How many have rejected or are in the process of rejecting?

Mine is going back too, letter from VWFS confirming it. Just waiting on the dealer to advise on when to drop it off. 

It’s a shame, the Octavia shows soooo mich promise and would be great if it did not have these software “features”. 

I’m gutted to be honest. 

So final update from me.  Having rejected my initial MK4 successfully and accepting a VRS diesel as a replacement (albeit with a considerable increase in cost), I cancelled that today with a full refund.  
The supplying dealer could not get the towbar fitted as there are parts not in stock with Skoda at the minute for the integrated, folding towbar.  So after 5 weeks of waiting, I just got fed up. 

Good luck everyone with getting the cars resolved.  Sorry to say my experience with VAG technology has not been great. 

1 hour ago, Ajdude said:

So final update from me.  Having rejected my initial MK4 successfully and accepting a VRS diesel as a replacement (albeit with a considerable increase in cost), I cancelled that today with a full refund.  
The supplying dealer could not get the towbar fitted as there are parts not in stock with Skoda at the minute for the integrated, folding towbar.  So after 5 weeks of waiting, I just got fed up. 

Good luck everyone with getting the cars resolved.  Sorry to say my experience with VAG technology has not been great. 

I’m sorry to hear that - so frustrating for you as I got the feeling you were looking forward to the VRS.

Hope you find a suitable, enjoyable and satisfying vehicle very soon. All the best….

I mentioned back in this thread (I think....or one of the other ones....) that my dealership did basically zilch in going through my long list of problems one by one. They also kept saying total BS to me that they had not been able to replicate any of the errors. I still rejected the car.

So I say go for it, get it rejected if you don't want it. People reject cars for less than the issues we've all had.

It seems unlikely you'll be challenged, and if your are then simply state that the errors are happening when you are driving it, it's not your problem if they don't happen when they are testing it.

I wouldn't give two hoots over the dealership I used believing me or not, given that they were lying to me for months.

25 minutes ago, fabiatdi105 said:

I was in the process in rejecting mine,

but it went in for software update now seems to be working fine. Can I still reject if the pry has been fixed ?

If your reason for rejection was a fault, and the fault was fixed first time, then simple answer is no if over the 30 days.   (As Car is now of satisfactory quality)

If you had listed multiple faults and only fixed some of them, then by default dealer hasn’t been able to fix (all) the faults so yes.

Of course if something else now doesn’t work, you can list it, give one chance to fix, and if not fixed, reject

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

If your reason for rejection was a fault, and the fault was fixed first time, then simple answer is no if over the 30 days.   (As Car is now of satisfactory quality)

If you had listed multiple faults and only fixed some of them, then by default dealer hasn’t been able to fix (all) the faults so yes.

Of course if something else now doesn’t work, you can list it, give one chance to fix, and if not fixed, reject

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Gax said:

I mentioned back in this thread (I think....or one of the other ones....) that my dealership did basically zilch in going through my long list of problems one by one. They also kept saying total BS to me that they had not been able to replicate any of the errors. I still rejected the car.

So I say go for it, get it rejected if you don't want it. People reject cars for less than the issues we've all had.

It seems unlikely you'll be challenged, and if your are then simply state that the errors are happening when you are driving it, it's not your problem if they don't happen when they are testing it.

I wouldn't give two hoots over the dealership I used believing me or not, given that they were lying to me for months.

Thanks 

I rejected my Silver estate SEL FE a month ago. There was so much to admire about the car but the technological glitches served to erode my confidence in the car. The relief experienced after the process was completed was significant. If someone is content to live with the glitches, pending an inevitable solution, great. If not, don't hesitate to enact the rejection process. In my opinion, life is too short to waste the time that so many users have been forced to endure. 

• Like 2

My car is in its 8th day at the dealers while they attempt - so far unsuccessfully - to fix the three seemingly software-related faults that I first notified them of 2 days after purchase.

It is now 27 days old.

Here in Australia we have similar laws to yours in the UK.

In case anyone in Australia is reading this here are the relevant  pages from the government site:

https://www.accc.gov.au/update/just-bought-a-new-car

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

I note that there does not appear to be any 30 day limit here.

The pages only mention that the dealer has "a reasonable time".

When I owned a Honda S2000 I several times had to wait 3 weeks for parts to arrive from Japan so I expect the situation of waiting for a software fix from Europe requires the same level of tolerance.

But I do not intend to wait for ever.

• Like 1

Hi,

Handed mine back today, sad to say that's the end of my relationship with Skoda.

Just waiting on the closure of my PCP deal, then I'll be on the look out for something different.

Dealer was very 'matter of fact', didn't even try to talk about a replacement or help me decide what to do with the 3k deposit that would be returned to me. Car was in a very sorry state after being parked under a tree for the last 5 months. I chose not to say anything, but right now I have decided never to buy anything from that dealership ever again...

Phil

12 hours ago, MuddyFunster said:

Hi,

Handed mine back today, sad to say that's the end of my relationship with Skoda.

Just waiting on the closure of my PCP deal, then I'll be on the look out for something different.

Dealer was very 'matter of fact', didn't even try to talk about a replacement or help me decide what to do with the 3k deposit that would be returned to me. Car was in a very sorry state after being parked under a tree for the last 5 months. I chose not to say anything, but right now I have decided never to buy anything from that dealership ever again...

Phil

I'm sorry it's over for you but glad at the same time, owning the MK4 was the most stressful months of car ownership I ever had. It isn't worth the sleepless nights and worry over a stupid lump of metal that doesn't work.

The relationship with my dealership was totally soured by my experience too. I understand they too were frustrated that they had been sold a bunch of lemons to try and sell on to the consumer, and then had apparently five (at that time) rejects to deal with. But that is neither the consumer's fault nor problem, and I was saddened by how quickly and easily the dealership passed the buck and said it was all up to Skoda to sort out. I also will never return to where I bought my MK4.

• Like 1

I'm in the "Never going back to that dealer" camp too. It's going to be a pain as I went for a VW Tiguan to replace it and it means I'll need to drive to another garage around 25 miles away from home instead of the one just down the road. However, they messed me around so much (and for so long) and added a lot of unnecessary stress to the whole process. I'd rather a bit of inconvenience than give them another penny. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

This all must be costing Skoda a fortune

Indeed! I've had a loan car through the dealer for over 10 weeks now...

49 minutes ago, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

And still the Octavia continues to win awards!!

But it is a very good car - the loan Octavia Mk4 I have is brilliant, and fault free over 4000+ miles. A real shame it's not the spec/engine/'box that I bought else I'd swap.