2021 Fabia - Do I need a Hex-V2 cable?

Brimma

Attempted to do a scan with Hex-USB+CAN lead on my 21 plate Fabia and appear to get a very limited list of groups, with "Unsupported vehicle.Please upgrade to a current Ross-Tech interface" (see attached scan image)

Can I take it that I would get a more comprehensive list if I upgraded to a Hex-V2 cable. I would be grateful to know the answer before splashing out on a new cable

All advice and assistance gratefully received

VCDS Scan.jpg

@Brimma a 2021 Fabia should be compatible with either a HEX-V2 or HEX-NET. The former is cheaper and the 10-Vin package tends to represent best value for money depending how you intend to use it.

@Johngerard - a HEX-USB+CAN should have been perfect for a 2010 Golf (MK5/Mk6). It even worked with early MK7 Golfs without issue...

From Rosstech regarding the HEX-USB+CAN:

This interface works with all diagnostic-capable VW, Audi, Seat, and Skoda models from 1990 through 2015. It does NOT fully support the following vehicles:

• 2016+ Audi Q7 (Rest-of-World) Chassis 4M (2017+ North American Region chassis F7)
  • 2016+ Audi A4 B9 (Rest-of-World) chassis 8W (2017+ North American Region chassis F4).
  • 2017+ models (including all MQB-A0 cars such as the SEAT Ibiza KJ)
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, langers2k said:

@Brimma a 2021 Fabia should be compatible with either a HEX-V2 or HEX-NET. The former is cheaper and the 10-Vin package tends to represent best value for money depending how you intend to use it.

@Johngerard - a HEX-USB+CAN should have been perfect for a 2010 Golf (MK5/Mk6). It even worked with early MK7 Golfs without issue...

From Rosstech regarding the HEX-USB+CAN:

Apoligies, correct, the hex+usb did work on this 2010 car, (it was on a neighbours 2020 Golf that it didn't) ,  as I didn't purchase the hex-v2 until 2020, 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2022 at 07:15, StevesTruck said:

Looks that way. Mines the current model if you want to try it before you buy one? I work in Lincoln.

Thanks, that's a really generous offer, but I've decided to buy a lead from Gendan, then I can have a play trying to swap my steering wheel at the weekend 👍

On 22/03/2022 at 23:22, Brimma said:

Thanks, that's a really generous offer, but I've decided to buy a lead from Gendan, then I can have a play trying to swap my steering wheel at the weekend 👍

If you've not bought one already I'm selling mine

6 hours ago, SimonD316 said:

If you've not bought one already I'm selling mine

It arrived yesterday, but I'm sure yours won't hang around long 👍

• 2 months later...
On 21/03/2022 at 02:51, Brimma said:

Attempted to do a scan with Hex-USB+CAN lead on my 21 plate Fabia and appear to get a very limited list of groups, with "Unsupported vehicle.Please upgrade to a current Ross-Tech interface" (see attached scan image)

Can I take it that I would get a more comprehensive list if I upgraded to a Hex-V2 cable. I would be grateful to know the answer before splashing out on a new cable

All advice and assistance gratefully received

VCDS Scan.jpg

Hi, please, have you bought the new origo cable HEX V2 ? has that solved the problem with the unsupported vehicle message ? I have the same problem on a Fabia IV year 2022, the units load but the message about unsupported vehicle is everywhere, but it is an older version of the HEX-CAN cable..

2.jpg

On 10/06/2022 at 14:49, ski1961 said:

Hi, please, have you bought the new origo cable HEX V2 ? has that solved the problem with the unsupported vehicle message ? I have the same problem on a Fabia IV year 2022, the units load but the message about unsupported vehicle is everywhere, but it is an older version of the HEX-CAN cable..

2.jpg

The HEX-CAN cannot have its firmware updated to fully decode the longer CAN bus messages on newer cars.

Both the HEX-V2 and HEX-NET fully support newer vehicles so this problem is solved with them.

• Thanks 1