Emergency Call Restricted - Workshop!

I get this come up every few weeks. I press and hold the stereo power button to restart the system and the warning goes out afterwards everytime.

• Like 1

Isn't this a massive fault across pretty much all of VAG? Speculation about crossing towers or patchy network in places?

I live with it. Some people talk of hitting the emergency call button to reboot the system but has sometimes ended in an awkward call being answered

2 hours ago, travs said:

Isn't this a massive fault across pretty much all of VAG? Speculation about crossing towers or patchy network in places?

I live with it. Some people talk of hitting the emergency call button to reboot the system but has sometimes ended in an awkward call being answered

Press it once it starts the call ,press again it ends the call 

• Like 1

There are multiple faults that can cause this but chances are the dealer is charging that price to replace the module as the battery inside it has died. Fairly common issue but normally done under warranty.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/01/2022 at 18:20, ApertureS said:

There are multiple faults that can cause this but chances are the dealer is charging that price to replace the module as the battery inside it has died. Fairly common issue but normally done under warranty.

It was my turn today afternoon. The "Emergency call" error message popped on my dashboard today.

It seems it appeared almost at the same time I've got a "Battery low voltage" warning.

I don't know if there could be a link between both messages.

You write, there's an internal battery. Do you know if this could be replaced as easily as a "CR2032 / CR2450" or any other similar reference battery by the owner (just as the remote control battery for instance)? Even if there are some housings to remove, is it feasible by a DIYer?... I assume this battery is loacted in the sunroof control panel, close to the "Emergency call" button... 🤔

If not related to the battery, should there be a fault code in a VCDS scan? Is which module then?

Thank you very much!

7 hours ago, Bap33 said:

It was my turn today afternoon. The "Emergency call" error message popped on my dashboard today.

It seems it appeared almost at the same time I've got a "Battery low voltage" warning.

I don't know if there could be a link between both messages.

You write, there's an internal battery. Do you know if this could be replaced as easily as a "CR2032 / CR2450" or any other similar reference battery by the owner (just as the remote control battery for instance)? Even if there are some housings to remove, is it feasible by a DIYer?... I assume this battery is loacted in the sunroof control panel, close to the "Emergency call" button... 🤔

If not related to the battery, should there be a fault code in a VCDS scan? Is which module then?

Thank you very much!

It would be module 75, would need checking for fault codes.

never replaced a battery myself on these but the module is located behind the infotainment display.

• Thanks 1

I get this (and the associated orange triangle of impending doom)  on a semi frequent basis (NB the light by the SOS call remains green which to my mind says that even though it may have had a transient issue at initialisation that the system is still working, I believe the light goes red if a hard fault) and it just clears itself when it feels like it.

Hi,

I succeeded in clearing the fault code on the « Emergency call function ».

It was effectively hidden in the ‘75-Telematics’ module. 👍
But surprinsingly, the controller status was logged as OK in the very  first part of the VCDS scan file… 🤔

Happy it’s back to normal status.