OE Door speaker replacement

Hi

The speaker in the passenger front door of my 2017 Octavia SE is buzzing and distorting. I've had no luck researching a direct replacement. I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to source one. Size/wattage/make, and where I can find one? 

LOVE my music, so this is a huge fly in my ointment. 

Thanks in advance 

T

The speakers are only 10W RMS units for Bolaro and Amunsden unit.  If pushed, the speakers are not that robust.

Recommendations are:  If you have an Bolaro or Amunsden (with Nav), then enable Skoda Surround.  This will make a massive difference.  Get a firmware update for your MIB unit too if you haven't already done this (as sound is very thin on non-patched firmware cars). 

As for speakers, I would go for 20W door speakers.

There is a thread here:

13 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

The speakers are only 10W RMS units for Bolaro and Amunsden unit.  If pushed, the speakers are not that robust.

Recommendations are:  If you have an Bolaro or Amunsden (with Nav), then enable Skoda Surround.  This will make a massive difference.  Get a firmware update for your MIB unit too if you haven't already done this (as sound is very thin on non-patched firmware cars). 

There is a thread here:

Does the skoda surround need vcds to enable it ,and does a firmware update make a notable difference ,cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/08/2021 at 22:21, varaderoguy said:

There is a thread here:

Thanks @varaderoguybig, big improvement for me in my ‘17 Scout but still not as good as my old MK 2 Scout so I shall be looking at changing out the speakers too. Also, a big thanks to @pab567 for the firmware update file. Two top people on a top forum. 👍

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having this problem too, on a 2017 Octavia Estate. As far as I can tell I've got Amundsen, but I can't find any option to enable Skoda Surround - it also tells me that my firmware is up to date (although at the same time Skoda Connect won't let me finish activation... 😕 - can you tell me where to find the option for Skoda Surround, please?

I'm pretty sure the driver's door speaker is actually blown, it's making horrible raspy noises even at low volumes, so I'm also looking at physically replacing the speaker.

On 02/08/2021 at 22:21, varaderoguy said:

There is a thread here: