MK3 FL 2017 water pump and timing belt change

Hello guys!

I have a 2017 octavia with 1.6 CR TDI engine (115HP). The time is here when i need to change the water pump with the timing belt. Searched for some kit and i found this one.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/gates/13671357

Is it good in my car? I asked that because of the water pump and there is non switchable and switchable pumps. ((My mechanic will change everything, i just wants to buy the kit))

Thank you so much!

I think it depends on engine code, the last 1.6 TDI I worked on was the switchable pump.

You can call your local motor factors and they will tell you, or if you drop me a message, I have access to the dealer systems and can give you the OE numbers.

I think it was around £150 for the OEM pump/belt kit from the local factors.

I would like to ask you to, can you recommend me some analog type of this water pump? I am so sorry about my knowless but i wants to buy the correct type of pump. 

Hi,

I only have access to the systems as I am in the industry, cost is around £264 per year. There may be free options available with a bit of digging.

The switchable pumps are designed to decrease warm-up times and improve engine efficiency, it also means if the pump fails, it will only result in overheating and no timing belt damage.

I believe SKF do a kit to convert from switchable to mechanical, however, it will result in increased warm-up times and probably more labour cost as it will require changes to be made.

If it was me personally, I would stick with a premium switchable pump with a good warranty.

If you are unsure which parts to buy, either let your mechanic order them or provide your VIN/Chassis number to your parts supplier, they can look it all up for you.

A genuine pump and belt kit is around £180-200.