Electric windows not working

The windows played up the weekend removing fuses and the connectors by door made no difference.

But soon as I unplugged from the module several times it re started so this module has a problem somewhere.

20211107_115925.jpg

21 minutes ago, Kelly_Heroes said:

The windows played up the weekend removing fuses and the connectors by door made no difference.

But soon as I unplugged from the module several times it re started so this module has a problem somewhere.

20211107_115925.jpg

AFAIK, @Wino does repairs on these. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old post but your symptoms are similar to mine, did it happens after a battery change or anything?

I smashed the **** out of my sump on a country road in Oxfordshire on Xmas eve and only just got the parts in yesterday. When I put it all back together the battery was dead, I had to jump start the girl. Now my windows don't work but everything else is mint 😂 I had them faulty last summer and fixed then with a broken cable and fuse 11 but now everything I checked is mint 😂

@Xhuy10nx have you tried resynchronising the windows as per the Owners Manual and fully recharged the battery rather than just a fast or quick charge or just driving the car to sort the battery.

njnjnn.jpg.2e35b93f997f5d0557a5b91869ab1a49.jpg

Cheers for that, now I know my door switch isn't working too 😂😂😂 I presume I must have an additional split cable or fuse I need to check. Back to the drawing board but thanks anyway 😂

• Crying 1

If both of the windows don't open when the key is held in the unlock position (with door previously shut and locked) I'd say you may well need a repair to the driver's side motor module. Pop round with door card off and try a known good one 🙂

I fixed the window problem I must of forgot to post back on here.

I checked the loom in front of the gearbox there was 1 or 2 wires broken frayed against the gearbox. So I cut the wires and re joined with a wiring block then insulation tape over it. I then had spare pipe insulation for copper pipes on a house. I cut a small piece of this and put it around the connection to keep it cover more and to stop it rubbing against the gear box.

This fixed the window problems and it also solved the charging problem now charges at 14.5v it used to jump about before.

It' been 5 months and the charging and windows work fine now.

Thanks for the help all down to these small wires in front of the gearbox.

• 1 year later...