Kin Government Departments

Time to have a winge to hopefully make me feel better.

My wife decided on a Superb for her next car so she chose the model & we duly waited the neccesary weeks & on the 27th April it arrived at the dealers. The dealer "took" the neccesary forms to the local DVLA Office on the 28th to get the personal plate changed over, todays the 11th of May & the DVLA's max 10 day period is up by a few days so when will we get the car, well they say they are very busy & hopefuly shortly.

WHY O WHY does it take so long to perform something they must do thousands of times every year, we now have 2 sets of Insurance documents with the same reg "slightly illegal" they wont say what the new reg might be for the old car so if they do it early next week my wife will be miles from home for a few days in her old car with the wrong registration.

Then theirs the tax office, my Wifes entitled to a tax rebate for fuel used for work so she duly submitted the form & we got a letter today saying she owes them

We are meant to feel sorry for civil servants having their pensions brought in line with the rest of us' date=' perhaps if they had to work as hard as us & make less errors I might feel sorry for them, sorry to any civil servants reading this but Im just FED UP !!!![/quote']

:sofahide: :rofl:

Totally with you on the CS pensions though.

If we have to retire at 65' date=' then 67/68 to claim it you can bloody well come into line iwht the rest of us.

On top of that you ever found a government office open past 4pm?[/quote']

Yup, My office is open till 6:30pm, ok so its only 12:00 noon on a Friday.

And as for pensions, If I can retire at 60 then I will, its simply called a perk of the job, every employer has one, this just so happens to be ours, I get no bonuses worth talking about and no xmas golden handshake.

But i agree DVLA are lazy sod's :D, If we are all so paperwork driven as my area then I can understand why things take so long.

Got a phone call at 4 saying the transfer was finally completed & by the way we shut at 5 !!! Thankfully the dealer got there in time so Wifey gets a NEW CAR TOMORROW

.........as for pensions, If I can retire at 60 then I will, its simply called a perk of the job, every employer has one, this just so happens to be ours............

And just exactly how are supposed to pay for your early retirement eh?. :(

I read somewhere that 50% (or thereabouts) of our Council Tax is being used to top up pension funds!!. I'm sorry bud, but on this one I can't have you retiring at 60 on my hard earned cash, as far as I'm concerned 65 is the retirement age and should be for everybody, male or female.

Got a phone call at 4 saying the transfer was finally completed & by the way we shut at 5 !!! Thankfully the dealer got there in time so Wifey gets a NEW CAR TOMORROW

Hope she enjoys it.......and no Cannonballing in it. :D

And just exactly how are supposed to pay for your early retirement eh?. :(

I read somewhere that 50% (or thereabouts) of our Council Tax is being used to top up pension funds!!. I'm sorry bud' date=' but on this one I can't have you retiring at 60 on my hard earned cash, as far as I'm concerned 65 is the retirement age and should be for [u']everybody[/u], male or female.

if i were you I'd take anything you read about council's like that with a large pinch of salt.

i work for the council and we get accused of all sorts and very very little of it is true.

the DVLA however are a bunch of useless winkers and if there were anyway i could drive a car in the UK and not deal with them I'd do it, even if it meant paying double. they have made my car life hell over the last 6 months with their incompetence. :(

Enjoy the car it`s great, As for the pension bleating, why don`t people try to lift their pensions in line with the public sector INSTEAD of trying to drag everybody down to to their perceived "low" level ? I didn`t notice anyone moaning in the private sector in the past years when pension funds were doing very well either, and as for govt dept open after 4pm, how about hospitals, police, ambulance, fire, customs, army, navy, air force, coastguard, and whilst we are on the subject when was the last time anyone in the private sector had to go to work on Christmas day ? Most govt dept are being squeezed - less people to do the same work, is there any wonder errors are made. As for Stuart j, if I were to equally rant I might be led to think that things can`t be so bad for the private sector, what with a brand new car, a second car, and a private plate, i might also think that perhaps you and some of the other public sector knockers might like to put some of their hard earned money away in an investment scheme which may allow them to retire earlier, rather than spend it on new motors with private plates ?? Perhaps people should also not shoot from the hip when annoyed or better still take their rant elswhere.

Rant response over.:(

micky you obviously have never met stuart, i fully believe(without having actually asked) that stuart is setting himself up for early retirement as certainly seems to have his head screwed on :)

but i agree with you on the rest of your post :thumbup:

the amount of tenants that moan about the council housing service, it really pee's me off tbh. they pay virtually sod all and get a house/flat/bungalow, 24hour emergency callout for gas/electric/water/locks/broken windows and all repairs done for free(in oxford at least) yet they moan that they have to paint their own walls or repair their own internal doors or something :mad:

people don't seem to realise that council housing is a privilege and not a right :thumbdwn:

Council housing service is fine, I'm on the ohter side of the fence where I'm in a block of flats etc where I have to pay more than 25% of the cost of a 4-in-a-block flat for repairs, maintenance etc, as I own the lease. Typical.

So when the council decided to fit security doors at a cost of 1000 quid (!!) that not a single person in our block wanted (as the door gets propped open during the day), got locked out as they activated the doors without any notification on Valentines day to return after a nice meal, not being able to get back in at 10pm really p*ssed me right off. After a walk around the block to calm myself down pre-calling the emergency callout number (thank God I had a yellow pages chucked in the car by sheer chance) to remain polite(ish), I finally got in at 11pm. Then we got told if we wanted more than 2 keys to get in they'd cost another 30 quid a piece (!!).

When they do decide to finally send the bill I'll make an arrangement to pay a tenner a month, they aren't gonna get 1000 quid as a one-off 10-days to pay..

rant>

Totally right bengie - it's a privilege not a right & I sure wish those tenants who get given a 3-bedroom house for free vs having to pay rent or whatever would not only appreciate it, but also stop destroying it. Every 6 months the house is totally refurbished when new tenants come in. We've had more grief with one of those flats then anywhere else I've lived, there are other council tenants who have lived there for years and have a great attitude, trying to keep things tidy & doing their own thing to do something back for the community. I must admit I like them a lot better :D

its amazing, the scum that wreck the houses and pay sod all rent seem to get the world given to them and the nice people that call us out once every ten years for something seem to get fisted to the Nth degree and have to pay a load of money for simple jobs :(

on thursday me and another sparky visited a house that had a family of pikey's living in it, thye have been there for 6 months-ish and we had to replace 3 double sockets including boxes and two light fittings that were destroyed, how the hell do they do it and get away with it :mad:

@bengie - I know what you mean. That said the worst ones we had around here actually stripped out anything that wasn't glued down - kitchen was removed, sockets, everything. Bare wires everywhere.

IMHO a jail sentence may be appropriate for those involved. At least that way they get a smaller room :mad:

blimey, the worst we have round here is a group of druggies get a new place about 9 - 12 months. they go in a completely wreck the place, normally resulting in no partion walls left standing.

they get moved on and the repair costs added to their tab. the owe around 1/4 million in repais so far and will never ever pay it :mad:

kick em out on the street i say!

Hope she enjoys it.......and no Cannonballing in it. :D

Thanks M8, Initial impressions of the car are FANTASTIC, I cant believe how under rated they are, As a good work horse it seems so much car for the money, it just swallows up the miles so easily & with seemingly no effort

Thanks M8, Initial impressions of the car are FANTASTIC, I cant believe how under rated they are, As a good work horse it seems so much car for the money, it just swallows up the miles so easily & with seemingly no effort

No more plans for the S/RS 4 then.

No more plans for the S/RS 4 then.

The Octy still needs to be finished, I want to see that completed, just paint & seats to do. I will use it for the Furball this year & then it might well be up for sale. Then who knows, Ive always wanted an RS4, Wendy loves them so just maybey it will happen, Its a lot of Money but you cant take it with you & the Government will only have it if you havent spent it. Best plan is to fleece money off for your kids & die with debt

Civil Servants get paid about 6% less than the private sector, but the deal is that they get a better pension. The longer they tolerate the poor pay, the better the pension. Make the pension worse, we'd have to pay them more now.

And if we pay them less, and reduce the pension, then the service will get much worse, because only stupid people would take the job.

I'm up for paying a bit more and making them retire at stnadard age.

That way you keep experience for an extra 5 years.

In the bigger picture though, how does it really affect you? Its an individuals terms and conditions whch, through the medium of a union, has been negotiated.

Would you not retire at 60 if you could?? or would the pangs of guilt just be too much for you?