Skoda Octavia Scout 184 DSG Remap Help...

Hello,

Where is best for remapping a 2.0 TDI 184 DSG 4X4? I'd like ECU and DSG mapping I think. I'm on the Wirral, so ideally North West, but willing to travel for the right tuner.

I've spent hours googling and reading, and it appeared Shark Performance would have been the answer, but they no longer exist.

Any help or experience appreciated.

19 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Ben from Shark moved to Racing Line Performance in Milton Keynes.

Nothing on their site for the 2.0 TDI 184 DSG box though. 😞

18 minutes ago, Esseesse200 said:

As above. Ben is now at racingline and I personally wouldn’t go anywhere else. 

I couldn’t find anything for the gearbox in their site. I’ve sent them a message to see. Fingers crossed.

I notice they have dealers around the country now. Would you use them, or go direct to Racingline?

Edited by Alan16ac

Currently Racing Line are doing deals with Engine and DSG map. I did ask about the DSG map and Racingline replied the 184 does not need a DSG map as it can deal with the extra torque without issue. These can be installed at places like Awesome GTi and Volksworkshop in the North West.

I've had no issues, and plenty of fun, with my VRS Tdi remap from Derv-tech in Manchester. I don't know if they touch gearbox tho as mine is manual. 

236 bhp and 380 torque, runs beautiful.

when I've the money, I'm looking at getting a remap done by Darkside development.

Don't know if Barnsley would be too far for you to travel.

Check on their youtube channel, it shows you loads of cars which they've had dealings with

4 minutes ago, tunedude said:

when I've the money, I'm looking at getting a remap done by Darkside development.

Don't know if Barnsley would be too far for you to travel.

Check on their youtube channel, it shows you loads of cars which they've had dealings with

I sent them a message and got a really informative response, so I am considering going with them now to be honest.

5 hours ago, Alan16ac said:

I sent them a message and got a really informative response, so I am considering going with them now to be honest.

VAG stuff is their bread and butter. They're starting to move into BMW / Mini stuff, but all things VAG diesel, they're **** hot on.

The reason I'm looking at going to them is because they're using a bespoke map, rather than a generic one. I understand they'll use a base map to start off, but fit it around you and your car. They race diesel VAGs, so know the limits of the engines / gearboxes / associated parts.

2 hours ago, john999boy said:

Did it begin, "Reet then?" 😉

Ryan puts a smile on my face. An honest, rough and ready bloke.  

Edited by tunedude