec cars will have more user friendly infotainment systems. At least the Fabia Estate will be available as a good alternative! 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2021 at 16:24, KenONeill said:

UK armed forces are obsessed with headline mpg figures, rather than what cars actually give driven flat out everywhere,

What??? For the armoured vehicles and tanks??

• Confused 1

^^^ Normal vehicles used for everyday use, like many they have. 

Are the Skoda really going KISS with the Mk4 Fabia?

Hopefully they have had all the time to be sure they learned from past mistakes, door looms free from a short life because people open and close doors, seals of doors and hatches that keep H20 out, 

& a good heating / cooling / de-misting system across all trim levels.

Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 20.09.56.jpg

• Like 1

Tonight I came across this video review of the new Fabia. It looks like the same car that others have reviewed. I don't think it has been posted on here.

I was very surprised about the comments made about the boot size and comparisons to other cars.

I found the website below when looking for the new on-line Fabia instruction manual (unfortunately you need a VIN to download the manual). The link shows a group of videos explaining the infotainment features and is quite useful.

https://www.skoda-auto.com/services/new-fabia-videos

Edit:  Strike the bit about needing a VIN! The link below gives you access to the new Fabia manual. The file is in sections.

https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w/en_GB/show/36490e6c91cd0909ac1445252fd5b3f4_1_en_GB?ct=36490e6c91cd0909ac1445252fd5b3f4_1_en_GB#titled84721607e745

Edited by rkenny

• 2 months later...

Here is a little preview for you in 4K. Unfortunately didn’t have the key for the car, but infotainment doesn’t have any real changes so not a big lose there.

I love the new Facelift! But they cheapen out on the materials in the rear, damn VAG politics.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

For those of you who are interested in Advanced package. Here You go, enjoy!

I think this is a big step up when it comes to standard equipment. When You think of the previous very social Active package.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here’s Croatian Style package.

Since I tested the new VW Polo and Fabia. I can say Fabia has poor cabin sound proof, there is just too much noise compared to Polo.

Manual isn’t so precise and smooth, engine is bit noisier than in Polo. Center screen is not as sharp as in VW.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dibujo said:

If there was a Monte Carlo 1.5 Estate my order would be going in.

They'd have something that no other manufacturer is offering.

Yes would be a good size, not too big for old style parking spaces

Interestingly a new Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer has been launched today so might work as an alternative, but it lot bigger than old mk1 Fabia estate

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/cars/new-astra/offers-finance/sports-tourer/petrol-diesel/flexible-pcp.html

https://www.carwow.co.uk/vauxhall/astra/news/5742/new-2022-vauxhall-astra-sports-tourer#gref

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Interestingly a new Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer has been launched today so might work as an alternative, but it lot bigger than old mk1 Fabia estate

The Mk1 estate is where I'm probably going next since they're pretty cheap now. If I was buying a Fabia now I'd want an estate, but since they don't do one, Dacia would be getting my cash with the new Logan. :)

On 15/02/2022 at 18:04, SC03OTT said:

The car? What were you expecting from MC trim?

From the outside it doesnt look any different from a bog standard one. It looks **** ti be honest. What a waste of time. 

12 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

From the outside it doesnt look any different from a bog standard one. It looks **** ti be honest. What a waste of time. 

To be fair, when you're driving it, the most you'll see is the bonnet and mirrors anyway. :giggle: