Seat Navi Plus (Mib2H),
VW Discover Pro (Mib2H),
Audi MMI Navigation Plus (Mib2H)

RUAqN3jHFDp6cBNC_ioJU7hm-Vo-960.jpg

qlTxVqBla_tCcUGP6pdUa6D8WHM-960.jpg

# ECE 2022        26.5 GB
Version:    V03.959.810.C 195 ECE 2022
DevVersion:    P195_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_Q1.21
 VW portal:   https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P195_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT.7z

VW portal:   https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P195_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT.7z

Files inside:    2021.04.22
Downloadable:    2021.10.29
Published:    2021.--.--
 Škoda portal:   https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P195_EU_202145.zip

Files inside:    2021.04.22
Downloadable:    2021.10.21
Published:    2021.10.22
Seat portal:  - -

Downloadable:    2021.--.--

# Rest of World 2022    25.1 GB
Version:    V03.959.810.CD 0099 ROW 2022
DevVersion:  P99_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT_Q1.21
 VW portal:    https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P99_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z

VW portal:    https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P99_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z
Files inside:    2021.06.09
Downloadable:    2021.10.29
 Škoda portal:   https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P99_ROW_202145.zip

Files inside:    2021.06.09
Downloadable:    2021.10.21
Published:    2021.10.22

======= coverage =======
# EU
Albania*, Andorra, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo*, Latvia*, Liechtenstein, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova*, Monaco, Montenegro*, Netherlands, Northern Macedonia*, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania*, Russia*, San Marino, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia*, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey*, Ukraine*, Vatican City
* partially

BAlmGE-iKgWSLnDjljWmbPoWFAU-1920.jpg

# ROW
Argentina*, Australia, Bahrain, Botswana*, Brazil*, Brunei*, Chile*, Indonesia*, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lesotho*, Malaysia, Mexico*, Mozambique*, Namibia*, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines*, Qatar, Reunion*, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Swaziland*, Thailand*, Turkey*, United Arab Emirates
* partially
b-C5PeJBQ3Wehv_km57WMX_HF4c-1920.jpg

======= instruction =======

1. download 7z/zip archive from direct link

2. extract content to SD Card or USB

3. insert memory device into slot of Columbus

4. start of update usually is offered automatically, manually can be found under Navi-> Settings

!!! note for MAC users

On 29/07/2018 at 20:55, ZaphodB said:

Macs are a bit more problematic as they put some 'hidden' files on the card which confuses the head unit

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/452002-direct-download-links-for-ece-20182019-maps/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-5095042

couple of potential questions are answered in previous posts:

Columbus Maps 2021/2022

Columbus Maps 2021

Columbus Maps 2020/2021

Columbus Maps 2020

_GAAAgMcr-A-1920.jpg

Edited by MartiniB
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, freelunch said:

Thanks, @MartiniB for the link. I just paid a visit to the Škoda website and saw a warning that 32Gb SD cards may be too small now and to use a 64Gb card. Still downloading, so I don't know if that is the case with this update.

We'll find out. I have a 64gb card ready 😉.

37 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

Škoda's portal https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-US

stopped offer any maps for my VIN(2016.02), lifetime has been ended 😞

Mib2 high assume or mib1 high. Does the link work for you ?.

I though all Skoda mib2 highs got set with a lifetime FeC. That's the one I've got in my Seat as well for last time round thanks to the "mib collective" so it reads either the Seat life time one or the Skoda one. Whatever is presented.

May be early mib2 highs from Skoda didn't get life time FeCs but reduced ones ?.

Ditto. Some people swear by one of the Firefox file managers so will try that... apparently you keep tapping continue everytime it stops or the small hours ($). Skoda servers are rubbish.

($) how they get mib2 firmware off creaking servers 🙄...

2 hours ago, freelunch said:

I keep losing the network connection at about 18Gb. (Three attempts so far.)

On 10/06/2021 at 15:49, MartiniB said:

for unfinished files i can suggest option 'Resume' in Total Commander (Win)
or option '-c' for wget command (Linux)

After three unsuccessful attempts, I got a warning that the download file was unavailable. I went to Škoda's update portal and their page had changed. You can now download directly from the UK website using your VIN number. Mind, my download still has eight minutes left to go...

• Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, freelunch said:

@MartiniB I see the link above is the same one I used. The download was successful this time – P195 EU. The portal recognised my VIN (2016.11), so I guess that's my last one? Anyway, thanks for your usual diligence! 👍

1 hour ago, MartiniB said:

Turbo download manager in Firefox is what the youngsters use and keep hitting continue.... how they get firmware downs.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/turbo-download-manager/

Anyhow is that website based portal any faster / reliable ?. I have a VIN 😉.

(Still it's a Friday afternoon so Germans will be on their autobahn's heading to weekend destinations so might speed up)

2 hours ago, Tell said:

Anyhow is that website based portal any faster / reliable ?. I have a VIN 😉.

No. The Škoda portal ran at a steady 9.2 mb/s and took almost an hour. Heck, it took almost that long for the file to open on my desktop, then the same again to move the files to my 32 Gb SD card.

After all that, I'm probably not driving to Europe anytime soon, and certainly not to Russia, which took most of the unzipping time.

2 hours ago, freelunch said:

@MartiniB I see the link above is the same one I used. The download was successful this time – P195 EU. The portal recognised my VIN (2016.11), so I guess that's my last one? Anyway, thanks for your usual diligence! 👍

Yep I've got it also now that the autobahs are busy in Germany and they are off their downloads....

That answers my question that it's all the same link.

I kept the Turbo Download Manager in Firefox add on open during the download which I think helps, didn't need to hit continue during the download.

Some strange things going on unpacking the zip file. Will let you know the success tomorrow. 7Zip game, an error to most of the directories, ditto Winrar. Used the inbuilt Filemanager of Windows 11 to do the unzipping. Well it didn't give any errors unlike the other trusty two. Unpacked I get it to 29.1 GB (31,259,107,328 bytes) on the disk or size 29.1 GB (31,256,300,045 bytes) under properties, should fit on a 32gb Fat32 formatted SD I have with space spare. Will know tomorrow where any random bits and bytes got in when put in the car since it does a full signature validation. Odd that 7zip and Winrar didn't like the file.

4 minutes ago, Tell said:

Some strange things going on unpacking the zip file

Mib2H zip i were able extract by built function of Total Commander 7.55

but Mib2 zip failed that way and i had to use WinRAR 6.1

• Love it! 1

3 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

Mib2H zip i were able extract by built function of Total Commander 7.55

but Mib2 zip failed that way and i had to use WinRAR 6.1

Thanks Martin. My WinRar is 6.0... moaned once on every folder basically. My 7Zip is 19.0... similar moaning and not extracting. Windows 11 Filemanager no moaning. 

I know I could work out from the signature whether it's going to work but I'll put in the car using the backend menu and see whether it gives nice little Y's against each attribute, failing that I'll try Total Commander...

I might run another download tonight just in case anything did get slipped in and compare, that way before putting it in the car. 

Fun.

No problems unzipped with the built in file manager which gave unzipped the file size:

image.png.a4580cebbddb8808ef38e8fcbfb96225.png

Fitted on a 32gb FAT32 SD card, installed fine. Works in the car. I believe they have Seat FeCs back in on this release due to no missing line on the info screen that you had before when it used the Skoda FeC. e.g. it came with a Seat part number.

(did the double check on the download just in case using Edge the second time, early in the day te downloads on Firefox were checking terminated but still unzipped, looked at the Firefox Furbo Download manager to check all came across inn the end ... zip file size compared fine between the Firefox download and the Edge one overnight - boot and braces approach. 7zip gave errors during unzipping yet gave the same unzipped file size - used the built in Filemanager unzip of the two in the end)

As long as you get the file size after unzipping finishing in 045 after unzipping as above, all should be good. 7 zip thru up many "errors" but did give the same output size as the Windows Explorer (It's proper name within the File Manager). This is a variation from the VAG recommendation to use 7zip but then these files were not zipped in 7zip. I think that's the issue. Possibly it goes unwritten now they expect Skoda customers to use the Windows inbuilt unzipping program, namely Windows Explorer, right click on properties under Windows File Manager to find it on the zip file.

The above screen you have is indeed my back end mib2 high import check, the navigation attributes all showed Y which is good to go, 40 minutes later we get changed to OK when viewed and we are good to go.

Seat part number this time. 192 it was missed out but the Skoda FeC in the unit took the import but didn't populate the part number area using the "Mib collective" Mib Tool. So it's running thru on the Seat life time FeC on my unit this time round.

20211023_130947.thumb.jpg.ac15a908ddc591ca6ba03c4300c1d066.jpg

Done my last update in 2020 which was my first ever in 3 or 4 years ownership.

I’m sure this update was quicker for some reason.

I used the same card as last time and noticed it was formatted to NTFS so you don’t need to format to fat32 only.

When I plugged the sd card it didn’t automatically prompt me to update sp go to nav > settings > version info then click update

The NTFS format SD cards come in with the bigger SD cards above 32GB then you use that. The issue that people had who are preoccupied with NTFS was to format 32GB cards in that. The indexing of NTFS takes up more available space than Fat 32GB, so they all came a cropper last time round with release 192, it would not fit on a 32GB card in NTFS but fitted on a 32GB card in Fat32 :).

If it's a 32GB card Fat32 is fine for this release, if it isn't then a larger card in NTFS. There were some reports that some people couldn't fit the 192 release on a 32GB FAT32 card. Possibly dubious cards. Fat32 on a 32GB card is fine for the 195 release.

Cheaper enough to buy either way. I'm keeping a 64GB card ready for the day but hasn't occurred yet.