Key fob battery

Orsoncart

My Karoq keyfob just failed to work.  I took it to Furrows, where I bought the car from, and showed it to the man on the Spares desk.  He opened it and said it had the wrong battery in it. It had a 2025, and he said it should be a 2032, which he didn't have in stock.  I obtained one and fitted it with difficulty, as it seemed too thick, but once fitted, it worked OK. It was a new car when I bought  it from them, so how did the wrong battery get fitted ? Is it the correct battery now ?

Any help would be welcomed.

Shold be 2025.  At least that's what's in my two keys, and that's what I replace them with.

And welcome, by the way!

Edited by FlyingGecko
  • Like 1

Thanks FG and Irfant, I have now found the same subject queried further down the page.  I should have scrolled down further !

It seems that the 2025 is the correct key, but 2032 will work, but is harder to put in the fob, as it's thicker.  So it seems that the man on the spares desk at Furrows got it wrong.

• Like 3

I think the dealer I use changes the battery as a matter of course at the annual service (and charges me £5 to do it)

Next time I'll tell them the battery is new (it isn't) and do it myself when the need arises. 

There is no problem with a flat battery away from home. Happened to my wife and I talked her through what to do on the phone.

tom 

Is there any way for the dash display to let me know when the keyfob battery is low? My brother's Octavia tells him this so he replace the battery before it dies, but my keyfob battery just dies without any "low battery" warning. Thanks.

The first time my battery was about to fail  a warning flashed up briefly on the screen to say so.

The second time a few weeks ago no warning, the key fob would just not operate the locks. As I was at home the second fob opened the door.

As said above it is wise to keep spare batteries in the car should the fob fail away from home as you can gain entry with the mechanical key.

Worth practising with the mechanical key as it is a bit of a fiddle, the manual describes the method.

Cars these days are getting too complicated just for the sake what is wrong with a conventional key and lock!

• 2 years later...

Greetings from Finland !

Skoda karoq 2021 owner here ! I came across Key fob battery low alarm seen in dashboard console today.

I tried checking the battery in my key fob and It clearly states the required battery spec is CR 2032.

I reckon the recent model's key fob is designed to fit the 32 mm battery. 

Better open the plastic panel to confirm the spec before purchasing the batteries .

battery_open.thumb.jpg.3bae5e4a493aa8f5506e423450ce10b4.jpg

battery_panel.jpg