Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

On 29/05/2022 at 10:46, icohohi said:

New update from this Tuesday - build week 25 and if this remains the same till next Tuesday it will become confirmed. Not sure if this is error or not, but definitely wont hold my breath.

Build week 25 confirmed.

2.0 TSI Vision - Canton, Side assist, Matrix, Double glazed windows, Digital Cockpit, Virtual pedal, 4x4 off-road button etc. Ordered 7 October 2021 or exactly 180 working days as per contract.

• Confused 1

I had a build week set for mid June order placed March 21 (through lease), but this has now turned to awaiting build week.

I know there was a reference to Skoda running a general reassessment of all orders at this time of year before having build weeks being reassigned.

Does anyone know if this is true and whether when/if my build week comes back there is even a remote possibility of it being close to what it was??

1 minute ago, WarksKodiaq said:

I had a build week set for mid June order placed March 21 (through lease), but this has now turned to awaiting build week.

I know there was a reference to Skoda running a general reassessment of all orders at this time of year before having build weeks being reassigned.

Does anyone know if this is true and whether when/if my build week comes back there is even a remote possibility of it being close to what it was??

My dealer says that isn’t true and cars can slip in and out of build regardless. Mine slipped then moved back to its mid June build week but as the dealer says nowadays until it’s built and shipped it doesn’t really mean a lot. 

Picked up car today and well happy with it. Added a couple of wee bits and changed the hood emblem. 235 days to get here- all the best to those still waiting 😬

2B92FDB2-BB11-4E14-A00B-128841E2F216.jpeg

181E92D7-987D-4F84-8FF3-60220BA221F0.jpeg

D701E913-DA92-4E1C-A5B1-E25551BFA80F.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice... but I have to ask - what's the purpose of the window dooberies? IMO, they look awful, and does anyone drive around with their windows open a small bit anymore, especially in cars with a/c?

Love the monochromeyness of it though - looks stunning!

10 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Very nice... but I have to ask - what's the purpose of the window dooberies? IMO, they look awful, and does anyone drive around with their windows open a small bit anymore, especially in cars with a/c?

Love the monochromeyness of it though - looks stunning!

Thank you Yogi-Bear. The wind deflectors allow me to sleep in the car after fishing trips and let fresh air in but not the rain. I agree, I don’t ever drive with the windows open either but they are combined with full coverage net screens so the midges stay out too. The benefits outweigh any aesthetics issues 😂

2 hours ago, Skodad23 said:

Awesome car Lego Jet, I like the window reflectors - some people have no taste! Only kidding Yogi!

Where did you source them from?

Cheers Skoda23 😂 I think they are quite unobtrusive but definitely functional. They are Climair, https://www.climairuk.com/search.php?mmy_mode=apply&fmake=67&fmodel=2702  They do 2 versions depending on rubber or chrome window surround. 

• Like 1

My Tuscon 230 N Line S is here after ordering 8 weeks ago! Big shout out to Lightcliffe Skoda of Warrington- absolute joke of a dealership. You live and learn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

After slipping build date a couple of times my February order is now built and on the way.

So there is some movement it seems.

That’s great news, was that Feb 21 or 22? 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, iwb100 said:

So there is some movement it seems

Judging by the number of new Kodiaqs that have suddenly appeared around these parts lately, something has evidently happened...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Judging by the number of new Kodiaqs that have suddenly appeared around these parts lately, something has evidently happened...

Not for me it hasn't!

4 hours ago, Spivo said:

My Tuscon 230 N Line S is here after ordering 8 weeks ago! Big shout out to Lightcliffe Skoda of Warrington- absolute joke of a dealership. You live and learn.

Not entirely sure what you expected the dealer to do if they're not getting any information out of Skoda UK and/or the Skoda factory. It's not like they determine when (or even if) an order gets built.

Anyway, enjoy the new motor...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

Petrol 1.5 Sportline. Virtual Cockpit. 

What colour did you go for? At this point I'm wondering if they've run out of black paint as its the only excuse they have left.

3 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

Black. 

Go figure, I ordered an identical car in Feb 2021.

That means It's complete incompetence or intentional delays to avoid losses on orders placed before the price hikes. Either way it doesn't look good on Skoda.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tarqy said:

That means It's complete incompetence or intentional delays to avoid losses on orders placed before the price hikes. Either way it doesn't look good on Skoda.

I knew the situation was dire but to be gazumped by a genuinely identical order is ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tarqy said:

Yeah I suspect orders like yours are just lost in the system. Or deliberately lost.

They have some sort of automatic scheduler so I’m told and I’m guessing it just isn’t working with orders that were placed so long ago and subsequent spec and price changes…it probably just can’t or isn’t assigning them appropriate build slots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iwb100 said:

Yeah I suspect orders like yours are just lost in the system. Or deliberately lost.

They have some sort of automatic scheduler so I’m told and I’m guessing it just isn’t working with orders that were placed so long ago and subsequent spec and price changes…it probably just can’t or isn’t assigning them appropriate build slots.

If this is true hopefully Tarqy's order will go error state like mine and force a human to look at it...

I'm still waiting for my Black October 4th 2021 order. Was asked to remove 360, canton and side assist around 3 months ago which I agreed to. the only thing I've heard since is that my zero % finance is no longer available, although I will still take it. On a positive note, I have noticed on the local car site (equivalent of auto trader) there have been 7 or 8 VRSs come available in the last 10 or so days when there were simply none for around 6 months. Colours are primarily blue, red or matt grey and a black one was posted yesterday. There are many sportlines available in all colours so hopefully this indicates things are moving in a positive directly finally (or am I just clutching at straws :) ) The wait is real!

2 minutes ago, AntD said:

If this is true hopefully Tarqy's order will go error state like mine and force a human to look at it...

I've just fired off my usual monthly whats happening email to the lease company.

Last I heard I had a provisional build date of 27th of this month but I had one for May that slipped so I'll not hold my breath.