Best must have accessoaries for Octavia

11 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

A protective foil for main infotainment screen.
Mud flaps for the winter.
PPF for the front. A bit more expensive option.
A mini USB key for MP3s.

Foil is a good idea. Will order from china as i doubt skoda has OEM.

What is a PPF?

A bumper protector by the boot

Tyres that can be used below about +9c in wet (+4c in dry), the default summer tyres are not suitable for use in UK all year round, as don’t grip in cold rain, sleet, snow, frost, or if cold enough for road to be salted (and who wants to be doing 70mph on a motorway with poor grip)

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, peshetoman said:

Foil is a good idea. Will order from china as i doubt skoda has OEM.

What is a PPF?

PPF = Paint Protection Film (thin foil, like a wrap). The only protection that helps quite a bit against stone chips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

A bumper protector by the boot

Tyres that can be used below about +9c in wet (+4c in dry), the default summer tyres are not suitable for use in UK all year round, as don’t grip in cold rain, sleet, snow, frost, or if cold enough for road to be salted (and who wants to be doing 70mph on a motorway with poor grip)

Mitch cross climate 2 good all year round , 

6 minutes ago, Greezy56 said:

Mitch cross climate 2 good all year round , 

we got due to the delay winter tires as a bonus : ) the PPF film sounds nice, but ours has a full cover and they will repaint it if needed for free(as long as I pay 1000 Pounds per year) :D

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, peshetoman said:

we got due to the delay winter tires as a bonus : ) the PPF film sounds nice, but ours has a full cover and they will repaint it if needed for free(as long as I pay 1000 Pounds per year) :D

That's a nice touch from Euratek... ;) You pay for the comprehensive insurance cover (a.k.a. "kasko" in Bulgaria) I guess. Not sure if it covers the stone chips, though. As far as I'm aware, the paint on the cars for Eastern Europe is slightly more durable than the one for the UK. At least this is what my detailer ( a Romanian guy) said. My vRS got so many stone chips for the first six months of driving it, even though I tried to keep quite some distance from other cars and lorries in particular. So I ended up doing PPF on the bonnet and front bumper... My Mrs. is like "oh, you're loving the car more than me" lol

I'd add a dashcam. Not really an accessory, but quite good to have one. I also added shades on all rear windows - quite a nice addition, especially for the little one during the summer (therefore highly recommended for Bulgaria). Also, being free-standing, I can now open all the windows via the remote control, which is great!

• Like 1

Yes. you guessed correctly :D To be fair i bragged a lot due to the delay : ) We had plans to travel with the car and the wife made my life hell due to the fact the car was not ready when they promised : ) So i said i want tires at least(rims were not included) :D

The shades did you add them aftermarket? i didnt order them but the glass is darkened.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, peshetoman said:

The shades did you add them aftermarket? i didnt order them but the glass is darkened.

Yeah, I needed shades for the baby, so firstly tried one of those that you stick to the window itself. Yet, it's rubbish, as it doesn't cover the whole window, so there was always an angle, where the sun was getting in. So, I went with these - https://www.carshades.co.uk/shades-skoda-octavia-estate-2019-full-rear-p-9186.html.

They're not great, but much better than before, even thought the windows are tinted.

16 minutes ago, peshetoman said:

They look nice :D we will see how the trip goes next summer : ) my kids are old enough to want to watch more through the window.

you can still see through the window, it's just darker :D

20 hours ago, Tishout said:

I'd add a dashcam. Not really an accessory, but quite good to have one. I also added shades on all rear windows - quite a nice addition, especially for the little one during the summer (therefore highly recommended for Bulgaria). Also, being free-standing, I can now open all the windows via the remote control, which is great!

Noticed in the accessories brochure (UK) they list the Nextbase 522GW. Halfords supplied and fitted this model with the optional rear camera on my Astra about 2 years ago, major bonus with it being hardwired in is it detects motion if the car rocks and turns the camera on. So it might not catch the car being hit whilst parked but it will certainly catch them driving off / looking at the damage. So far it has only caught a couple of junkies having a nosey around the car, guessing they tried the door or something to trigger it as it also showed them trying my neighbour's cars. I wouldn't have known other than my Astra had a "theft attempted" message displayed. 

Seriously impressed with the image / sound quality from the forward facing camera, rear does the job but is nothing special. Records in 3 minute chunks, would recommend it with a larger SD card. The battery life is pretty poor when you take it off the cable which is the only downfall if your taking it into the house to try pull footage off to your phone rather than plugged into a laptop. Will probably get the same again (as not sure I can justify the extra on the 622GW) on the VRS whenever it arrives in 2022. 

• Like 1

I've kept the 512 version from my previous O3. I think the difference with 612 was just the resolution, but 1440p is good enough anyways, so don't think it's worth upgrading. I think mine also has the parking monitoring mode, but haven't tried it....

3 minutes ago, Tishout said:

I've kept the 512 version from my previous O3. I think the difference with 612 was just the resolution, but 1440p is good enough anyways, so don't think it's worth upgrading. I think mine also has the parking monitoring mode, but haven't tried it....

When it comes to electrics I'm completely devoid of ability, happy to do the odd mechanical thing like brake pads / spark plugs and filters but have a fear of the electrics. Did you have the dealer strip out the camera / cable from your O3 or did you do it yourself?

The 622GW offers 4k at 30fps and plus double frame rate for the two resolutions on the 522GW. So a bit smoother but, not sure that justifies double the price or not. 

As we are trading 2 cars in it is in the back of my mind to ask if they'll take in the Astra a couple of days early once the VRS is ready for delivery. Not sure if they'll be happy to do this as they won't be supplying and fitting used parts so can't guarantee the work as such. Will be asking them to do Mudflaps and proper mats as iirc Arnold Clark like to fit their own even on new? Maybe some of the Scottish owners can confirm? 

On 05/11/2021 at 11:43, Hawk89 said:

When it comes to electrics I'm completely devoid of ability, happy to do the odd mechanical thing like brake pads / spark plugs and filters but have a fear of the electrics. Did you have the dealer strip out the camera / cable from your O3 or did you do it yourself?

The 622GW offers 4k at 30fps and plus double frame rate for the two resolutions on the 522GW. So a bit smoother but, not sure that justifies double the price or not. 

As we are trading 2 cars in it is in the back of my mind to ask if they'll take in the Astra a couple of days early once the VRS is ready for delivery. Not sure if they'll be happy to do this as they won't be supplying and fitting used parts so can't guarantee the work as such. Will be asking them to do Mudflaps and proper mats as iirc Arnold Clark like to fit their own even on new? Maybe some of the Scottish owners can confirm? 

I had it done myself, after watching some youtube videos... :D  I had the dashcam hardwired to the fuse of the rear wiper, via a fuse piggy back kit I got from Halfords (https://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit-159302.html). It's dead simply to do - the trickiest thing was to take the glove box and the a-pillar trim apart... In the case of vRS MK4, though, there's a usb-c port in the rear view mounting, so all you need is to by a relatively short cable (for my 512 it is mini usb to usb-c, 0.9 m, which I tucked nicely behind the mirror, so you can't see it at all) and you're done. There would be a bit more work required to mount the rear camera, but you just need to hide the wire in the roof lining, I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I’m not sure a screen protector for the infotainment is required? It’s not going in your pocket. Mine is still mint after 4 1/2 years. 

Not against scratches but against fingerprints and smudges since (at least in the mk4) the screen is a magnet for those. 

wind deflector also good for rain. in the winter time or summer during the rainy day you can drive without being wet . nice design looking top on octy ...visit kopacek for manny other things

1 hour ago, bolix said:

wind deflector also good for rain. in the winter time or summer during the rainy day you can drive without being wet . nice design looking top on octy ...visit kopacek for manny other things

Kopacek don't deliver larger items (such as the wind deflectors) to the UK (apart from Northern Ireland) any more, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Gingernick70 said:

to be honest the official ones dont look outrageously priced..but I am open to suggestion!

yeah, me too! :D