Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

11 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

German site is reporting 5months wait for Karoq

plus bit longer for certain specs

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

I was quoted 5 months when I ordered last summer (ordered 30 July, est. handover 31 December) so that's not too bad. My car still hasn't been built, but will hopefully be on the way by the end of this month.

I am in Melbourne Australia. I ordered my new Karoq Sportline 6 months ago, but so far have no updates at all. The Skoda order tracker just says "Contact your Dealer", but the dealer does not seem to care. I suspect they would not care if the order was cancelled, as they could almost sell it to someone else for much more than was agreed on my contract. I would love to hear from other recent Australian buyers as to how long they were kept waiting.

• Like 1

After trying several times to contact Skoda Australia "Customer Care", I gave up when none of my calls was ever returned, even after two weeks. I decided to do my own research and find out the names of some key management at Skoda Australia. After sending an email to the National Sales Manager, I received a reply the very next day. At least that was a start. He told me that my car was "possibly due for building next week". I will wait with baited breath for new updates and let you know when my vehicle finally arrives.

• Like 2

Yesterday I received an email saying my car was "definitely scheduled for production this week". That sounds promising. It's been over 6 months since I placed the order, so I wonder how long it will now take to get to my garage.

3 hours ago, DennisD said:

Yesterday I received an email saying my car was "definitely scheduled for production this week". That sounds promising. It's been over 6 months since I placed the order, so I wonder how long it will now take to get to my garage.

I've been quoted 7 months waiting time for a Karoq

2 hours ago, Keithjock said:

I've been quoted 7 months waiting time for a Karoq

That is probably a good estimate to when the car will be made, but probably does not allow for the time for delivery. I ordered mine 7 months ago and have been told that it is due to be built this week. Then I have to wait for it to travel half way round the world to Melbourne.

4 hours ago, DennisD said:

That is probably a good estimate to when the car will be made, but probably does not allow for the time for delivery. I ordered mine 7 months ago and have been told that it is due to be built this week. Then I have to wait for it to travel half way round the world to Melbourne.

Do you get Skoda in Australia? Never heard John Cadogan mention this brand.

5 hours ago, agedbriar said:

Yes of course we have Skoda in Australia. The yearly sales figures are growing rapidly. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, agedbriar said:

As others have said yes we certainly do get Skodas here. John doesn't mention them because of the disdain he has for VW and the diesel gate saga, and he has mentioned on several stories about the poor customer service/build quality etc.

I received another email from the National Sales Manager today. It said that it would normally take 10 weeks for a vehicle to travel from the production line to the dealer in Australia. If that is true, it will make the total time from order to delivery to around 9 and a half months.  

19 hours ago, Keithjock said:

Had an email from from Skoda Connect ....my order has been accepted. The journey has started! 😄🤔

When did you order?  I placed my order on 23rd, so was wondering when I might receive a similar email.

I ordered a Sportline 1.5 Tsi DSG in Graphite Grey, with ACC, temporary steel space saver spare wheel - 215/60 R16, and Winter Package Plus.

• Like 1

On 07/02/2022 at 18:26, RapidPaul said:

I was quoted 5 months when I ordered last summer (ordered 30 July, est. handover 31 December) so that's not too bad. My car still hasn't been built, but will hopefully be on the way by the end of this month.

Update: I called the dealer on Friday to check progress as my car was supposed to be built this week. Result: no change to status, car not showing as built. I was told not to worry as the car could still be built over the weekend. Had a call this morning, the car is apparently now at the exit port and released to go on the ship. I can't understand how all that has happened  in 48 hours - more likely there was a delay in the system being updated. Still, 7 months after I ordered it, it seems my car exists and is on the way. I just have to hope the ship isn't ultimately owned by a Russian pension fund or anything! 😆

I got an update today from my dealer. He is now telling me that delivery will be 15th July 2022. That is almost twelve months since I placed the original order. It is unclear whether the vehicle has actually been built yet. It is just as well I already have a reliable car.

• Crying 1

So I took the plunge and ordered another Karoq 1.5Tsi SE L   DSG  in Phoenix Orange with Winter Package plus to get the heated windscreen (heated rear seats not required but never mind) solid spare wheel and 5 year warranty.

I saw Phoenix Orange on a Fabia this morning, a new car order than is going out later today. Its a colour you have to see - pics I took with my phone are not representative, as I think the phone brightened the colours on a dismal day. I would say It's more of a rich light copper colour as opposed to orange.

I was told the car should be delivered about June time. But this was just a guide. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 19:37, RapidPaul said:

Update: I called the dealer on Friday to check progress as my car was supposed to be built this week. Result: no change to status, car not showing as built. I was told not to worry as the car could still be built over the weekend. Had a call this morning, the car is apparently now at the exit port and released to go on the ship. I can't understand how all that has happened  in 48 hours - more likely there was a delay in the system being updated. Still, 7 months after I ordered it, it seems my car exists and is on the way. I just have to hope the ship isn't ultimately owned by a Russian pension fund or anything! 😆

Latest update: my car arrived at the port in the UK (Grimsby) on Monday evening and has been assigned a registration number by the dealer. If it helps anyone else waiting for their car, that means it has taken around 8 days from arrival at Emden to arrival at Grimsby.

The dealer says it should arrive at the dealership within a few days and presumably they will need about a week for the PDI, depending on what else is going on. Transport from the factory to the UK has been quicker than I anticipated. Perhaps that's down to the slowdown in production meaning there are fewer cars coming through and so they aren't sitting around at the docks.

9 hours ago, RapidPaul said:

Latest update: my car arrived at the port in the UK (Grimsby) on Monday evening and has been assigned a registration number by the dealer. If it helps anyone else waiting for their car, that means it has taken around 8 days from arrival at Emden to arrival at Grimsby.

The dealer says it should arrive at the dealership within a few days and presumably they will need about a week for the PDI, depending on what else is going on. Transport from the factory to the UK has been quicker than I anticipated. Perhaps that's down to the slowdown in production meaning there are fewer cars coming through and so they aren't sitting around at the docks.

It sounds like your long wait is nearly over. It is looking like my wait will be close to a year since I placed the original order. It is getting hard to remember what the car actually looks like.

My wife ordered her new Karoq on 17 February 2022, the first day for Karoq facelift orders to replace her nearly 4 year old model 

Her PCP is up in June and we wanted to get a decent lead time on the order, but the dealer was quoting 8-10 months.

Wife got a call to say build date is agreed and her car will be delivered in three -four weeks!

Its a standard SE L. She ordered in brilliant silver and then changed her mind and went for graphite grey. 

Dealer came back to say the car was too far along now to change the colour and it would require a new order, putting her at the back of the queue.

She has stuck with silver.

The residuals on her Karoq were so high it was a good deal.

I was sufficiently tempted by high residuals at the moment that I'm ordering a new Superb now, even though I've another year to run on my PCP.

Dealer is anticipating a long lead time for that delivery - possibly up to a year. 😟

4 hours ago, Ashmount said:

My wife ordered her new Karoq on 17 February 2022, the first day for Karoq facelift orders to replace her nearly 4 year old model 

Her PCP is up in June and we wanted to get a decent lead time on the order, but the dealer was quoting 8-10 months.

Wife got a call to say build date is agreed and her car will be delivered in three -four weeks!

Its a standard SE L. She ordered in brilliant silver and then changed her mind and went for graphite grey. 

Dealer came back to say the car was too far along now to change the colour and it would require a new order, putting her at the back of the queue.

I was sufficiently tempted by high residuals at the moment that I'm ordering a new Superb now, even though I've another year to run on my PCP.

Dealer is anticipating a long lead time for that delivery - possibly up to a year. 😟

That seems an incredibly short time for delivery. I ordered my Karoq Sportline in August 2021 and apparently it is not expected till July 2022 - 11 months from date of order. I have to admit feeling a little jealous.

15 hours ago, Ashmount said:

That's incredibly quick.  I wonder if it's because it's a standard spec.