Locking/Unlocking with key without remote control

chiku

Hello everyone.

I have a Fabia HTP (MK2) and my model has key without remote control.

Currently I am not able to lock/unlock the car from the locking cylinder of the driver's door. When I insert the key & turn it, the key rotates like normal but does not lock/unlock.

I am only able to lock/unlock the car from the locking cylinder of the passenger's door.

Please help me to find the solution. 

Think that this will be a dismantle job to see what is happening. Does the key rotate left and right in the lock with the same angular movement as the passenger door.

lock cylinder sets - Fabia(FAB) [EUROPA 2012 year] (7zap.com)

The link may not exactly match your car but should be a starting point to components fitted.

Skoda Workshop Manuals > Fabia Mk2 > Body > Body Work > Front door, central locking > Front door > Removing and installing the lock cylinder housing (workshop-manuals.com)

Skoda Workshop Manuals > Fabia Mk2 > Body > Body Work > Front door, central locking > Front door > Summary of components of door handle and door lock (workshop-manuals.com)

Edited by KeithCheetham
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update-Issue has been resolved (Temporarily) .

It turns out that Front part of my locking cylinder was broken which looks like

126.thumb.JPG.e46c0211712b71bf334bf3e4bb6b435c.JPG122.thumb.JPG.bc3d746b1681a368e490cb9436a1ad41.JPG

While brand new looks like-

new1.jpg.4210654ddf7a10b905c3dfa0346b3ebc.jpg

The part was not available, so I just interchanged the locking cylinder with the passenger side door (Which was working).

Will replace the lock when the part is in stock.

Thanks for help.

2 hours ago, chiku said:

Update-Issue has been resolved (Temporarily) .

It turns out that Front part of my locking cylinder was broken which looks like

To do that much damage, either barrel rotates too much with key (key angular rotation position greater than required by lock) or lock mechanism stiff so suggest lubricating lock mechanism, and putting repair kit into passenger side side while leaving passenger side barrel in drivers door - this will have had much less use and as such will have less wear. May sound obvious, but there will be a cause behind the damage that needs identifying to totally resolve issue. 

• Like 2