Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

4 hours ago, herbywan said:

Had it 2 weeks now I'm well pleased.

20220510_140657.jpg

Very nice - there's a velvet red sportline up the road from my mums house and I always think it's a great colour!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Part of me still regrets not getting velvet red... looks gorgeous in the sun!

Gorgeous? Ferrari’s are but a Skoda Kodiaq? However It’s nice 👍

3 minutes ago, Spivo said:

Gorgeous? Ferrari’s are but a Skoda Kodiaq? However It’s nice 👍

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but apart from a Range Rover I think the Kodiaq is the nicest looking SUV. It looks mint. 

21 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but apart from a Range Rover I think the Kodiaq is the nicest looking SUV. It looks mint. 

Where I think the Skodiaq trumps a Rangey, especially the new one! And the Evoque... And the Velar...

Edited by AntD
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, AntD said:

Where I think the Skodiaq trumps a Rangey, especially the new one! And the Evoque... And the Velar...

Fair play. The new RR is an acquired taste for sure. 

I should add that the XC40 is also an extremely attractive suv so probably fair to put that in the mix too. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

the XC40 is also an extremely attractive suv

It's... nice enough. Compared to a Kodiaq, it's cramped as anything inside though.

23 minutes ago, graphiteKodiaqRS said:

Standard Kodiaq yes,

Sportline, kind of equal

vRS, definitely no

haha

r line is better than a sportline kodiaq

Tiguan R is better looking than a VRS

• Like 1
  • Groan 2

52 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

haha

r line is better than a sportline kodiaq

Tiguan R is better looking than a VRS

dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

On 11/05/2022 at 13:20, AlienAl said:

🤣 True though

You buy a Kodiaq because it’s practical and works for you not because it’s good to look at 

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

5 minutes ago, Spivo said:

You buy a Kodiaq because it’s practical and works for you not because it’s good to look at 

Why not both?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spivo said:

I really hope if you ever get your Kodiaq you don’t hate is as much as you seem to. At least if one of the many cars you say you’ve ordered turns up first, someone else can jump onto your Kodiaq order and have less of a wait 🤞🏻

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulkpr said:

I really hope if you ever get your Kodiaq you don’t hate is as much as you seem to. At least if one of the many cars you say you’ve ordered turns up first, someone else can jump onto your Kodiaq order and have less of a wait 🤞🏻

I'll take it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In reply to the above comments i love my kodiaq.Ihad the choice of vw or volvo(which every tom **** and harry seems to be driving) or even the range rovers but taking everything into account went for my L&K AND THINK I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Paulkpr said:

Definitely don’t hate it, I ordered one, it just does not get me exited like others seem to be. Photos of Kodiaqs? Really! But each to there own

• Groan 1

Complete nonsense to argue that one car is better looking than another.  Purely subjective and everybody's view is equally good/bad.

Personally, out of all the Tiguan's , the R version is nicer.

However, I still prefer the Kodiaq to the vast number, if not all the SUV's out there.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xspartx said:

Complete nonsense to argue that one car is better looking than another.  Purely subjective and everybody's view is equally good/bad.

Personally, out of all the Tiguan's , the R version is nicer.

However, I still prefer the Kodiaq to the vast number, if not all the SUV's out there.

Just my opinion.

Yeah I didn’t mean to spark it off as I pointed out it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

I think Matt Watson says it best when he describes the Kodiaq as a ‘desirable car’ and the first one Skoda have made. Whatever anyone thinks about it, it’s not a functional workhorse like say the Octavia, it’s definitely got style and I’d say more style than the Kamiq or Karoq in their respective classes. It’s partly because large SUVs tend to look a bit dull or a bit odd and stretched and somehow the kodiaq has managed to avoid that through being not quite as large but retaining the dominant profile on the road.

I personally don’t think there is much that looks as cool as the kodiaq in the class. Though I do like the look of SUVs generally so I’m definitely not a hip motorist.

I'd held off updating not to tempt fate last two weeks. Back then i checked with my dealer as i do every monday and we had our build week moved from week 39 to week 19! i checked every day last week (19) and it got to friday with it still at stage 20 not 30 so thought i would be screwed again. They build all week and it takes one day so dealer said could happen sat or sun. I checked this morning and its been built! i had feared as last year we had a confirmed build week in nov it got to that week it finsihed but the car never went into build to which skoda wouldnt say why and the order got taken off all together. I handed my lease car back two weeks also so this has come as great news. 

Those who havent been as lucky as me (i've still suffered more than most) keep pestering. I pestered and explained to my dealer my lease situation and other factors so he spoke to skoda uk and asked for a priority next available build week which seemed to work.

• Love it! 1