Skoda Warranty Uk

Where is the best place to contact Skoda UK customer service , was at the dealership today to try and claim for a rear brake disc that is warped the car had 8k when the problem occurred now 12k due to dealer not doing warranty work in favour of full payment customers, the dealer is saying it is wear and tear and I cannot claim for it , my point is there is minimal wear on the disc so I am wishing to claim a manufacture defect for this fault your thoughts please , I work in the motor trade as a mot tester and would currently fail this car for excessive fluctuation if presented for a test 2020 (70 plate) do I fight it or fit new pads and discs myself...its the principal 

Edited by Hutchy36
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Customer Service at Skoda is dire, and frankly often dishonest. I've had a warranty issue (connectivity on an iV) with them for six weeks, and they can't seem to do anything, except repeatedly ask me to check if its better. When I bought the car, there was an offer on Superb. But they didn't want to pay on iV, to they claimed it wasn't a Superb, despite being on the Superb sales page, and the word on the boot! Took effort but I won.

2 hours ago, Hutchy36 said:

5mm 

I think you might struggle, if they were brand new or near enough you’d probably be able to argue it, they’ll just blame it on hard use or user error

@Hutchy36  Is it Hendrys you are going to, or Park's or An Other ?

See @BoxerBoy's posts

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/477410-scored-rear-brake-discs

Again. post 8th February. @BoxerBoy

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/499193-70-plate-kodiaq-rear-discs-and-pads-needed-do-you-think-this-is-reasonable-replacement-discs-pads

Edited by roottoot

43 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Add to that how lots of "warped brake discs" are actually resin deposits on the discs from the foot brake being held on unnecessarily...

I made an observation in another thread, that the number of people who seem to have warped discs on this forum is phenomenally high. 

• Like 1

I think by now and the nimber of threads and posts its accepted that the rear discs on Superb 3 are materially rubbish. So much so that apparently there's a TPI issued about it as reported by someone else. Basically saying that Skoda has acknowledged a supplier issue and supposedly resolved on later cars. I don't know the content of this alleged TPI, but if true then I think Skoda are more open to warranty claims.

IMO, going to an independent with instructions to fit your preferred brand (e.g. Brembo) is something I would rather do than fight yet again with my dealer.

Or actually have the dealership get the Area Warranty Manager in and the discs can be checked if warped and get replaced if a fair warranty claim then next time spend your own money if needs must.    The issues are known.   The dealership might even have warranty claims on sales cars, the staff certainly would  on their or family members cars. 

Area Warranty manager sounds a good idea , I can buy and fit a new set if needed but it's the principal that I am feeling cheated , I am a mechanic still on the tools , with full diagnostic and remapping equipment 

Been onto dealer this morning for disc a pad measurements front 10% and rear are 20% pitted and scored, now contacted Skoda UK with these issues and they have forwarded it to there goodwill section to be considered, dealer cannot connect me with a skoda area warranty manager to inspect or discuss this issue I will of course let you know the outcome of this nonsense thanks for all the replies guys 

7 hours ago, Hutchy36 said:

When did percentages come in over good old millimetres what a joke 

Makes much more sense, different pads will all come at different thicknesses, some porsche pads are brand new at 4mm. Percentages gives a much more accurate wear indicator than saying 3mm worn, on the porsche thats 75% worn, on a skoda superb that could only be 30% worn

Hopefully your goodwill gesture comes through. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well Skoda UK finally got back to me today , Warranty claim has been rejected after me sending photographs and a brake test report , due to environmental and weathering conditions , and I refused to take it to Henry's to be re-assessed , drop the car off for another day , just too much hassle to be honest also rejected £50 voucher towards service repairs , no longer trust the dealer and the way they carry out there business and I am more than capable of sorting any issue I may have with the car in future 

So ordered a new set of brembo rear discs £24.82 +vat each and Brembo rear pads £22.18 + vat , guess I'll be working a bit longer tomorrow and get them fitted ending this saga , poor show by Skoda and Arnold Clark Linwood