Columbus Map updates

Finally. After a few false starts: Success!! I have copied just two files and text into the root directory without file name as you suggested. Immediately, the message was about update available and reading data for ........ 30min. No result. Then I inserted the card after Columbus started to look for the data and all of the sudden, (I was not even breathing) there was an update and I was able to run it.

Thank you very much for this. There is no info on the web or anywhere else that there has to be only Mib1, Mib2 files and txt on the card. My sanity saved. For sure, I will be wondering next year what I have to do to make it work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine only took about 45 minutes and went smoothly once I managed to download it. My internet kept dropping out before the full file was downloaded - I used a download manager in the end and that worked fine. Very happy with the update.

• 5 weeks later...

I am curious if it is worth the trouble to update. Do you know what is the difference between ECE 2021/2022 and ECE 2022. On the Skoda server seems to be two identical files to download. Not very well done. At least those maps above should have been coloured specifically to which countries the update applies.

Is anyone else having issues with the 2022 map update for Columbus? I downloaded it to my computer but when trying to copy to USB stick it gave an error saying "unsupported compression method".

My car was still running the 2021 map so I tried upgrading to the 2021/2022 version instead and that has worked fine.

12 hours ago, Superbio said:

Is anyone else having issues with the 2022 map update for Columbus? I downloaded it to my computer but when trying to copy to USB stick it gave an error saying "unsupported compression method".

My car was still running the 2021 map so I tried upgrading to the 2021/2022 version instead and that has worked fine.

You have to decompress or Unzip on your computer and copy the files onto your USB stick.

4 hours ago, MartiniB said:

Thank you @MartiniB. I was using 7Zip yesterday but have just tried again using BreeZip and it seems to have worked well. Not attempted to install to the car yet but have successfully copied it onto the USB stick now, so hopefully will work as normal from here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronhagley said:

You have to decompress or Unzip on your computer and copy the files onto your USB stick.

Thank you @ronhagley. That is what I was trying to do and it worked fine for the 2021/2022 version but gave me errors when copying the unzipped files to the USB stick for the 2022 version.

I have now resolved it by using BreeZip rather then 7Zip for unzipping the downloaded files. It was a free download from the Microsoft App Store, so I recommend trying this for anyone else who may be having similar problems.

• 2 years later...