30.000 km Service: software update

mr44

Hello happy Skoda owners!

(Great amount of the ppl already left.. 🙃)

Just had an appintment for today’s morning (Friday) to have my Octavia 30.000 km’s serviced. The service guy said it’ll take a day or so, because of the necessary manual changes, inspaction and three critical software updates.

Had a call from them Friday afternoon, that the software of the car crashed during the updates and they won’t be able to recover it. So I have to wait untill Monday when the Skoda factory connects and gets the job done. (guess updates it directly or so)

I’m just curious, has anyone experienced the same or it is a unique situation?

4 says without the car unexpected..

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sneal said:

Good to know, thanks for the update.

The change in device part number suggests a hardware swap in the infotainment system as well as software updates. Have you noticed any difference?

Noone said anything about changing hw parts. Only sw update from factory.

Everything feels the same. Only differences I noticed:

- Seat heaters (finally) automatically start heating when I start the car in cold days. (Had the option before, but wasn’t working)

- Temp. contol buttons, and also seat heaters looks just a bit different (wider red horisontal lines)

..and that’s all.

Oh, almost forgot. I’m unable to delete 2 shop notifications now. 😅

Edited by mr44
  • Thanks 1

• Sponsor
On 04/02/2022 at 17:49, mr44 said:

Hello happy Skoda owners!

(Great amount of the ppl already left.. 🙃)

Just had an appintment for today’s morning (Friday) to have my Octavia 30.000 km’s serviced. The service guy said it’ll take a day or so, because of the necessary manual changes, inspaction and three critical software updates.

Had a call from them Friday afternoon, that the software of the car crashed during the updates and they won’t be able to recover it. So I have to wait untill Monday when the Skoda factory connects and gets the job done. (guess updates it directly or so)

I’m just curious, has anyone experienced the same or it is a unique situation?

4 says without the car unexpected..

This can happen with updates, it happened with our Formentor prior to collecting 

They'll get it sorted, dealers are just limited as to what they can do without support from further up the pyramid 

• Like 1

• Sponsor
19 hours ago, sneal said:

Good to know, thanks for the update.

The change in device part number suggests a hardware swap in the infotainment system as well as software updates. Have you noticed any difference?

No hardware change, the newer software changes the hardware number 

It's now changed from the older 16xx SW train, to 18xx 

Without this specific update, it was impossible to update from 16xx to 18xx

(The below is true for the rest of the brand's, haven't checked with Skoda)

Vehicles on 16xx can't have wireless android auto (they can have wireless carplay). They also don't display the HVAC settings when using Full Link 

It's unlikely it's the infotainment update that failed as they'd either have been able to sort it themselves when it went into emergency download mode or it would be completely dead, it'll have been one of the many other control units within the vehicle. 

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits
  • Thanks 1

When mine went in for the updates it took 2 and a half days. They changed some Hardware but the main issue was the software update which crashed on mine too at the dealer. Something about if it loses data connection or the car switches off halfway through the update it can block the car or not update correctly and it has to be started again. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mr44 said:

..oh wait 

😅

BSOD (blue screen of death - for the Win98/XP nostalgic) - that's what was missing from Octy's mk4 software...

...both virtual cockpit and multimedia at the same time - that would be the cherry-on-top!!!

Someone should add it to the suggestion list of the IT division @Skoda... Time is not lost - they can add it once they launch the mk4.5

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Someone should add it to the suggestion list of the IT division @Skoda... Time is not lost - they can add it once they launch the mk4.5

As usual Audi get first dibs at new features, followed by VW then SEAT and Skoda a long time later.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vag-com-discussion-51/new-q3-mib3-fatal-error-3010951/

kakaotalk_20210118_150126554_01_9d57d0c1fc940711987d97bdef18ca3af471437e.jpg.1cb23d598a160a02bba878d659298ebf.jpg

• Haha 2