driving lights led swap.

DAVEEVO

hi guys 

I'm now sick of replacing my bulbs in the front driving lights , are there any led's that will work without fault light on dash etc ? i bought some off flea bay but only one would work when turned on (both bulbs checked and working when directly connected to battery ) but they where just led bulbs and not can bus ones which i presume they have to be a guess ?. 

cheers guys 

2 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Stop using them then, they're completely unnecessary in the UK

What makes you say that?   Why are driving lights unnecessary in the UK?

2 minutes ago, skomaz said:

What makes you say that?   Why are driving lights unnecessary in the UK?

Because they're not mandated by law like they are in other European countries where these cars are sold.

That's why.

27 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

Because they're not mandated by law like they are in other European countries where these cars are sold.

That's why.

but the poster clearly wants to use them whether they are mandated or not - perhaps to illuminate the road (bearing in mind he's said driving lights not DRLs).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skomaz said:

but the poster clearly wants to use them whether they are mandated or not - perhaps to illuminate the road (bearing in mind he's said driving lights not DRLs).

I was simply pointing out that the current sensing circuitry is very tricky to overcome and that if he was fed up with replacing bulbs that he didn't need to use them.

Ok.

So it is DRL's being asked about. 

As in Daytime / Daylight running lights.   On with the ignition to the front. 

Maybe Bright when no Sidelights / Headlights on but not when they are. 

Mandatory fitted from the factory in the EU including UK from 2011, but only on new Type Approved cars so even Mk3 from 2014 did not require them as standard.

Edited by roottoot

The car is 2013 mk 2  the lights I'm talking about are the ones that go out when any of the lights are selected,also turned off with the switch in the fuse box . I remember years ago on bikes you had to put a resistor in the wiring to stop em flashing fast. I just wondered if they now make bulbs which have it all built in. Cheers

• Like 1