Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

3 minutes ago, Spivo said:

My dealer should at least drop me a line, even just to say “sorry, no news”. Not good enough really.

Agreed. Your dealer should provide regular updates if you ask for them (possibly even if you don't). Mine hasn't exactly been brilliant in that regard, but in all fairness I did say right at the beginning just to let me know when anything happened. Of course, it's entirely possible that the dealership network aren't being kept fully up to date with what's going on by Skoda UK, who themselves may not be getting all the information from the factories / Skoda corporate. There are many links in the chain, and the fact that it (mostly) works under normal circumstances is impressive enough.

As for a contingency plan or road to recovery - I'm pretty sure Skoda do have one that covers a whole host of things. Worldwide pandemic combined with industry-wide microchip shortage probably wasn't one of them, but you can bet it will be now. And they do have a plan... stop starting new cars and finish the ones that are already started. Push everything else back. It's not great, but it's about the only thing they can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spivo said:

The high cost I am referring to is in relation to receiving regular feedback, it’s all I want and deserve.

Why do you want regular feedback? What difference does it make to you if a dealer says "I'll contact you when we have an update" or says " I'll contact you every week with a status report"?

It won't make the car arrive any sooner, you won't have any more details, you won't know the expected delivery date any time sooner, so what's the point of regular feedback?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

so what's the point of regular feedback?

Whilst I agree with you, I can see that it makes some people feel a little more warm and fuzzy and like they're getting acceptable service from the dealer - haven't been forgotten, if you like.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Whilst I agree with you, I can see that it makes some people feel a little more warm and fuzzy and like they're getting acceptable service from the dealer - haven't been forgotten, if you like.

They want cuddles? Aw.

You're not wrong, it has nothing to do with actually receiving news. They only use this forum as a replacement for a dummy tit.

• Groan 1

@kodiaqsportlineThere are Dealerships and dealerships with staff that easily keep customers up to date with all they know.

These can be big or small dealerships with Owners, Managers or sales staff that give a damn and are not just after sales, orders and deliveries but value the customers that ultimately mean they earn a living.

Skoda Customer Services can keep updates easily accessed as well.  Some get that service, some do not. 

• Like 1

I was told “it should be back next week”. 

My actual hope is that I get the car this side of Christmas, We have already missed a few key events that having a new family SUV would have been useful for. The Skoda factory is apparently shutdown for one more week to try and work through the backlog, so I am ever hopeful. 

Edited by Seymansey
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Seymansey said:

I was told “it should be back next week”. 

My actual hope is that I get the car this side of Christmas, We have already missed a few key events that having a new family SUV would have been useful for. The Skoda factory is apparently shutdown for one more week to try and work through the backlog, so I am ever hopeful. 

And it seems Skoda is asking to produce ordered models with less options. Differs from model to model.  😕 Have not had the question myself tho.

On 23/10/2021 at 09:46, kodiaqsportline said:

They want cuddles? Aw.

You're not wrong, it has nothing to do with actually receiving news. They only use this forum as a replacement for a dummy tit.

On 23/10/2021 at 09:46, kodiaqsportline said:

I understand why you think this way as your likely one of those who is easy going and can apply logic in these circumstances. However, whilst this royally screws my Lease up which is ending. Its my OCD and we're not talking cleaning. I have to know what the days plan is bit by bit (inc things like dinner) which if they change i struggle to cope with. Not knowing this is driving me crazy.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2021 at 15:08, Yogi-Bear said:

It's in Grimsby...!

If all goes to plan... at the dealer tomorrow and in my hands first thing on Wednesday morning 😃.

And I even managed to renegotiate the p/x on the current Kodiaq (by roughly another 10%!). Used prices are absolutely mad at the moment.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 22:20, kodiaqsportline said:

Why do you want regular feedback? What difference does it make to you if a dealer says "I'll contact you when we have an update" or says " I'll contact you every week with a status report"?

It won't make the car arrive any sooner, you won't have any more details, you won't know the expected delivery date any time sooner, so what's the point of regular feedback?

Hadn’t thought of that, thanks! I thought if I said that it would arrive much quicker.

I actually think it’s good customer service and any news at this point may have an influence on my next move.

Latest chat with Skoda online today:

"I would love to be able to provide you with an order update, but order updates are now being provided via our Retailers, who are having the latest order information sent to them directly from the Factory Teams"

Get the impression the combination of building unfinished cars and not having a reliable parts supply means the order-tracker can't provide accurate information anymore. 

22 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

For those still waiting…

https://apple.news/AKb6cri69SN2DYm5Uj74IGQ

Production restarting tonight on “most of Škoda Auto’s production lines”.

There are still a chunk of cars bunkered at HRADEC KRALOVE AIRPORT according to the webcam, though no idea how representative that is of Skoda as a whole?  The two week shutdown doesn't appear to have had much overall impact there.  Good news though, which is somewaht hard to come by these days. 

now we have to go to the dealers anyone else got an update? i always used skoda chat but now we cant went to my dealer to be told where i had a unconfirmed build week for quite some time my order is now saying error and no build slot at all

9 hours ago, AlienAl said:

now we have to go to the dealers anyone else got an update? i always used skoda chat but now we cant went to my dealer to be told where i had a unconfirmed build week for quite some time my order is now saying error and no build slot at all

For me there as of yet still no information at all. Still wishing a built this year honestly.