DSG - reverse to first

Hello all,

First post, with a potential problem....

If I go in reverse, stop, into D and wait for the car to pull away, then apply throttle, all is smooth, albeit it always jumps away from a stand still!

If I do the same, but in a rush, when I apply throttle to go forward from a standstill, it jumps and almost seems like the engine wants to stall.

Any ideas? Been reading about a DSG reset, might try this.

30k miles on the clock.

I have found you cannot rush the gearbox as it happens in mine if I am too quick.

A new gearbox adaption wouldn't hurt and is easily done with either vcds or obdeleven. I have obdeleven and it works brilliantly for what I need; plus I can keep it in the glovebox incase I need it when out driving.

You might be experiencing low levels of fluid in the gearbox. I find the DSG gearboxes don't like low fluid levels and give problems with drive and gear change if the fluid levels are low.

Try a readaptation....if that doesn't improve things, gearbox oil change reqd. It's needed at 40k miles anyway.

1 hour ago, RoddersUK said:

VRS 2.0tfsi 230 6speed box

Likely to be TSI rather than TFSI.  So your engine is most likely the EA888 Gen 3, and the DQ250 DSG.

How long have you had it Rodders - is it still under any warranty?

The DQ250 is a robust unit, but if you're concerned, have it checked out.  A stitch in time and all that....

I have the same drive train in my GTI, and the vRS before it.  Neither have done what you describe.

Gaz

Sorry, yes 2.0tsi.

Not had it long, have a 2 year warranty.

I was going to get the g/box oil done on the next service, but will try the readaption, I have odbeleven. My vcds is the old cable and doesn't talk to all the modules. Will read up how to do it.

Just wondered if it's a quirk, as normally it's super smooth.

Mine does it as well. I think what happens is that as you are rushing you get on the throttle before the gear box has finished the shift so as the clutch engages you have throttle on so you get a snappier response.

4 hours ago, RoddersUK said:

Yeah, too used to a manual, start going forward in 1st whilst rolling back, lol.

DSG just wants to take it's time.

Make sure the gearbox temp is warm and above 30c. Access the transmission control unit and go to basic settings. Keep your foot on the brake pedal at all times and don't touch the accelerator. Then click on the following options marked with red and wait for each one to go from active to not active after you have started.  Then once done turn the engine off.

Screenshot_20210721-204304_OBDeleven.jpg

Edited by Ecomatt

19 minutes ago, RoddersUK said:

All done, lots of clunks etc.....some of them didn't seem to do much, but I went through and did them all.

See if it makes any difference

The adaption of the double clutch just starts and stops which is normal. 

OBDeleven shows my DSG software is 5204 and 5503 is the latest. Anything in that would make any improvements.

I guess Skoda would upgrade that with an oil change, for free? 

Would a normal garage do such a thing, or is it Skoda only?

13 hours ago, RoddersUK said:

OBDeleven shows my DSG software is 5204 and 5503 is the latest. Anything in that would make any improvements.

I guess Skoda would upgrade that with an oil change, for free? 

Would a normal garage do such a thing, or is it Skoda only?

A Skoda dealer will usually only do a software update is response to a specific problem that Skoda (factory or importer) say will be fixed by the update.

Best bet is to find a good independent who can/will do the update. When I lived in Southampton I took our Skoda and Audi to Abtech AVSS as I wasn't happy with the local dealers.