Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

13 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

DM Keith Grimsby have a new vRS for sale on Autotrader

They'll have nicked it out the compound when it came off the boat... pity the poor person that's not getting their order 🤣.

As I said, I'm only going off what myself and others have been told. If that's not the case, then fair enough - anyone who wants a VRS can bag a relative bargain (getting any sort of discount seems like a bonus right now, and not having to wait as well...).

EDIT - certainly better value than the Sportline with 4k miles on the clock that Skoda Guildford are trying to flog for a quid under £50k!

Edited by Yogi-Bear

24 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

If I were you, I'd be asking about how they came by this one and why it's up for sale... what exactly is wrong with the stitching, anyway?

It's just really odd that they happen to have a VRS sitting around the dealership, when others on here (not just me) have been told that dealers can't order them for demo/stock. Something doesn't add up, and while I hope it is just paranoia and you get the car sooner rather than later, you really don't want to end up with something if there are problems the dealer is keeping quiet on... or there's some history to the car they won't tell you.

It's black not red, which I couldn't care less about but what can I do! 

15 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

DM Keith Grimsby have a new vRS for sale on Autotrader , there’s a few Sportlines and other models available as well. 

Yeah I was gonna say this, it seems dealerships are getting access to them without it being a customer order. In my hunt for a facelift model L&K or vRS that I didn't have to order myself... I phoned every dealer in the UK...I know 😂 Was informed by a few dealers (not the one I have my order with) that Skoda announce all model types on some sort of dealers register online and they can claim what they want.

Not sure how accurate this is, as I'm relying on the accuracy of the dealers but since a few different ones told me the same thing it seems legit.

I'm going to speak to the dealer on Monday and if I don't get a guarantee I'll try to get my deposit money back...hopefully the vRS or the L&K on autotrader aren't snapped up by then!

There are random Kodiaq and Karoq cars been made available to dealers recently. A bit annoying when our orders of June are not even getting a build date. Unable to afford one of these "random" cars for sale as they are sticking an additional £3 to 5k on the selling price. I think the Skoda focus is on trying to attract additional customers with cars being built, knowing that people like us are already committed with no reasonable options out there. The silence related to updates from Skoda speaks volumes. The cars are going to be very late and they know that but not telling us. 

so our car was due to be built 23 tuesday just gone. just checked and latest update is no build week but order confirmed by factory. Honestly couldnt  make this **** up its a complete joke

• Groan 1

Ordered in June.  Weeks of 'no update'.  Today I've been advised production expected the week commencing 3rd Jan 2022, although they also said this is still to be confirmed.  Maybe in time for the 22 plate registrations???

51 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

so our car was due to be built 23 tuesday just gone. just checked and latest update is no build week but order confirmed by factory. Honestly couldnt  make this **** up its a complete joke

Not acceptable !!!

Finally got some good news this week after weeks of nothing. It's been built and is in transit...... but it's still anybody's guess as to when it'll reach these shores, let alone the dealership. (but at least it's moving)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LSport said:

Ordered in June.  Weeks of 'no update'.  Today I've been advised production expected the week commencing 3rd Jan 2022, although they also said this is still to be confirmed.  Maybe in time for the 22 plate registrations???

How did you find the build date?

Just now, DjEatch said:

Finally got some good news this week after weeks of nothing. It's been built and is in transit...... but it's still anybody's guess as to when it'll reach these shores, let alone the dealership. (but at least it's moving)

How do you get this info?

1 minute ago, Spivo said:

I've been emailing to dealer every few weeks since the Skoda live chat stopped being able to give updates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlienAl said:

Honestly couldnt  make this **** up its a complete joke

Totally agree. I ordered in June, build week was 16th August and all the info I’ve had so far is “ car is still in production but delayed”.

Dealer is getting no tangible info from Skoda, and Skoda customer service is as much good as a chocolate teapot, latest from them is don’t expect delivery any time soon.

Edited by Kenny R

2 hours ago, Spivo said:

How did you find the build date?

I received an e-mail from the broker today who said they received an update from the dealership. 

DjEatch - Good to hear you received positive news.  Gives the rest of us some hope that we might see our orders in the near future.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 09:02, Voyager220v said:

Hi Folks,

I placed an order for a Kodiak VRS 29th September. Being quoted 30 weeks for delivery per Skoda's guidance. Dealer reckons that it may well be 27 weeks based on what they are seeing to date, we'll see.  Have paid deposit and now have to sit & wait for about 10 weeks before likely to get a build date. I went for a lot of electronics so fully expect to hit all the delays possible.

will post updates when anything happens

and an update. Got a call from the dealer yesterday re my order. Skoda apparently have instructed dealers to contact owners of orders that don't yet have an allocated build week and have specified any of the following:

CANTON sound system

Area View

Blind Spot Detection

Skoda unable to supply the above , as I had all the above ticked what would I like to do?

Cant fault the car but I am concerned that essentially I'm starting over and am now tempted to see what alternatives potentially have a better prospective delivery time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Voyager220v said:

and an update. Got a call from the dealer yesterday re my order. Skoda apparently have instructed dealers to contact owners of orders that don't yet have an allocated build week and have specified any of the following:

CANTON sound system

Area View

Blind Spot Detection

Skoda unable to supply the above , as I had all the above ticked what would I like to do?

Cant fault the car but I am concerned that essentially I'm starting over and am now tempted to see what alternatives potentially have a better prospective delivery time.

I have all these options 😞

59 minutes ago, PartiZan said:

I have all these options 😞

I am beginning to wonder if this is why mine turned up so quickly... I have none of those.

Good luck to anyone who has ordered an L&K - they're all standard kit!

25 minutes ago, Yeltzer said:

Agreed, but I can only go on what the dealer is telling me the system is showing 😀

The Skoda system is a complete joke at the moment.

I was informed my Kodiaq went into production 16/8 and to expect delivery in September, then changed to delivery in November now according to dealer system says still in production but “delayed “.

A phone call from customer service yesterday seemed to imply that I wouldn’t see my Kodiaq till next year 😞

• Sad 1

Ordered a standard Sportline 4x4 in June and not heard anything at all, no build date - nothing! VW group are a shambles with no system and certainly no orderly queue 

4 minutes ago, Dappernut said:

It's almost as if they're building whatever they feel like based on components available and then trying to match the result to a customer order.

I don’t think it’s even as technical as that :)