Reversing camera

Fran57

Have my Enyaq IV 60 for around 6 weeks now and am really happy with it except for one thing! The reversing camera. During the day it's just about ok but at night you can forget about it, almost totally blacked out. Way worse than my previous Karoq. Anyone else got this issue?

Thanks for the replies, only one reversing light, other side is the rear fog light. I have used the rear fog but that's not exactly ideal either. I'll have to take it up with the dealer, the camera optics are the problem I'd say and this will become more of an issue as the winter draws in. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it.

Not trying to be funny, but have the dealers / factory left the plastic protective film over the reversing camera lens? Sometimes this film is hard to spot. I've resolved similar problems on phones / tablets by finding and removing the film.

• 4 weeks later...

The camera is not bad - but my 2014 Qashqai's camera was much better. It had a night mode with amplification. 

With the Enyaq - backing into a tight garage I don't get enough light downwards. Could be much better.

Also backing at night in rain is - mah! QASHQAI QASHQAI

By coincidence I was in a Nissan leaf two nights ago. The driver reversed into an unlit driveway, I could not believe the difference. I am definitely going to take this up with Skoda especially as the camera was expensive extra. Should be much better!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2021 at 23:28, ManosD said:

When the camera is on, at the upper right there's a settings button. Set brightness to the max and contrast to the minimum. It will get much much better at low light.

Just done this, great improvement, thanks!

On 13/10/2021 at 21:35, k-pax said:

The camera is not bad - but my 2014 Qashqai's camera was much better. It had a night mode with amplification. 

With the Enyaq - backing into a tight garage I don't get enough light downwards. Could be much better.

Also backing at night in rain is - mah! QASHQAI QASHQAI

Well, just switched from a Passat GTE to the Enyaq, and to be frank I'm shocked about how crap the camera on the Enyaq is in comparison, especially in the dark.