1.5 TSI EVO M/T - Range and Fuel tank capacity - 45 or 50l?

Hey folks

I am a bit confused about the fuel tank capacity. Is it 45 liters or 50 liters.

I have fill the tank to the top (first click).

So far I have made 705km

Average fuel consumption 5.9l/100km

Range - 180km!

That said:

If I multiply 5.9 * 7.05 = 41.595l of fuel used.

If my average consumption is 5.9l/100km according to the trip computer I have 10,62l of fuel in the tank.

5.9l - 100km

x l - 180km

(5.9*180)/100 = 10.62l

That is equivalent to around 50l tank or to be precise 52.215l

So I have opened up the manual and it says that there three types of petrol tanks

- 45l

- 50l

- 55l for the 4x4 models

My car is a regular 1.5 TSi first gen, 150BHP manual transmission MY2020 (February 2020)

The most I have put in mine is 47ltr, and usually fill up (always first click) when ther would be a good 5ltr left in the tank based on the range that is left - 50-70 miles or 80-110Km (why, in the UK, do we drive in miles and buy fuel in Litres? Crazy!!)

Based on that, it must be a 50ltr tank plus the pipe to the filler cap; maybe the 55ltr tank, but I doubt it.

Mine is a 1.5TSI EVO 150bhp manual gearbox.

Obviously a tanks capacity is what it is if sitting on the ground with no filler pipe / venting capacity etc.

If you measure the volume / capacity.

On a Mk2 Fabia with a 45 litre tank and fuel 'Up the Pipe' you could put in near 50 litres until you could see the petrol.

Then you could vent the system and get even more fuel in.

5 minutes ago, inspectorman said:

Another vote for 50l. One nervous fill of 47 litres (without venting) and generally 40-45 litres with 100 or so miles left on the display.

There is no venting on the new Octavia. At least not in the same way as on older cars. As far as I know the tank vents itself when you pouring the petrol in.

On 03/02/2022 at 12:16, OctaviaMK4 said:

So far I have made 705km

Average fuel consumption 5.9l/100km

I have read or watched a video, where it was said that you should not trust the fuel consumption at the beginning of usage of the car, as there are some calibration or something like that involved. So 705km might not be enough if you are checking the average consumption of this amount, as first X amount of km's were probably inaccurate. Would be better if you started a new trip and checked the consumption of it.