Superb facelift conversion

Hi guys and girls, Most probably the subject was discussed in parts, before but I was wondering if anyone managed to do a facelift conversion on a pre facelift MK3 superb. I had a little accident and I gotta buy most of the front end so I was hopping to take advantage. What are your thoughts?

It is doable, and there is a company (in Europe) that offers this conversion.

They also do rear facelift conversions too.

I forgot the name/link.

For the front, u'll obviously need a FL bumper, FL Headlights, FL Foglights, FL grille, and other associated hardware brackets.

I'd imagine the wiring harness would b different.

U'll definitely need coding done and a new parameter file uploaded.

If u don't currently have SLA headlights, then u'll need different LCMs (light control modules).

Doable..... but there is a lot involved.

Won't b plug n play.

Edited by JR RS

So I know about most hardware like bumper with everything in it and headlights plus the built in camera as the matrix headlights are working with the camera. Not sure what SLA headlights are but I presume it must be the adaptive headlights which I do have as I’ve got the se L executive version. What I was hopping is to find someone or a company in uk that is willing to do the coding and (if wiring is different) the wiring.

SLA headlights r the Xenon version of the Matrix LED headlights.

in other words, SLA headlights does the masking/shaping of the high beams, avoiding on-coming traffic. unlike Matrix LED, SLA uses special rollers to shape the beam.

u'll know if u have SLA if ur headlights does this specific dance pattern, in the video below.

or if u lift the bonnet & check the physical part number on the headlights themselves.  if it ends with "B", then u have SLA headlights.

there r two types of Bi-Xenons - normal and SLA versions.

as for who does it - these guys do it - Auto-prestavby  they're based in CZ.

there is a discussion here that talks about it. - 

Thanks a lot for the info bro, I really appreciate this. Yes, unfortunately I’ve got the standard A version of the xenon, but I don’t mind replacing the LCM as I had a feeling there’s gonna be some computers that I will have to replace, like the gateway as I’ve got the 5q0 one, might be unrelated, I don’t know and probably the BCM as well, so no problem with that. I’m just a little worried about the wiring and of course the coding.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Can't view the videos. 😕

Also, in ur pic, the headlights r not aligned to each other.

The left one is way off!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, numskull said:

Wow - that’s some work there!
So, where did you get the work undertaken? You had the virtual cockpit and steering wheel fitted too? C’mon then… how much? 😳

My guess is new capacitive steering wheel and a lot of newer 2q0 modules like a5 camera, radar, bcm, gateway.

if you’re fitting the new camera you need the new steering wheel for a lot of features 

9 hours ago, ApertureS said:

My guess is new capacitive steering wheel and a lot of newer 2q0 modules like a5 camera, radar, bcm, gateway.

if you’re fitting the new camera you need the new steering wheel for a lot of features 

Interesting. What additional features come with these new modules and wheel then? 

4 hours ago, gsmdo said:

Videos work fine for me

Yup, me too.

2 hours ago, numskull said:

Interesting. What additional features come with these new modules and wheel then? 

Capacitive touch steering wheel meaning no need to nudge it every 12 seconds. You also get 2Q0 camera which is the big upgrade, full Travel Assist package as well as full led matrix headlamps.

12 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Capacitive touch steering wheel meaning no need to nudge it every 12 seconds

Ahhhh, thanks, AS. So that’s for Lane Assist? I must admit, I’d love LED headlights, however I suspect a Xenon bulb upgrade would be a big help. 

5 hours ago, Patent said:

I've just noticed the steering wheel now has a button presumably to switch from ACC to limiter. That's one of the annoyances of my current car, having to go into the assist menu 

That one enables Travel Assist (lane centering at all speeds).

22 hours ago, Patent said:

I've just noticed the steering wheel now has a button presumably to switch from ACC to limiter. That's one of the annoyances of my current car, having to go into the assist menu 

You know there is a button on the mk3 (non FL) ACC stalk to switch between ACC and limiter?