Last job on list.

1 hour ago, DieselMonte said:

When I did my bushes I put the Wishbones into the consoles and put that into the subframe

That might be your solution here then Stewart, 'cos that way you can get a better angle to start them going in, without the subframe in the way, by the look of it.

Just be aware that front alignment will be affected if the consoles don't get refitted to the chassis in the same position as they were when they came off.

There's 5mm of slop in the two mounting holes of each console-to-chassis.

I assembled mine on the bench that way, but iirc when I removed the old ones I had to remove one stuck to the console. 

If it can be removed like that then it stands to reason it can go in that way.

Found a pic of it in my project thread.

That's how it came out of the car.

20220517_184425.thumb.jpg.d2e1b599aaa3bfa728b3f92e7251e14e.jpg.d4cbba797f76a20f63e943f606399ea6.jpg

Good quality washing up liquid is extremely slippery. You could try some of that on the pins. I've previously used it with good results.

Yeah tried the washing up liquid I was using silicon spray as well slippy as chit lol I've got a heavy duty ratchet strap coming tomorrow hopefully that will give it the extra force it needs I dont really want to go down the route of stripping out subframe if possible.