Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

I got confirmation that mine was built yesterday. Just waiting to see if that means built built, or half built and now waiting on a line. Hopefully it’s the first scenario and it’ll be here shortly. I’ve asked for collection in March. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jon_r said:

I got confirmation that mine was built yesterday. Just waiting to see if that means built built, or half built and now waiting on a line. Hopefully it’s the first scenario and it’ll be here shortly. I’ve asked for collection in March. 

What have you ordered/who from and when please?

Info is available a few pages back, but it’s a VRS ordered first week in august. Canton, ACC, family and winter packs and a few other bits. 

• Like 2

Hello guys, I decided to register here, because I read this topic day after day, especially after someone here posted the link to the Kralove airport webcam - that was a must check every early morning :) now i want to share my experience about ordering my Kodiaq to maybe calm down some of you :) well, I ordered it through dealer in August and at that time I was told to wait at least 6-9 months. 

I ordered 1.5 TSI DSG Style, Moon white with quite a lot of extra chips I believe:) (ACC, Side assist, Lane assist, Park assist, Traffic sign rec., Rear camera, Electric tailgate, Family pack, Navi pack, Headlight cleaning system, Digital dashboard, Sport steering wheel w/ paddles, Heated windscreen, seats and steering wheel,...). I somewhere heard that the car gets around 800-1400 chips wow..

However I never got a build date. Around 15 January I got a message from dealer that the production is confirmed by factory, nothing else and now after some 10 days I got a call that the car is in transit from Czech! :D :D :D  So there is still hope for all of you, cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, racer87 said:

Hello guys, I decided to register here, because I read this topic day after day, especially after someone here posted the link to the Kralove airport webcam - that was a must check every early morning :) now i want to share my experience about ordering my Kodiaq to maybe calm down some of you :) well, I ordered it through dealer in August and at that time I was told to wait at least 6-9 months. 

I ordered 1.5 TSI DSG Style, Moon white with quite a lot of extra chips I believe:) (ACC, Side assist, Lane assist, Park assist, Traffic sign rec., Rear camera, Electric tailgate, Family pack, Navi pack, Headlight cleaning system, Digital dashboard, Sport steering wheel w/ paddles, Heated windscreen, seats and steering wheel,...). I somewhere heard that the car gets around 800-1400 chips wow..

However I never got a build date. Around 15 January I got a message from dealer that the production is confirmed by factory, nothing else and now after some 10 days I got a call that the car is in transit from Czech! :D :D :D  So there is still hope for all of you, cheers!

Great news and perhaps some faith restored for some.

Mine was ordered 10 November (Sportline 2.0tdi 200 with not many extras - winter pack, usb-c and towbar),  originally forecast as 9+months (which I was happy with in the circumstances) and then three weeks later build date given as 01/22 but then dropped to 07/22 when I enquired early January (not surprised).

No recent update but potential for April delivery if 7/22 build.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, racer87 said:

Really happy for you but it makes me more angry if I am honest. Ordered mine mid July and current build week 12! 🤬

• Groan 1

Spoke with the dealer again today, poor bloke got my Skoda frustrations full on! It’s not his fault obviously and it is amazing how Skoda have lost sight of customer requirements and relations. I am not asking for a miracle, only a high level explanation of how they currently plan orders. 

2 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Spoke with the dealer again today, poor bloke got my Skoda frustrations full on! It’s not his fault obviously and it is amazing how Skoda have lost sight of customer requirements and relations. I am not asking for a miracle, only a high level explanation of how they currently plan orders. 

Got a strong suspicion money plays a big role too. Sell a specced up SportLine for £40k or sell a vRS with similar kit, so similar cost to build, that starts at £46k?

11 minutes ago, AntD said:

Sell a specced up SportLine for £40k or sell a vRS with similar kit, so similar cost to build, that starts at £46k?

You're really not comparing anything like comparable cars there... try starting with the 2.0l SportLine (from £41k) and add some kit - you'll get a lot close to £46k, but you'll still not get the VRS specific design elements / wheels etc.

And I reckon there is more profit margin on added options than there is on base spec for any variant anyway... if you do a more sensible comparison and spec an SEL to have everything an L&K has (with the same engine), then the SEL will cost you a lot more.

1 minute ago, Yogi-Bear said:

You're really not comparing anything like comparable cars there... try starting with the 2.0l SportLine (from £41k) and add some kit - you'll get a lot close to £46k, but you'll still not get the VRS specific design elements / wheels etc.

And I reckon there is more profit margin on added options than there is on base spec for any variant anyway... if you do a more sensible comparison and spec an SEL to have everything an L&K has (with the same engine), then the SEL will cost you a lot more.

That's true, that's a better comparison. Potentially why a few lower spec (before options) cars have overtaken higher, as well as them requiring fewer semiconductors.

30 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Did you get any explanation as to the unfair order in which these cars are leaving the factory?

Ordered in July.  Chased today to be told I now have an unconfirmed  build week 15 (w/c 11th April 2022) which could change to either sooner or later.  They ignored my question about the order they are being built in. 😐

Edited by Waspattack
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Waspattack said:

Did you get any explanation as to the unfair order in which these cars are leaving the factory?

Ordered in July.  Chased today to be told I now have an unconfirmed  build week 15 (w/c 11th April 2022) which could change to either sooner or later.  They ignored my question about the order they are being built in. 😐

I ordered July also, unconfirmed build week 9. He said they are the same as us, kept in the dark and guessing. Even more frustrated after a 20 minute conversation! 

I ordered a VRS on the 7th of October. I was contacted by the dealer two days ago stating that the following were not available and needed to be removed: Blind Spot, 360 Camera and CANTON. This has been mentioned here by others but finally I got it directly from the dealer (in Poland). He also said on agreeing to the reduced spec the price from order date would stand, private orders take priority over lease/dealer cars and finance also gets prioritised in the queue. I was informed max 6 months from now based on agreeing to the removal of these items. Good luck to everyone waiting. The communication in general from Skoda is shocking.

• Crying 1

The dealers are in the dark as much as we are, so there is no point in demanding any explanations..here they are also some Kodiaqs that were ordered before me and not delivered yet..interesting part is that there is absolutely no pattern which car is produced first, it is like random??

One positive thing of all this is maybe that these days the dealers gets more cars for them every day, so that probably means the production is at highest rate..

You can check it out on www.avto.net

Some specs are sold in a day 🙃

• Like 1

There might well be ordering differences from Country to Country but what never changes is Sales Executives / Sales Staff being prepared to talk total rubbish on Private / Lease / Finance / Cash money-Trading in & factory orders.   

As to delivering to Dealerships as Demonstrators / get cars First Registered that is all part of the VW Group Dark Arts in different regions.

In the UK less than half the cars bought will be by individuals and not many will be getting bought without finance or borrowed money.

Even if just for a few weeks to get the benefits of taking finance and then paying them off.

Many orders from Companies if buying vehicles are a 'Purchase;, and Motability which is the biggest group buyer in the UK buy outright.

The choice of models they have been able to offer from Skoda has been very limited in the past 2 years though.  Skoda are not so desperate them to shift cars.

Edited by roottoot

Noticed there are a few VRS’s appearing pre registered at dealers across the country. Basic VRS’s with out the options but saves the waiting times. Check them out on Autotrader

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kenny R said:

Well, after a 7 month wait, I picked up my Sportline facelift today.

All options present, including Canton, and the electric child locks with the family pack.

6087CDAF-08F3-4D3C-A063-385CB75B3E4B.jpeg

Congrats! Insanely jealous 😬

12 hours ago, Kenny R said:

All options present, including Canton, and the electric child locks with the family pack.

Though the boss says when the car eventually comes I can't put my private reg on it for the first 6 months minimum so it looks brand new for a while 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stumpage2 said:

Here is our New L&K 200TDi which we've had for a few weeks now. Really does feel better in many way then our old Kodiaq, especially with the engine v's our old 190TDi. 

This is with us for now until the correct spec arrives. We ordered a Beige interior but it arrived Black, dealer has been brilliant to be fair, and nice to know we get another new car in 5-6 months.

kodiaq1.jpg

Kodiaq2.jpg

Best photos I’ve ever seen of the red, absolutely gorgeous car 👍🏻

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kenny R said:

That’s quite interesting. Great it’s got all the bits you wanted, but the electric child locks make me think it was part built last year and finished off more recently. Although cars have been appearing with Canton, I don’t believe they’ve had the electric child locks. I’ll confirm when mine arrives soon.