Obd eleven

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry can’t help!! I could do with having some access to one myself to do a Battery code change after replacing mine in October. Rather than pay the £240ish for a Hex-can V2 or whatever I might just bite the bullet and try Carista. I’ve tried a Carly and quite honestly it wasn’t worth the bother and I returned it for a refund. 

On 26/12/2021 at 20:58, TQVRS said:

Has anyone got an OBD eleven

Father Christmas delivered one to me last month.

On 26/12/2021 at 20:58, TQVRS said:

What is good to change on a vrs face lift 18 plate 

Look here for clues:- 

https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles

Thanks. AG Falco

• Like 1

I’ve got an ODBeleven and really like it, I haven’t gone to the whole ‘Pro’ version but it’s really helpful for diagnosing issues or for checking sensor values. I had all sorts of issues just before Christmas and it was good to let me see the sensor values for the coolant temp before and after it had passed through the radiator.

I also made a few ‘app’ changes to the car to enable the near side mirror dip for reverse, turn off the fake engine sound, change the XDS settings etc. added rear LED lights on the number plate.. and so on…

I've used it on my last 2 VRS, the later one being a 2018. I changed some aspects of the virtual cockpit display, added cornering fogs, activated high beam assist, activated the chirp on unlock and turned off the sound aktor thing. There's lots you can do, much better learning how to do it on the face-lift properly rather than using the apps as some aren't properly compatible and you can't track the changes they are making to each module. If you do it yourself you know what's getting changed. 

Oh another thing was using it to switch between warm climate AC and normal climate AC in summer!

6 minutes ago, TQVRS said:

I can’t get mine to do the cornering fogs or the sound on lock/unlock mines a 2018 f/l 

What instructions are you using for the cornering fogs?  They’re different to the pre-fl instructions. More steps from memory. 

1 hour ago, TQVRS said:

I’m just trying to use the obdeleven app thing, “enable corner fogs” 

Id strongly recommend not using the apps.  Their reliability is questionable, as you’re finding out. You need to find out if the app has changed anything before trying anything else. OBDeleven does have an audit trail of changes made but I’m not sure if it’s used during an app change or just manual ones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TQVRS said:

I’m just trying to use the obdeleven app thing, “enable corner fogs” 

55 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Id strongly recommend not using the apps.  Their reliability is questionable, as you’re finding out. You need to find out if the app has changed anything before trying anything else. OBDeleven does have an audit trail of changes made but I’m not sure if it’s used during an app change or just manual ones. 

+1

There have been multiple posts on here about the OBD11 apps making changes that cause unwanted consequences and not achieving the desired change. IMHO the apps are to be avoided and changes made manually step by step following the informations posted on briskoda.

BCM is the Body Control Module and is found at address 09.

The adaption channels will change depending on year and spec, if you can find a way to create a full adaption channel map or backup, I'm happy to take a look. I don't like making suggestions without seeing how the car is currently configured.

Unfortunately I haven't got a guide or instructions for you as I don't use OBDeleven.

• Like 1