Sos error phone workshop gremlin

MartinJh

Hi 70 plate Kamiq 12mths old, less than 3000 mls, and I’m getting this sos problem 

3 times now in less than a month,  first time I thought it was because it was due to have 1st service so was booked in and nothing else appeared wrong as message disappeared after car was turned off then restarted later in day

however the on the last 2 occasions infotainment system goes down, sat nav radio , phone everything 

curiously all this after it’s been in for 1st service, 

have Skoda discovered the exact problem yet.

• 4 months later...

I got in touch with my dealer and it is booked in for the end of July.

Software glitch they say and have updated software from Skoda to fix it.

Had my 21 plate Kamiq for a week and I too kept getting the SOS error flashing up.  Booked it in and was told that one of two things will resolve it, a software update OR failing that a new part (I think he said module).

Anyway, after an hour or two it was fixed with an update, and a month and a half later I’ve had zero problems.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning the SOS warning came up on my Kamiq.  Turned off and on again and it came up again.  Set off to town and after about 3/4 of a mile a message "SOS call activated", presumably meaning that the SOS system was now working OK.   Ignition has been on and off a number of times since and the problem hasn't recurred.

I had this in the week.  I switched the engine off waited then restarted nd it was back to normal.  Also had the sound go on the Radio.  Holding down the power switch until the screen went blank, releasing waiting then switching back on solved that one.

Mine's a 2021 Superb but I had this today and I believe it may be linked to a failed software update.

It happened about 30 mins into driving (enough time for a software update), lost the SOS and satnav too. Radio was working but then after trying an infotainment restart, while driving, I couldn't even get passed the user login screen.

However, get this...

Whenever I switched the infotainment off again, I briefly seen the software version screen flash up! That suggests to me an update had been applied, but something went wrong.

I guessed that it would vanish after a full reset (i.e. leaving the car a good while) and as I was on a day out it indeed was left a good while.

Lo and behold no issues on start-up, then 2.5hrs of fault free return home.

Fingers crossed it was a one-off, but everything I seen points to an update issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the software update and so far no problems; Then the car alarm went off, so spitting feathers I unlocked the car and .....

the dash cam had dropped, the mount suction had failed and set the alarm off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2022 at 22:23, Bryanmac said:

Three times happened at same spot on M25.

I've just been to France a couple of weeks in the car and had this happen to me again, twice, both times in the same area....the east side of the M25!

Once was heading to Dover, the second was heading back.

Interestingly both times the satnav remained functional, unlike the first.

Looks like there may be something to this being location-specific.

I also wondered about location specific. It has only happened to me twice and both times at exactly the same place when entering the car park at Beetham garden centre North lancs. On both occasions cleared when starting car back at home the following day

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mine went haywire again yesterday It has been fine since august when it was in for a full software update .SOS warning now and the Yellow triangle ( started as red) Cant seem to call out on the radio either now but calls coming in seem ok . Booked in Jan 4th so hopefully sorted then first time 

My ocu was replaced on Thursday to fix the sos issue and my infotainment screen from freezing.

I’ve had no sos lights since, But I’ve just had my profile loading screen stick again on the infotainment screen 😞 - so I’ve now decided to delete my Skoda account from the infotainment screen (once it loaded up again) to see if it helps the profile load up and quicker

ive checked and my infotainment is running the latest version

13 hours ago, Fawcett said:

I forgot to add to the post above - (this happened when I got back in the car after running in the shops - before this it was fine)

ive checked and my infotainment is running the latest version

Anytime you get an update do a reset. Press on button till speakers thump. The informant uses a sd card eMMC that loads all the information same as a computer 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2022 at 14:03, stevecrvn said:

Mine went haywire again yesterday It has been fine since august when it was in for a full software update .SOS warning now and the Yellow triangle ( started as red) Cant seem to call out on the radio either now but calls coming in seem ok . Booked in Jan 4th so hopefully sorted then first time 

Went into day and apparently needs a new part which is now on order hopefully this will sort it now as the previous Full software update has not