Disable wireless charger?

Have it also not worth the extra €300 which I paid for it output barely charges my phone. Not sure if you can disable there might be a fuse you can pull if it is on its own circuit but I get get notifications that is on charge through the infotainment

Yeah well generally wireless chargers are slow, make heat and well.. for me are useless.

I think it would not notify the infotaiment, since i believe it gets the information from the charging current.

If someone knows more, i'd like to know.

The space is indeed useful for a phone. Rather than disable it, perhaps add a dark cloth and place the phone at an angle so it doesn’t charge.

That way, if you do need to charge your phone it’s there ready. 

When I use mine (a third party charging pad I got from Amazon), it shows in CarPlay, not noticed it in the native Infotainment screens.

4 minutes ago, timster said:

How does cloth block wireless charging? :) Anyway, i like the grippi platform for phone. Dont want to cover it.

I was thinking of a folder duster or something like that. With the phone at an angle the inductive charging would work even though it is on. Phone shouldn’t slide around and a dark cloth wouldn’t be noticeable.

1 hour ago, timster said:

Ah you ment like a cloth folded so it lifts the phone off from charging range?

Mm might thing about that even.

Yep, that's it. Sorry, I could have been clearer in my earlier post.

• 1 year later...

Hello guys, found the solving for that wireless charger.

Under that rubber tray,  who moves away very easy,  see the induction box &  usbc's coverages.

You will see some holes near the speed's changer joystick. I've manageg to stick something like a hook inside and pop all the plastic sistem out quite easy. 

Under that you find four cables,  two for usb's and two for induction. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 2

My car (not an Octavia 4) has wireless charging, hate it as makes phone hot.

I use the low tech solution of two packets of polo mints in bottom of tray and phone sits on top, no more hot phone

14 hours ago, CiprianAT said:

Hello guys, found the solving for that wireless charger.

Under that rubber tray,  who moves away very easy,  see the induction box &  usbc's coverages.

You will see some holes near the speed's changer joystick. I've manageg to stick something like a hook inside and pop all the plastic sistem out quite easy. 

Under that you find four cables,  two for usb's and two for induction. 

Enjoy. 

Do you have any pictures of 'what' you found etc?

• 5 months later...

Just had wireless charger disconnected in my octavia. I've tried it with several Samsung and apple phones and they were always overheating, plus constant annoyance on the display with the pop-up messages "Charging started..." & "Charging stopped...".

Here are a couple of pictures how the charger looks. I unplugged the flat connector on the right. Really easy to take the assembly out, just pull it up, no screws.

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0189.jpeg

i imagine you could sell that for a sum. Skoda charge a lot for them when new. 

I bought a homemade but custom fit one from somebody on this form, so far so good, it will benefit from some anti slip mat, but they’re on ebay if you want to replace yours

Edited by Benjybobs

8 hours ago, Benjybobs said:

i imagine you could sell that for a sum. Skoda charge a lot for them when new. 

I bought a homemade but custom fit one from somebody on this form, so far so good, it will benefit from some anti slip mat, but they’re on ebay if you want to replace yours

I bought one of those too, very good and I highly recommend it. Unfortunately it's now redundant as my new phone is too long to fit in the space so I'll have to come up with an alternative!

8 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I hope that a Galaxy s22 ultra fits in there, otherwise it's going to be an expensive mistake.

Don't think it will. Mine is an S22 Ultra and didn't, and although it is in a hard case because I'm clumsy it makes only a minimal difference to overall length 😞

1 hour ago, Tried5UserNames said:

Don't think it will. Mine is an S22 Ultra and didn't, and although it is in a hard case because I'm clumsy it makes only a minimal difference to overall length 😞

Oh great so how am I going to charge my phone then? There's no lighter socket!

23 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I hope that a Galaxy s22 ultra fits in there, otherwise it's going to be an expensive mistake.

Are U guys talking about the factory fitted wireless charger, or the aftermarket one that is connected to the USB-C of the car?
On the stock (factory) charger there's no problem with the size of the S22 Ultra. I used one for a while but reverted to an S21 Ultra (I couldn't stand the sharp corners of the S22 and S23 design). Anyway, they both comfortably fit inside the charging space with some room to spare - the phone will even move from side to side if one goes a bit faster on a curvy road. 

FYI, for longer trips I'm only using the cable charging - this way the phone stays cold; with the wireless charging it gets really hot, plus the fact that it's starting and stopping charging depending on how it moves inside that space, and you get those messages that @lost_npc mentioned...

13 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Oh great so how am I going to charge my phone then? There's no lighter socket!

2xUSB-C ports in front, 2xUSB-C ports for the rear passengers...
In case you need a 12V for other purposes (as I did) you might also use an adapter connected tot the 12V socket in the trunk of the car. Not ideal, but that's in case you don't want to connect directly into the fuse box inside the car.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SkOmk4 said:

Are U guys talking about the factory fitted wireless charger, or the aftermarket one that is connected to the USB-C of the car?
On the stock (factory) charger there's no problem with the size of the S22 Ultra. I used one for a while but reverted to an S21 Ultra (I couldn't stand the sharp corners of the S22 and S23 design). Anyway, they both comfortably fit inside the charging space with some room to spare - the phone will even move from side to side if one goes a bit faster on a curvy road. 

FYI, for longer trips I'm only using the cable charging - this way the phone stays cold; with the wireless charging it gets really hot, plus the fact that it's starting and stopping charging depending on how it moves inside that space, and you get those messages that @lost_npc mentioned...

2xUSB-C ports in front, 2xUSB-C ports for the rear passengers...
In case you need a 12V for other purposes (as I did) you might also use an adapter connected tot the 12V socket in the trunk of the car. Not ideal, but that's in case you don't want to connect directly into the fuse box inside the car.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease, still worried about this car, whether there's going to be too much tech for me to deal with and what faults it's going to chuck up from day 1. 

I'm questioning whether I've done the right thing or not. Too late now it's here at the dealer. 

On 21/08/2022 at 10:15, TheUltraRunner said:

What I use lately is that I put my phone in the tray with the screen facing down. This way wireless charging is not triggered. 😁

A very British solution - one that is perfectly acceptable and ultimately, a great solution as it avoids being disturbed by the light on the screen at night. 

Absolutely first-class sir 👍

30 minutes ago, wardth said:

A very British solution - one that is perfectly acceptable and ultimately, a great solution as it avoids being disturbed by the light on the screen at night. 

Absolutely first-class sir 👍

Is this a joke? 😁 Maybe I don't quite get it since I'm not British? 😂

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/02/2023 at 04:45, lost_npc said:

Just had wireless charger disconnected in my octavia. I've tried it with several Samsung and apple phones and they were always overheating, plus constant annoyance on the display with the pop-up messages "Charging started..." & "Charging stopped...".

Here are a couple of pictures how the charger looks. I unplugged the flat connector on the right. Really easy to take the assembly out, just pull it up, no screws.

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0189.jpeg

Very useful info, this charger is useless, heats the phone up too much which then switches itself off from charging ( i guess to protect the phone) and in my experience the phone actually starts to discharge! So i will be looking to remove and the n use the old fashioned method of plugging in the phone to USB. I'm quite cheesed off actually as the wireless charger was a cost option for me 😡