Build Data Codes?

As my front brake pads are getting a bit close to worn out I thought I'd get some parts as this is within my scope of knowledge and ability to replace them.  On trying to order the brake pads it appears there are a number of different systems fitted to vehicles and I need the build data codes. These used to be on a sticker usually in the spare wheel well or front of the service booklet, but no longer. I've spoken to my dealer and head office here in Australia and nobody seems to be able to supply the codes and just point you to their spares department to buy the OEM parts at twice the price. Seems like a bit of a ploy to buy only from Skoda me thinks. Code I'm looking for could be 1ZA, 1ZK or 1LA I believe. 

Anyone any idea where to get the codes, or easily identify which brake system is fitted to my car without stripping down the brakes?

Car is 2019 model year, Superb 206 Sportline wagon.

You will be able to get a full 'car data' pdf via erWin Skoda for a small fee, but possibly worth trying to get the same info for free by directly asking for it at the parts counter, face to face whilst/after buying some cheap consumable.

• Like 1

no real need to strip them , just remove a wheel and measure existing pads then take a photo with your phone,  go to  parts place and get them to open the box to have a look  before paying for new pads.   you may even be able to measure and take a photo without taking a wheel off.

@Watermead- u will b able to see the PR code on the rotor hub itself, and the part number too.

I have the 162 TSi, so its marked 1KU (rear) and 1ZA (front).

Urs will b different given u have the 206 TSi.

As @Winomentioned - u can go to Erwin Skoda n download a full build sheet of ur car specifically.

I've done it myself. Paid for an hour subscription and got everything I need, including workshop manuals.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Watermead said:

As my front brake pads are getting a bit close to worn out I thought I'd get some parts as this is within my scope of knowledge and ability to replace them.  On trying to order the brake pads it appears there are a number of different systems fitted to vehicles and I need the build data codes. These used to be on a sticker usually in the spare wheel well or front of the service booklet, but no longer. I've spoken to my dealer and head office here in Australia and nobody seems to be able to supply the codes and just point you to their spares department to buy the OEM parts at twice the price. Seems like a bit of a ploy to buy only from Skoda me thinks. Code I'm looking for could be 1ZA, 1ZK or 1LA I believe. 

Anyone any idea where to get the codes, or easily identify which brake system is fitted to my car without stripping down the brakes?

Mate, don't over think it...

These are the ŠKODA Genuine Part Numbers (for cross reference);
(front rotors) –5Q0615301G
(rear rotors) –5Q0615601E
(front pads) –5Q0698151K
(rear pads) –3Q0698451D

(Front 340x30mm / Rear 310x22mm)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ope126 said:

Also, I am confused mate...

What is a Superb 208?

You are in Australia right?

I am sure you mean; ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4

hahaha....i was thinking the same too, but i'm sure @Watermead got his wires crossed thinking 206 and 280 - and ended up becoming 208!! 😂

OPE126 - thanks for the part numbers, should be able to cross reference these to the non-OEM parts I'm looking at through here https://runautoparts.com.au/brakes/brake-pads

Not sure where you guys are the "208" from???? My original post says as the last line 

19 hours ago, Watermead said:

Aaahhhhhh.....just noticed it in my profile details. Duh! Off to update it! Cheers.