Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

56 minutes ago, Dappernut said:

Car has been sat at Emden port for the last month allegedly.  Dealer's assertion that I could have it by the end of December is looking increasingly unlikely. 😉

I would be questioning that.  It's highly unlikely to be there for longer than a couple of weeks, especially if it's going to Grimsby or Sheerness.

Dealer chased this week, update is - play remains the same order accepted awaiting a build date. I've asked how long long this can go on for (not including the answer of until i cancel the order) if there is anything that says once accepted orders must be fulfilled within months (could be years at this rate). I'm 8 months in from ordering now 

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

Have checked this week with lease company on progress of my new 1.5 Tsi DSG Sportline ordered end of Sept. They have come back to me this morning having spoken to the dealer and it's still awaiting a build date too.

• Groan 1

9 minutes ago, Stumpage2 said:

Our new Kodiaq L&K arrived yesterday!!!

BUT it has the wrong colour interior to what we ordered!!!! So trying to sort out what now.

:o  Thats crazy either you take it and its compo (a lot) or reject which.........................

1 hour ago, xspartx said:

It does seem as though Sportlines have been affected more than any other spec.  Not sure why.

My Sportline certainly has been delayed. Ordered June 21, built August 21, I believe it’s been sitting at Kralove airfield since.

27 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

My Sportline certainly has been delayed. Ordered June 21, built August 21, I believe it’s been sitting at Kralove airfield since.

i've probably asked this before did you add any extras? 

Skoda & VW Group were simply clever in being in no hurry to deliver in Europe the higher emission vehicles while VW Group were required to meet the Average C02 emissions that they missed in 2020. 

They were reliant in partner manufacturers producing and registering EV's and electrified vehicles as VW Group never produced enough of their own.

2022 they now need to get vehicles finished or produced and get the money in on them. 

VW Group have signed up the companies required to have the required 2022 emission figures. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

i've probably asked this before did you add any extras? 

Yes, I added winter pack, virtual cockpit, family pack, USB port at rear view mirror, and Canton.

Canton is no longer available to order, and the electric child lock option has been removed from the family pack. I’ve had no indication that these options are causing the delay, and I’ve had no contact as to if I want to remove these options to speed up my order, nor have I heard that these options have been removed from my order.

4 minutes ago, Omniking said:

Thats an insane fast build :o

Build date was week beginning 16th August, delivery was due to be September, which was changed to November, still waiting.

Just now, Kenny R said:

Build date was week beginning 16th August, delivery was due to be September, which was changed to November, still waiting.

Have an order end june 21 and till date nothing but a probable date march/arpil 2022. Your build date is the fastest i have seen done.

There are a few on here from the UK that ordered around the same time and later, including vRS which was not available when I ordered, that have already received their orders.

The OP of this thread ordered his vRS in July and it arrived in October.

Edited by Kenny R

Just now, Omniking said:

I still believe the UK has the fastest delivery service, but how it is possible no clue at all.

i'd hate to see the worst then, they've made a tough and impossible situation through no ones fault even worse than it should be 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kenny R said:

The OP of this thread ordered his vRS in July and it arrived in October.

I did... and it did.

And today, after 3 months and almost 1700 miles of running in, I put it into Sport and let rip for the first time on a nice quiet road. Let's just say I'm still smiling 😊.

• Like 1
  • Crying 1

I’ve just discovered this thread! I ordered a VRS to replace my 69 plate edition (decent trade in etc) in early August. I ticked the box for family pack, canton, ACC, winter pack and usb. I have a confirmed acceptance of order and build week Is week 5. I’ve been in touch (many times) with the dealer and Skoda customer service and they’ve all assured me the cars ordered with canton will be honoured, so I’m fully expecting it to turn up with it. If it doesn’t I’ll be considering options.

what did irk me was I recently enquired about adding a towbar to the order. The system allowed me to make the changes (also added sleep pack) as long as I agreed to pay the base car price increase at the same time. It all went through and then got rejected by the factory. 

Im not to fussed about the delays, they’re understandable + I have the edition and a sport line to make do, but I do find customers getting their cars delivered, who ordered significantly later than others,  to be a bit of a **** take. 

anyway, back to keeping fingers crossed!

Edited by jon_r

20 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I did... and it did.

And today, after 3 months and almost 1700 miles of running in, I put it into Sport and let rip for the first time on a nice quiet road. Let's just say I'm still smiling 😊.

Have you given the exhaust sound booster another go or is it still a no-no? This is an aspect I was looking forward to but you made think maybe not 😬

4 hours ago, jon_r said:

I’ve just discovered this thread! I ordered a VRS to replace my 69 plate edition (decent trade in etc) in early August. I ticked the box for family pack, canton, ACC, winter pack and usb. I have a confirmed acceptance of order and build week Is week 5. I’ve been in touch (many times) with the dealer and Skoda customer service and they’ve all assured me the cars ordered with canton will be honoured, so I’m fully expecting it to turn up with it. If it doesn’t I’ll be considering options.

what did irk me was I recently enquired about adding a towbar to the order. The system allowed me to make the changes (also added sleep pack) as long as I agreed to pay the base car price increase at the same time. It all went through and then got rejected by the factory. 

Im not to fussed about the delays, they’re understandable + I have the edition and a sport line to make do, but I do find customers getting their cars delivered, who ordered significantly later than others,  to be a bit of a **** take. 

anyway, back to keeping fingers crossed!

Can I ask, when did they come back to you to confirm your build week? 

5 minutes ago, Bob-Crusoe said:

Have you given the exhaust sound booster another go or is it still a no-no? This is an aspect I was looking forward to but you made think maybe not 😬

I still have it turned off for everyday use... but when hooning it last night in Sport mode, it wasn't really what I was concentrating on. To be honest, it's more when you're in traffic or round town that it is comical and/or annoying. When you're on the open road it's less intrusive. I'd not miss it if it wasn't there - but at least you can turn it off because I certainly wouldn't want it there all the time.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bob-Crusoe said:

Can I ask, when did they come back to you to confirm your build week? 

I think it was around early to mid-December 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jon_r said:

I think it was around early to mid-December 

Does this mean you are at stage 10 or 20? My VRS has been on order since end of November and mine is still stage 10 and provisional build second week in February. I’m optimistic!

89F7D087-88BF-4660-BD6B-7D65967DAF1C.jpeg

• Like 2