Identify this part for me - Fan Pulley / Roller?

JamieP86

Afternoon all, after replacing my belt and pulleys and tensioner earlier this year (approx 3k ago) I've developed a squeaking serpentine belt.

The culprit is this guy circled in red, but for the life of me, I can't find it's official name - is it a pulley, roller, or something else?

Ignore the wet belt, I used water to identify whether its was the belt or something else. You can see "half" of the belt is dry, i.e. making contact or slipping - hence why I think it's that guy who's failed.

1742089350_PXL_20211127_1840537102.thumb.jpg.dca523f41272c70bbed50b8ec6184492.jpg

Engine is a 1.9 PD130 AWX.

If you can help please do. If you can link a part also, even better!

Cheers!

Edited by JamieP86

15 hours ago, gfinneran said:

Are you sure the culprit is not the alternator clutch pulley?

After further investigation, I think you're correct. It's pointing to the alternator pulley being at fault, although as the whole alternator was changed in May 21 (less than 2.5k ago also) I ruled it out.

A possibility but if not the pattern part replacement sprag clutch is far more likely to fail prematurely than the OE would have been.

The only exceptions to my rule is when the original design was faulty or insufficient and the aftermarket ones are modified/beefed up.