My 2016 Superb Estate PACC Retrofit

Not wanting to hijack the heated windscreen retrofit thread, so started this one. Since seen its doable on virtually any 2105 and up MQB car, was wondering what is needed to make it happen on a MY2016 Superb, so far i gathered you need the A5 camera 3Q098065xx, as for the ACC Radar you need 3QF907561* (letter not important).

Nothing other than that is needed if i am not mistaken?

Now, once installed, i assume you need ODIS, first of all you need CP removed from the new radar, and camera if you need one, with that taken care of, whats the next step? Is parameterization needed, calibration, just coding, ODIS, or is Vag-Com enough, or VCP?

@Krosta i recon you have previous experience with this retrofit?

@AlVal You are doing this retrofit now? Care to share any info? 

Thank you to all who can help in advance!

Front Camera must be 3Q0 or 2Q0

Front Radar 3QF with any index, 5Q0 with index G/H, 2Q0 (I mean HW part number, not SW, because for 3QF the SW is 5Q0 too, there is not specific index needed)
Navigation (MIB2 and newer)

It could also be needed to write to the front radar special dataset, without it it won't work. I am not 100%, but maybe some radar no need this dataset (in my case on Octavia, it was needed)

CP removal is 100% needed in case, that you are going to change the radar (front camera 3Q0 is not protected, no need to do CP removal)

After all of this done:

Calibration of front radar (in case that it was changed - I did the calibration with only mirror 90 cm in front of the car and run calibration, after third try working without any problems)

Coding for sure

SWaP/FeC activated in radar (without changing radar - needed only the one for pACC, with changing the radar - needed three SWaP/FeC (Front Assist variant, ACC variant, pACC)

In case of 2Q0 camera without TSR activated -> SWaP/FeC also for activating TSR

All of this can be done remotely if you have VAS. 

The dataset needed can be found on the internet for free, swap/fec is not free unfortunately

Thank you for the input, i do have TSR, so all i would need is the newer PACC radar, and then the dataset-swap/fec magic.. So my best bet is to do the hardware chagne-the radar itself, and let someone do the coding magic remotley..

Yes and be sure, that you have correct navigation (infotainment MIB2+, but if I am not mistaken, cars produced after 5/2015 have MIB2).

Dataset and SWaP/FeC can be uploaded to the unit via ODIS-E (ODIS-S is not enough)

And what radar do you have? 

If you need to change the radar, you need to get CP removed, the rest can do someone remotely 

Edited by Krosta

Currently i have the stock ACC radar, i am sure i will need to purchase the newer radar, so CP removal is also a must! I have a friend with ODIS-E, so thats not a problem!

I will check my current radar with obd11 in the morning, as well as my camera!

Here's what I bought for an upgraded radar and I will fit this a5 camera, as its the right version for pacc, after I change the windshield for one which supports pacc. 

It's possible abs needs some upgrades on some cars which could get messy, although some people say if you already have acc, abs is probably already a good version

IMG_20210607_222214_542.jpg

Yes this radar will work, I have the same. It will just need SW upgrade maybe.

ABS is not a problem, if you already have ACC and I think, that every Superb's ABS support ACC, because all of them have EPB.

https://mibsolution.eu/#/1/9/pACC

Has software resources to help you with pACC

Let me know if you want access

2 minutes ago, Krosta said:

Yes this radar will work, I have the same. It will just need SW upgrade maybe.

ABS is not a problem, if you already have ACC and I think, that every Superb's ABS support ACC, because all of them have EPB.

Cool.. I'm sure I notice you on the VAG/MIB telegram group too 🙂 they're a good bunch

• Like 2

Yeah, I know about this files. There is also solution, how to get swaps working on ACC (also pACC), but for my taste it is too complicated and risky

3 minutes ago, AlVal said:

Cool.. I'm sure I notice you on the VAG/MIB telegram group too 🙂 they're a good bunch

Yes, I am there, I know a few people from there and that is why I joined the group 😀

Edited by Krosta

12 hours ago, AlVal said:

What is on this site as I need a login to get in?

and who do I contact to get the details?

The login details are written in the sign-in page - it is guest, guest. There is plenty of information, useful tools, SW and so on. There is really a lot of things to see there. You can also get ODIS from there.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

On 13/06/2021 at 23:18, AlVal said:

I'm not skillful enough with this kind of data, but such a link is a 'gold mine' ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: 

so if my radar is 3Q0907561D, that is no good for pACC? Can it be changed out for the 3QF one from a Golf for example and except for the calibration, will it need coding or any software swaps?

Exactly, this radar is not suitable for pACC. And yes, it can be changed to 3QF, but I am really not sure, if it is possible to retrieve the previous swaps back, because it is totally different HW. I mean, that you will need after that to add three swaps - for Front Assist version, ACC version and pACC. After that "only" coding and maybe to add the dataset. And of course to remove component protection. With the instruction on the link, you can add the swaps by yourself, with flashing to the 3QF radar corresponding X SW (there is a guide, how to do it).

4 minutes ago, Krosta said:

Exactly, this radar is not suitable for pACC. And yes, it can be changed to 3QF, but I am really not sure, if it is possible to retrieve the previous swaps back, because it is totally different HW. I mean, that you will need after that to add three swaps - for Front Assist version, ACC version and pACC. After that "only" coding and maybe to add the dataset. And of course to remove component protection. With the instruction on the link, you can add the swaps by yourself, with flashing to the 3QF radar corresponding X SW (there is a guide, how to do it).

all that is well out of my depths, any guides or tutorials on learning about the flashing, swaps and all them bits, thanks

I would say, that tutorial is simple, if you never did this, don't do this even know. Don't want to sound rude, just realistic :D It is very easy to do something, which will be irreparable. Maybe you could find out someone, who is close to you and do this for you for a small charge :) 

1. Replace front radar for 3QF
  2. Flash X file corresponding for 3QF radar
  3. Do CP
  4. Add swaps via tool on the site
  5. Upload dataset
  6. Done :)

For example on my car it was done. The man charged 250€ for doing this - I just replaced the radar and everything else was done wirelessly. I just needed VAS5054/VAS6154 (diagnostic cable). It was done in 30 minutes (there was a complication with my diagnostic cable, it could be done quicker), after that I did test drive and it was a success. After confirmation, that everything was working, I paid him. 

• Thanks 1