Wireless Carplay not working

1 minute ago, Mattster21 said:

Thanks @Pettsson for the update. So was this a problem they were aware of?

The technician informed me it might be a problem when I got the car but that they had other deliveries that the WiFi was working or started working after a few days. They only informed due to other customers having issues. When the dealer asked skoda they didn't get any answers...

For me it still is not working and first they just asked me to wait and see if it would resolve by itself.

Now finally I got a time for them to see if the update works and to do some diagnostics if needed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 10:35, Mattster21 said:

Thanks - please do keep us posted on here! I really need to get mine booked in as well.

I have gotten my car back from the dealer.

Reading from the log:

They did a check and found errors in the software. This lead to some kind of software configuration according to the TPI 2066197.

After that a software update.

Now the WiFi is available in the settings menu and I can both use carplay and Android auto wireless.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pettsson said:

I have gotten my car back from the dealer.

Reading from the log:

They did a check and found errors in the software. This lead to some kind of software configuration according to the TPI 2066197.

After that a software update.

Now the WiFi is available in the settings menu and I can both use carplay and Android auto wireless.

I experience severe lag using wireless Carplay and my phone (iphone XS) heats up significantly due to the wireless charging(don’t know if it’s just me), so in my case all the drama was unnecessary because in the end I use Carplay wired. My phone charges faster, doesn’t heat up as much, no lag, etc.

1 hour ago, Zhivkov00 said:

I experience severe lag using wireless Carplay and my phone (iphone XS) heats up significantly due to the wireless charging(don’t know if it’s just me), so in my case all the drama was unnecessary because in the end I use Carplay wired. My phone charges faster, doesn’t heat up as much, no lag, etc.

My iPhone XR heats up significantly with CarPlay and wireless charging, it’s usually streaming audio too; and yes, it is slow to charge, faster if wired.

No lag issues with wireless CarPlay though.

My Apple CarPlay wireless (not using the usb cable) did work but has now stopped working.

The Skoda Superb iV was brand new in November 2021.
Others in this thread seem to have had issues with Skoda factory possibly not fitting the chips or not correctly enabling the software but as mine did work and has now stopped working I cant tell if it is an iPhone 13 Pro Max settings issue or a setting on the car.
Could a car setting have been changed by a background, over the air software update whilst it has been sat on my drive?

Can anyone point me at step by step instructions for connecting iPhone 13 to the car via wireless CarPlay?

I have deleted phone from car and "forgotten this device" (the car) on the phone. Then connected with a USB cable, CarPlay works, but when trying to get the handshake between CarPlay and phone without the cable I keep getting he Could Not Connect message.

I can connect over Bluetooth and I have purchased an eSim Data package (original had expired) but still not having any success.

All ideas welcomed

3 hours ago, Baffy said:

My Apple CarPlay wireless (not using the usb cable) did work but has now stopped working.

The Skoda Superb iV was brand new in November 2021.
Others in this thread seem to have had issues with Skoda factory possibly not fitting the chips or not correctly enabling the software but as mine did work and has now stopped working I cant tell if it is an iPhone 13 Pro Max settings issue or a setting on the car.
Could a car setting have been changed by a background, over the air software update whilst it has been sat on my drive?

Can anyone point me at step by step instructions for connecting iPhone 13 to the car via wireless CarPlay?

I have deleted phone from car and "forgotten this device" (the car) on the phone. Then connected with a USB cable, CarPlay works, but when trying to get the handshake between CarPlay and phone without the cable I keep getting he Could Not Connect message.

I can connect over Bluetooth and I have purchased an eSim Data package (original had expired) but still not having any success.

All ideas welcomed

CarPlay needs both a WiFi and Bluetooth connection to fully function; ensure both are enabled in the car and initiate the connection from the car not the phone.

Hi Guys, Jim from New Zealand here, just got my Octavia today and I am having the same issue. wifi can not be turn on and I tried factory reset the unit but still no luck.

I will bring the car back to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can do. will keep you all updated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2022 at 16:44, sneal said:

CarPlay needs both a WiFi and Bluetooth connection to fully function; ensure both are enabled in the car and initiate the connection from the car not the phone.

Thanks, This helped and it’s now working. The bit I was missing was even though WiFi on car was enabled the phone wasn’t picking up the car’s WiFi connection point. Once I actively made phone connect to the car WiFi (the Bluetooth was already connecting automatically) it all started working properly again.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 17:39, Adi26 said:

@nzjim do you update your car? Is working?😃

Hi Mate, still no luck here, but my dealer trying hard on one of their demo car... hopefully they can fix it in the next few days.

Update I got from dealer here....

"Just thought I’d pop you an email, as I mentioned the other day the workshop is working hard on this and it’s going up the chain to head office at Skoda NZ. At this stage we’re just going to have to sit tight and wait to see how it all unfolds"

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem with a swing radio in an Octavia Ambition/20 , took it to the dealer every other week since October, and last month I've left the car there for 2 weeks.

All the operations they made were online with the factory, Fw updates, 2 radio changes, and in the end, the factory answer was that the car is no supposed to have wireless carplay.

However every time I start the car, the radio tries to connect to the iPhone via wireless, but because the wifi on the radio isn't working, aborts and the iPhone gives an error saying the accessory is not compatible.

If the radio is not supposed to have wifi, then it should not try to connect wirelessly.

I don't know what to do next...

• 4 weeks later...

I had mine wireless disabled from factory too (22 vRS). Got car to the dealer for oil change and asked to enable it. They have admited, that it was disabled from the factory by some sort of a mistake. They have enabled it and it works now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/07/2022 at 02:43, TomTom88 said:

I had mine wireless disabled from factory too (22 vRS). Got car to the dealer for oil change and asked to enable it. They have admited, that it was disabled from the factory by some sort of a mistake. They have enabled it and it works now. 

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the information, glad they fixed your car, could I ask you a big favor, Is there any chance you can ask your dealer how did they fix it? I am still waiting for reply from NZ Skoda, they still dont know how to fix it...

Cheers

7 minutes ago, nzjim said:

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the information, glad they fixed your car, could I ask you a big favor, Is there any chance you can ask your dealer how did they fix it? I am still waiting for reply from NZ Skoda, they still dont know how to fix it...

Cheers

They said they updated infotainment. But i call that bull, cuz software number was left the same. I suppose they just enabled it system with some sort of vcds or whatever tool they use. 

• 1 month later...

On 02/04/2022 at 08:49, Adi26 said:

Hi,

I have the same problem with a Octavia 2022 with Swing infotainment.

Carplay works fine with cable.When i try it on wireless apear the skoda wifi on the screen but i can not connect.. 
I can't actually check that border (circled in red in the picture)

Any advices?

57257E58-AB41-4760-8CD8-FE5C19628F62.jpeg

670A2BB6-B3A6-4057-86C6-D31F44CD101B.jpeg

Hello. How do you make that screen to appear on Swing unit? I also have Swing (romania) but I dont't have that screen.

Thanks!

Edited by alexxutzu