How many have rejected or are in the process of rejecting?

On 09/05/2021 at 14:23, Coume said:

I don't believe the issue had been escalated to factory nor had the legality of it been understood by Skoda UK until March 21.

I'm a fully paid up member of the rejection club and I know that I'd been talking with Skoda UK since October 20. They'd told me that it was being worked on by Skoda factory.

Like Gax, I had to take a break from the forum for the sake of my sanity.

None of those involved have covered themselves in glory here. I've got my rejection but have a complaint in with both the Motor Ombudsman (garage) and Financial Ombudsman (VWFS). Aside from the sheer length of time it took to resolve the many problems with the car, I'm out of pocket for the interest I've paid on the agreement and the service plan has yet to be refunded.

Oh, and I know for a fact that my car has been sold. Over the period of 2 days, I received a couple of letters telling me that the car was no longer mine (DVLA) and a part refund of VED. I also got an email from Skoda Connect saying thaat the car was no longer registered to me. If I see the new owner round and about, I'll be sure to try to give them a heads-up

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fox2319 said:

I'm a fully paid up member of the rejection club and I know that I'd been talking with Skoda UK since October 20. They'd told me that it was being worked on by Skoda factory.

Great info. Thanks for correcting me.

On 17/05/2021 at 20:26, VinzClortho said:

Has anyone rejected a car that was bought through a third party (non-VW finance) finance company? If so did you reject through the dealer or finance company please? 

Your purchase contract is with the dealer, so reject through the dealer.  (If you didn’t buy it, but have rented or leased it then then finance company owns it, so deal with them)

Depending on what your finance agreement is, (probably a loan) it maybe unconnected (it is not tied to that specific vehicle) so can be repaid separately (or you could keep it going and finance whatever you buy instead with it)

Edited by SurreyJohn

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

Your purchase contract is with the dealer, so reject through the dealer.  (If you didn’t buy it, but have rented or leased it then then finance company owns it, so deal with them)

Depending on what your finance agreement is, (probably a loan) it maybe unconnected (it is not tied to that specific vehicle) so can be repaid separately (or you could keep it going and finance whatever you buy instead with it)

Thank you; that’s how I thought it worked, the paperwork does say the vehicle is the property of the finance company until the final payment is made. 

The finance company said that Skoda are allowed an attempt to repair which they have had (in my case it was to fit paid for options that weren’t  fitted at build). They kept the car for the day and then said they had the wrong parts! 

My position now is that Skoda have admitted it’s a mis-build, and have had an attempt to sort it and failed. Therefore I have asked the finance company to take care of the rejection. I’d like to get Skodas acceptance of a mis-build in writing..

Thanks 

I'm currently walking through the rejection process. The dealer is trying to wiggle out if it but I'm sticking firm.

1.5 DSG mild hybrid, 4 weeks old.

• Like 2

On 23/05/2021 at 20:06, awahwah said:

I'm currently walking through the rejection process. The dealer is trying to wiggle out if it but I'm sticking firm.

1.5 DSG mild hybrid, 4 weeks old.

If they have had their one chance to fix the problem (remember they don’t get  multiple attempts) then try the subtle approach, put both sets of keys on salespersons desk, and ask if they need your debit card to process the refund.

Once you have notified them of reason for rejection, they have had chance to fix, then if they haven’t, any further delay is stalling for no legal reason.  

In theory if you go to collect a car being sorted and they say they were unable to do it, can get money back at that point.   Waffling need to talk to Skoda or some manager is just bluster, if there is a card machine on persons desk, refund can be done instantly (card machine will need a refund authorisation code, but that is to stop accidental banking error being processed, nothing to do with principle of rejection)

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

If they have had their one chance to fix the problem (remember they don’t get  multiple attempts) then try the subtle approach, put both sets of keys on salespersons desk, and ask if they need your debit card to process the refund.

Once you have notified them of reason for rejection, they have had chance to fix, then if they haven’t, any further delay is stalling for no legal reason.  

In theory if you go to collect a car being sorted and they say they were unable to do it, can get money back at that point.   Waffling need to talk to Skoda or some manager is just bluster, if there is a card machine on persons desk, refund can be done instantly (card machine will need a refund authorisation code, but that is to stop accidental banking error being processed, nothing to do with principle of rejection)

They have both key's, passed those to the Dealer Principle not any old sales person :).

VWSF told me yesterday to cancel the Direct Debit. So it looks like they are taking it over now.

If it's still a problem, I have a template letter provided by Which Magazine that can be sent to the dealer clearly articulating the two different consumer laws that are applicable.  One is more serious than the other in that it brings in trading standards with fines and legal action.

Good luck - sorry that you had to take this action. It's always going to be stressful.

• Love it! 1

4 minutes ago, Ajdude said:

If it's still a problem, I have a template letter provided by Which Magazine that can be sent to the dealer clearly articulating the two different consumer laws that are applicable.  One is more serious than the other in that it brings in trading standards with fines and legal action.

Good luck - sorry that you had to take this action. It's always going to be stressful.

They do have a letter that I put together after spending many hours researching. The template you have, would you be so kind to send it?

21 minutes ago, awahwah said:

They do have a letter that I put together after spending many hours researching. The template you have, would you be so kind to send it?

Can you place it on here, please - or provide a link to it? I think many of us would find that useful, if only for academic interest.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, awahwah said:

They have both key's, passed those to the Dealer Principle not any old sales person :).

VWSF told me yesterday to cancel the Direct Debit. So it looks like they are taking it over now.

My rejection was completed two weeks ago nearly, but my VWFS account remains open (pending closure) in a few days.

They have told me absolutely DO NOT cancel my direct debit until the account is closed, otherwise my credit rating could be absolutely destroyed.

I would seriously ignore the advice given, that cannot be correct. You will get your money back if another payment is taken.

Definitely don't cancel the direct debit. It'll just end up hurting you at a time when you need to have a clean credit score in order to get the new car.

Not sure about anyone else but I found that Skoda found an extra delay to nudge things over the threshhold of another payment being taken out of my account. I've still not got that back and have reported VWFS to the financial ombudsman and my garage to the motor ombudsman in the hope that I can get it resolved. Another one to watch for is that I took out the service plan when I bought the car. It's still not been refunded. 

Hi,

I'm mid rejection and am not impressed by both Skoda UK's apparent delay tactics and VWFS lack of communication. At the end of last week I took to phoning VWFS every day and today got a call from my case handler.

First thing they stated was that Skoda had told them there will be a fix for the MPH/KPH issue which is scheduled for the end of June (!?!). I have stated that while this all well and good, there is a systemic issue with the software implementation and I have lost faith with the vehicle and the VAG group as a whole. My vehicle has been at the dealers since March and waiting another six to eight weeks for a fix that may or may not work (or indeed be released) is still not on. 

The upshot is that they will be phoning me with their decision on Friday. I have said that the only resolution I will accept is a full refund and compensation for the inconvenience I have suffered and reminded them that this vehicle should never have been sold in the first place. They need to speak to the dealer and Skoda UK to organise things, so i'll wait to see what happens...

Cheers

Phil

26 minutes ago, MuddyFunster said:

Hi,

I'm mid rejection and am not impressed by both Skoda UK's apparent delay tactics and VWFS lack of communication. At the end of last week I took to phoning VWFS every day and today got a call from my case handler.

First thing they stated was that Skoda had told them there will be a fix for the MPH/KPH issue which is scheduled for the end of June (!?!). I have stated that while this all well and good, there is a systemic issue with the software implementation and I have lost faith with the vehicle and the VAG group as a whole. My vehicle has been at the dealers since March and waiting another six to eight weeks for a fix that may or may not work (or indeed be released) is still not on. 

The upshot is that they will be phoning me with their decision on Friday. I have said that the only resolution I will accept is a full refund and compensation for the inconvenience I have suffered and reminded them that this vehicle should never have been sold in the first place. They need to speak to the dealer and Skoda UK to organise things, so i'll wait to see what happens...

Cheers

Phil

Anyone thought about watchdog on the BBC. How many of us are there. I can see maybe 20 reg posters. 

10 minutes ago, Greezy56 said:

Anyone thought about watchdog on the BBC. How many of us are there. I can see maybe 20 reg posters. 

I'd be happy to stick my name in the ring. Anyone know how we start the process?

7 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

Ok lets get this highlighted . How do we do this with WD ? 

I googled how to contact WD, there is a Web form to complete and once done so generates the long number above.

My suggestion, cut and paste mine so they know these are all linked.

When I still had the car, I was contacted by someone at BBC to appear on Rip-Off Britain. I spent a couple of days talking to them and was all set to do a video call for the show until Paul Hamill at Skoda sent some email that implied things were progressing and they decided to park it for now. 

Frankly I think they need to get some good PR for all the carp they've made us all go through just so they could rush the release of what could have been a brilliant car.

On 17/05/2021 at 20:26, VinzClortho said:

Has anyone rejected a car that was bought through a third party (non-VW finance) finance company? If so did you reject through the dealer or finance company please? 

Yes, through the lease company who forwarded my request to the fifinance company.

15 hours ago, Bouncypete said:

Yes, through the lease company who forwarded my request to the fifinance company.

Thanks, has your rejection been completed? Was it an Octavia or a previous car? 

I've been asked for supporting information by the finance company so hopefully it’s progressing. My rejection is a bit different as it’s not related to faults but missing/non-fitted paid for optional equipment which apparently cannot be retrofitted. 

I have the same satnav km / miles issue with intermittent heated seat glitch on the passenger seat (1.5 SEL FE).

The car is in the dealer for this software update and currently I have a Passat estate as a replacement hire car.

My car was an ex demo and therefore ‘used’ with about 9k on the clock at 6 months  old.

It’s been back and forth for various issues; I was unfortunately a cash buyer so have no back up from any finance company but fortunately did make a deposit on a credit card. 

I’m not sure about my rights with a used rather than a new car but have made the dealer aware of the issues early on and have discussed the likelihood of rejection with Kate Laws. 

The driver’s door mirror motor failed in February, also had issues with air con not responding to the touch screen at all.

Add this to the list! Friends and family like the look of the car and I like how it drives etc (although I cannot find a comfortable seating position despite the fully electric seat!).

Any advice would be appreciated!