Engine stops during start with DSG gearbox

On 13/12/2019 at 08:00, laimuxx said:

Hello, 

I have really strange issue with my superb (MY2016) dsg 2.0tdi 110kw crlb. 

During past moth it became more and more frequent. 

So, I start my car engine in the morning, turn off start/stop, start driving until the first intersection (approx. 100-200 meters), stop on it and here the show starts: when i release brake pedal and try to move from standstill, engine suddundly stops and pops up message on dash "move lever to P and start engine manually)! Like with a manual gearbox if you release clutch too fast without applying accelerator enough. 

Until this, i though its even impossible with auto transmision to stop engine moving from standstill.

I scaned several times with vcds for errors without luck, its clear. And it happens only at very beggining of the day, later this does not happens anymore until next morning. 

Does anybody have any ideas why this happens?

i have the same problem with octavia 3, did you solve the problem

On 07/07/2021 at 12:33, Warkman said:

Try not turning off Stop Start 

start stop is always on..the problem is still the same, when moving not every time the engine shuts down

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2021 at 22:35, Klario said:

i have the same problem with octavia 3, did you solve the problem

Same car & same thing here. MIne is a DSG and IMHO this combo does not work very well (for me).

I've had no problems in the past with 2 previous Manual Octavia 3s and a Manual Superb 2, also, but with the DSG, Stop/Start makes me feel like a learner all over again.

The amount of times I've gone to pull away rapidly at a roundabout... Cue the hilarious restart sequence :devil:

OBD11 or VCDS coming my way soon to shut it up for good!

17 minutes ago, GordoGT said:

Same car & same thing here. MIne is a DSG and IMHO this combo does not work very well (for me).

I've had no problems in the past with 2 previous Manual Octavia 3s and a Manual Superb 2, also, but with the DSG, Stop/Start makes me feel like a learner all over again.

The amount of times I've gone to pull away rapidly at a roundabout... Cue the hilarious restart sequence :devil:

OBD11 or VCDS coming my way soon to shut it up for good!

the vehicle is under warranty, the service does not know what it is about..I recorded a video where the extinguishing can be seen, they sent an inquiry to the factory and now I am waiting..there is no mistake with the diagnosis?

i have a problem with octavia 3, 1.6 tdi dsg 7.

Occasionally it happens when starting the engine the vehicle shuts down and then I have to start it manually by turning the dsg gearbox from d to P and turn the vehicle off again with the key and start.  a couple of times it happened in traffic and it wasn't very pleasant because the process of starting the vehicle is going on.

I consider this a skoda safety problem.

the vehicle is under warranty, the service performed a diagnostic test that did not show an error.

the only mistake was the valve air conditioning motor that controls the air flow plus the potentiometer..service claims that this is not the cause of the vehicle shutting down (make a replacement).

the basic adjustment of the dsg gearbox was performed again last week and the cause of the shutdown remained the same.

I have seen a lot of vehicles on the forum with the same problem so please help and advice

• 1 year later...

Hi,

has this been sorted or diagnosed at all by Skoda?

Although this last post was regarding a Octavia and not a Superb they share a lot of the same engines and DSG gearboxes.

I today had this same error in my 2020 Octavia 7 DSG. Came to pickup ticket from car park, barrier rises and the car has cut out? Weird!

Last time it did this a lot was a warranty issue with a Yellow engine light. That was a ‘Cam Sensor’ which was replaced under warranty. That would make sense as the engine didn’t know what position the cam was in on the engine and so randomly shuts the car down when stopping at petrol stations or pulling up on my drive way. 

As I say this was fixed and has been fine for around 9-12 months. May not be linked again. No warning lights this time - Yet.

If anyone knows why either a Skoda Octavia or Superb DSG do this randomly then and the main dealer has fixed this please reply. It’s saves the main dealer a lot of time searching for intermittent issues and is owners less headache.

cheers All. 😳😃😎👍🚗

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

Only weird if Stop / Start was switched off and with you in D and foot on brake the engine stopped.   

?

Do you have Stop / Start switched off? 

not sure. Only happened once at car park entrance. Will monitor it. If it keeps happening more I will take it in under warranty. 

wanted to know if others had had theirs fixed and if so what the issue is.

cheers

• 4 months later...