Superb 272 Tuning Thread / JB4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 10:57, Legion said:

Anyone gone through the process of running the cable from the OBD port to the battery location?

Any tips? 

Remove this rubber plug.

Run a stiff wire through the hole, it will pop up behind the battery or next to it.

Tie or tape the the OBD wire to it and pull back from the foot well.

IMG_20220312_154613.thumb.jpg.2018191c42da36d9ed6f2445eb7525bb.jpg

IMG_20220312_160436.jpg

IMG_20220312_160015.jpg

Edited by RedLineZ
missing words

On 22/02/2022 at 20:55, UndertheRadar said:

That wouldn’t involve an uprated turbo to achieve those figures. 

It should, if you don't want the big clouds of white smoke behind you that I had this morning..

On 13/03/2022 at 20:39, RedLineZ said:

Remove this rubber plug.

Run a stiff wire through the hole, it will pop up behind the battery or next to it.

Tie or tape the the OBD wire to it and pull back from the foot well.

I hope you put the bung back in and sealed the wires to it. Good chance you could end up with a wet foot well or a whistling noise through the open hole

19 hours ago, Donweather said:

Can I ask what MY you have?  I’ve heard the MY21 ECU is hard to crack. 

Mine is a late 18 but MY 19 I believe tvs have cracked the later model ecu and tcu. I know they have defo done a 2020 car recently 

So remap done today. By clp tuning in Sheffield. Tvs ecu stge2 and tcu 2+
will post up pics and a vid later…… 360bhp BUT 530nm of torque. That makes a huge difference. 0-60 mid 4’s and here’s the big one.. 60-120 under 12 seconds. At least 80hp gain from 3k onward right through 

and 42mpg on the 120 mile journey home 

Edited by Esseesse200
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

will post up pics and a vid later…… 360bhp BUT 530nm of torque. That makes a huge difference. 0-60 mid 4’s and here’s the big one.. 60-120 under 12 seconds. At least 80hp gain from 3k onward right through 

Nice!!  Are these dyno figures from your car or TVS claimed figures?

On 15/03/2022 at 20:59, ApertureS said:

I hope you put the bung back in and sealed the wires to it. Good chance you could end up with a wet foot well or a whistling noise through the open hole

Nice of you to point out but i drove like this for 4 years in another VAG car and no problems. There is no water going on the back of the firewall, especially not that high up.

Maybe if you drive through a pool :D

But yeah, ideally you make a hole in it and put it back, i just put it back and let the wires rest on the top. I don't like cutting and poking holes in OEM stuff ;)

Edited by RedLineZ

19 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

Dyno figures. 

448EDEB4-0C28-45BC-9AC5-0164A2790DB1.jpeg

Impressive especially given their stock dyno runs match OEM pretty spot on too (meaning dyno is reasonably accurate). I would have thought with 530Nm of torque and 260kW of power you’d be getting better than mid 4’s for 0-60. Low 4’s would have been my expectation. But I’m not complaining. 

3 hours ago, Donweather said:

Impressive especially given their stock dyno runs match OEM pretty spot on too (meaning dyno is reasonably accurate). I would have thought with 530Nm of torque and 260kW of power you’d be getting better than mid 4’s for 0-60. Low 4’s would have been my expectation. But I’m not complaining. 

It probs is low 4’s I haven’t really done a proper time yet. Was just counting in my head. Il do some proper times in a bit. but the power is relentless right through. We’ll impressed. Yep their sun appears to be spot on accurate too. 

3 hours ago, Donweather said:

Just found this. Very interesting indeed. Appears that stock TCU is the fastest!!  TVS launch control doesn’t look good at all. But could be a lot of wheel

spin launching given it’s only a GTI. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9ebPhf-EY

I would defo think loads of wheel spin is the issue here. Certainly no bogging down with the 4x4. The lower rev launch is insane. Revs sit at around 3.5k so when it goes it’s right in the high torque band 

On 19/03/2022 at 02:35, Donweather said:

Done a 60-120 today. I will try again tomorrow to confirm but.. under 11 seconds. So I would think 15 secs 0-120 which is bloody impressive in my book 

On 27/02/2022 at 11:15, RedLineZ said:

Revo Stage 2 for comparison :

Something is not right, we need to post our own findings.

STOCK SUPERB MK3 + JB4 MAP 2 = ????

Go pro on chest mount…in Germany before anyone asks !! 👍🏻 It’s bloody quick total vid length 12 secs 

Edited by Esseesse200

• 1 month later...
On 17/03/2022 at 16:54, Esseesse200 said:

Hello there, I've got a 2019 272 and wanted to remap it. Having read the thread on here I liked the sound of the TVS stage 2 and TVS 2+ that you referred to.

Trouble is I'm in Kent so I looked for a TVS agent down here and phoned Bognor Motors Vehicle Solutions, obviously in Bognor Regis! The fella there said they'll do a Revo engine stage 1 (?) map and the TVS 2+ on the gearbox for effectively £1000.

Would you be happy to divulge what you paid at clp tuning? Really so I can get an idea if what I should be paying.

Interestingly, he also said that I should run three thankfuls of Tesco Momentum or Shell Vmax through it before it comes in and then run it solely on one of these thereafter.

Any input gratefully received.

On 12/05/2022 at 15:48, Marcoramius said:

Hello there, I've got a 2019 272 and wanted to remap it. Having read the thread on here I liked the sound of the TVS stage 2 and TVS 2+ that you referred to.

Trouble is I'm in Kent so I looked for a TVS agent down here and phoned Bognor Motors Vehicle Solutions, obviously in Bognor Regis! The fella there said they'll do a Revo engine stage 1 (?) map and the TVS 2+ on the gearbox for effectively £1000.

Would you be happy to divulge what you paid at clp tuning? Really so I can get an idea if what I should be paying.

Interestingly, he also said that I should run three thankfuls of Tesco Momentum or Shell Vmax through it before it comes in and then run it solely on one of these thereafter.

Revo do a dsg map as well to match their engine software. They did have a deal if you had them both done together which was £200 off the gearbox software. 

On 12/05/2022 at 15:48, Marcoramius said:

The tvs box map is fantastic and couple it with either a racingline, tvs or revo map would be absolutely spot on. 
price of a 1000 is about what you’ll pay for a combo. 
yes the tvs map can be written to run 97,98,or 99 octane fuel. But most figures you’ll see quoted by the tuners will all be on premium 99 fuel. 
momentum, vpower, esso supreme, etc