Anyone gone for the new colour?

Wow!  I like my Corrida Red, but if that had been available when I ordered I would have been tempted!  (Our cars are all bright - red Octavia and Citigo and a Fabia in metallic green).

I would say yes for the next one, but I'm not sure if I'd get another Mk4 Octy when the company car is up for changing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, weehappypixie said:

Unfortunately mine is meant to be Brilliant Silver but know knows what it will be when I get it. 

Is there any truth in the rumour that all orders for Brilliant Silver will be shipped in Bubble-gum Pink  🤣 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 14/10/2021 at 19:55, TheWanderer said:

Phoenix Orange! 

1622792049-octavia_rs_004.thumb.jpg.04f9bb5fc893b0fad4f8deb5b87266c1.jpg

It seems that the overpriced Metallic Red has been discontinued. 

No, it appears that it's Corrida Red they've got shot of as well as any solid colours. Velvet Red is still a costly option although not as expensive as the paint options used to be according to the Skoda UK configurator.

And Rallye Green has been mixed with Sprint Yellow to become Hyper Green!

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/10/2021 at 19:55, TheWanderer said:

Phoenix Orange! 

1622792049-octavia_rs_004.thumb.jpg.04f9bb5fc893b0fad4f8deb5b87266c1.jpg

It seems that the overpriced Metallic Red has been discontinued. 

New brochure dated 8th November has both Phoenix orange and velvet red

Now 10 colours, (but only 3 Octavia spec levels)

Energy blue, petrol blue, race blue, hyper green, velvet red, Phoenix orange, moon white, brilliant silver, graphite grey, and black magic

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/0bcfc2d5-654f-49b2-a524-91e141293e36

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 08:37, SurreyJohn said:

New brochure dated 8th November has both Phoenix orange and velvet red

Now 10 colours, (but only 3 Octavia spec levels)

Energy blue, petrol blue, race blue, hyper green, velvet red, Phoenix orange, moon white, brilliant silver, graphite grey, and black magic

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/0bcfc2d5-654f-49b2-a524-91e141293e36

Interesting that Mamba green is named Hyper green.

The orange should be same as in Fabia. Not to my liking.

Yeah, I wonder why they differentiate colour names for UK. Mamba is basically Mamba everywhere else. Same was with Meteor Grey, I believe, sold as Steel in central Europe. 

For years Skoda have had one of the worst exterior colour choices possible. To balance that they've had some great interior options and as that's the only thing I used to see in my (now departed) Superb that was great. Now back to boring black.

5 minutes ago, byteme said:

For years Skoda have had one of the worst exterior colour choices possible. To balance that they've had some great interior options and as that's the only thing I used to see in my (now departed) Superb that was great. Now back to boring black.

Not sure why you think that. They have white silver black grey and even had pretty brown and different shades of blue. There aren't many colours left.

18 minutes ago, zetzet said:

Not sure why you think that. They have white silver black grey and even had pretty brown and different shades of blue. There aren't many colours left.

Several shades of grey and black ore not much of an option. The brown looks nasty unless clean and when the sun hits it and the same with the blue.

I am a big orange fan…. But… it doesn’t rock my world… and I can’t see it helping resale… previous green and petrol metallics have been much more special.

i still configured one with the orange but no. I couldn’t order that. It’s also asking for the plod to pull you over at any opportunity!

7 minutes ago, mcdeli said:

I am a big orange fan…. But… it doesn’t rock my world… and I can’t see it helping resale… previous green and petrol metallics have been much more special.

i still configured one with the orange but no. I couldn’t order that. It’s also asking for the plod to pull you over at any opportunity!

Petrol Blue would be an example of a poor Skoda colour. Dark and drab unless perfectly cleaned, waxed and with the sum at the right angle. Those little Skoda orb in the showrooms are misleading, take them outside and see what they look like. 

• Like 1

I'm seeing lots of petrol blues and they look absolutely pristine, even dirty. If we are thinking of the same colour, I personally think they did a great job with this one.

For blue hues, Porsche and BMW wins it for me though. They have some exceptionally looking ones on offer. 

In my youth I owned a MK2.5 Focus ST in electric orange. It's my favourite colour of any car I've owned.

15 years on, phoenix orange is therefore very tempting but for some reason I just dont think it suits the Octavia.

Maybe I'm just getting more sensible (boring) or maybe it's that orange (and even moreso, hyper green) don't match Skoda's sensible image.