Scout owner saying hi

I bought my Scout a few months back but never really got round to saying hi. So, er, hi 👋🏻 

Had an Octavia mk 1 from 1999 to 2008, so it’s nice to be back in the fold. Fair to say the mk 3 has improved in a few areas 😎

2FEFB0FF-FD2F-4C15-85EA-9D4C7CACFD24.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NZ100 said:

Hi to fellow Scout owner.

Spent many an hour,  over the years, sitting on the motorway going past Bristol . 😄

I've spent a fair few hours over the past few years going past Coventry ;)

15 hours ago, 3rdoctavia said:

Another mk3 Scout owner here.  Love mine, it's a great car and a shame the new version is only available in Europe or to blue light fleet buyers 😕

I didn't know that. Makes me even more glad that I bought mine when I did :)

2 hours ago, Snapperseb said:

or to blue light fleet buyers

Well, it actually depends on how desperate you are for a MK4 Scout.  Dealers in CZ will accept orders for Right Hand Drive Octavia's (and Scouts) to your specification, but you will have to have deep pockets (45k Euros plus) and pay the import duty.

4 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

Well, it actually depends on how desperate you are for a MK4 Scout.  Dealers in CZ will accept orders for Right Hand Drive Octavia's (and Scouts) to your specification, but you will have to have deep pockets (45k Euros plus) and pay the import duty.

Yikes.

Nope, I'll hang onto mine thanks :)

I think there was a bit of a marketing gap in the UK which led to low sales.

The name "scout" sounds to me like a "special edition" rather than a mainstream variant with no indication to the outside world that its AWD , rough road kit, hill decent control,  off road mode,  and an increased ground clearance.

Maybe sticking a skoda 4x4 badge on it might have given it more visibility to buyers.

I'm a big fan of mine, it's  bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing when you get it on a surface that other car would struggle on, even more so with better tyres on. Its not like its a speed demon or anything but it does seem able to keep itself out of trouble on ropey ground.

Cheers

Well, strictly - and under certain parameters, you can actually GET a Scout spec car in the UK.  The Scout was always an SE-L with extra options bolted on, but the Scout (from the Fabia Scout, the Octavia Scout, the Superb Scout and Kodiak Scout) all share the top end specification for folk for want to be a bit more adventury and not do the whole VRS thing.

In the build your own car on skoda.co.uk (I am so going to be banned from here talking about MK4's).... you can select Rough Road Package....however, there is no Scout extra plastic body protective trims as on the European version. 😞

With the new rough road package does that include the increased ride height plus the additional off road mode ?

My mate has a 4x4 superb but it only has the eco, normal and sport modes still with no hill decent control either .

The UK skoda also came with cinturato p7 tyres but all seasons would have been a better spec. 👍

4 hours ago, 3rdoctavia said:

With the new rough road package does that include the increased ride height plus the additional off road mode ?

My mate has a 4x4 superb but it only has the eco, normal and sport modes still with no hill decent control either .

The UK skoda also came with cinturato p7 tyres but all seasons would have been a better spec. 👍

The rough road package was usually just a metal (on older cars) & now a GRP/aramid/Kevlar/reinforced full engine bay undertray/skidtray...& rubber covers for the lower rear suspension arms..It might also include a cover tray for the front section of the exhaust tunnel. On some previous VAG cars it was also reinforced brake hoses on the rear axle.

20 hours ago, 3rdoctavia said:

Yes - an extra 15mm on standard ride height.

15 hours ago, fabdavrav said:

Off-Road mode (with hill-decent) can actually be enabled by purchasing that function from a dealer using a FeC code. 

15 hours ago, fabdavrav said:

The UK skoda also came with cinturato p7 tyres but all seasons would have been a better spec.

The P7's are great tyres, but useless when it gets colder than 7C.  You need the WinterZotto tyres which are just epic.

2 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Yes - an extra 15mm on standard ride height.

Off-Road mode (with hill-decent) can actually be enabled by purchasing that function from a dealer using a FeC code. 

The P7's are great tyres, but useless when it gets colder than 7C.  You need the WinterZotto tyres which are just epic.

The above quote didn't capture your above post correctly

image.thumb.png.86b24bb3147dc2da7a8e5a201930fb90.png

I did not state those things I don't know what you have done when you multi quoted, but you will see that I have not edited my posts...correct yours...

Edited by fabdavrav

ooohh - @fabdavrav - I think there is a bug in Briskoda - I'll let administrators know.  I quoted posting from @3rdoctavia and it seems to have put your username against that.  The quotation boxes are generated automatically when you highlight text.

Sorry - please don't take offence.  Its a bug....

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yep just a big on multi quote.

I’ll take a look over the software vendors pages…

can’t promise a fix. It may even be fixed, we’re an update behind and waiting on the final release of the next one to update. Hopefully before year end. On this my hands are tied.

for now let’s see if we can do it again :) and then note it might happen. Multi quotes don’t get used that often, so good spot.

thanks

• Like 2