The Fabled March 31st fix all

Yes, I can confirm for the first time my long run went without a hitch with the ACC!! Fingers crossed its permanent fix.... Synch on the climate wont remember at all but I can live with that, its great to finally have the ACC working properly....  I hope!

• Like 1

Mine went into the dealer again yesterday and I've now been told that there are no software updates for my car as the head unit (B I think) has the most up to date software for it and it won't accept any of the new software fixes. Therefore I need the unit replaced, just waiting for a date they can do that. Hopefully that won't take long and will finally sort all the issues.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

rubbish infotainment system. 

Yeah, nowhere near as good as the VAG infotainment and all it's bugs and crashes and plain shyte programming, that they can't even fix 18months down the line. Yeah nowhere near as good. 🤯

I've had two Kia and both were 💩.

Delamination of wheels, split seats, a DAB radio that would stop the sat nav, a sat nav that sent me around and around in circles and instead of taking me where I wanted to go, took me right back to square one. Sat nav that cost me £90 a pop to update. 

A radio that wouldn't store my favourite stations. But would auto tune to the twaddle like Radios 1 and 3!

Poor handling, fuel consumption that make an alcoholic look like a tee totaler. Auto park that couldn't park in a space without leaving a good 8-10" gap between the car and the kerb, headlights that would be outshone by an LED torch and customer service that makes Putin and other despots seem likeable. 

Edited by TheWanderer

6 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I've had two Kia and both were 💩.

Delamination of wheels, split seats, a DAB radio that would stop the sat nav, a sat nav that sent me around and around in circles and instead of taking me where I wanted to go, took me right back to square one. Sat nav that cost me £90 a pop to update. 

A radio that wouldn't store my favourite stations. But would auto tune to the twaddle like Radios 1 and 3!

Poor handling, fuel consumption that make an alcoholic look like a tee totaler. Auto park that couldn't park in a space without leaving a good 8-10" gap between the car and the kerb, headlights that would be outshone by an LED torch and customer service that makes Putin and other despots seem likeable. 

I bet the Sth Korean brands are rubbing their hands at the state of the production of cars in Europe. From what i have seen and watched the brands have really stepped their game from cheap far east crap to some premium offerings. Audi are scaling back their materials in their cockpits , reverting to older chips , stopping production of certain lines. Want a Germanic branded car , how does Xmas 23 sound?

14 minutes ago, Greezy56 said:

I bet the Sth Korean brands are rubbing their hands at the state of the production of cars in Europe. From what i have seen and watched the brands have really stepped their game from cheap far east crap to some premium offerings. Audi are scaling back their materials in their cockpits , reverting to older chips , stopping production of certain lines. Want a Germanic branded car , how does Xmas 23 sound?

Well if you love the Korean crap then, buy one and go to the Kia Owners Club, I found it is a sterile place which is a bit like North Korea... Any sort of humour or dissenting voices and you get banned. Very much a woke brigade place, where it's easy to get cancelled. 

You won't change my opinion on Kia and its cars. Awful engines, Awful gearboxes, awful economy. And a customer service team who make the North Koreans seem nice.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Well if you love the Korean crap then, buy one and go to the Kia Owners Club, I found it is a sterile place which is a bit like North Korea... Any sort of humour or dissenting voices and you get banned. Very much a woke brigade place, where it's easy to get cancelled. 

You won't change my opinion on Kia and its cars. Awful engines, Awful gearboxes, awful economy. And a customer service team who make the North Koreans seem nice.

Your Op , but i havent heard anything on their forums of F'd up software, dangerous characteristics. Look at the media , Hyundia Tucson won every prize , Sportage the same . I don't stand woke , I'm buying a product that should be what it says it is. When you say crap my Octy VRS has been the worst experience of a new car. As a company driver , i have always had a new car every 3 years for the last 15 years. I never complained once in all of the cars i received till this.  

On 05/05/2022 at 17:02, TheWanderer said:

Sat nav that cost me £90 a pop to update.

At the risk of staying OT, I went to see the Kia Soul EV launch event today and was told that map updates are free (for 7 years?)

My other VAG car (Cupra) also costs to update but I've never felt the need to use anything other than Google Maps for RTT navigation.

9 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Let me get me violin 🎻 .

If you want to start a thread about how bad (you perceive) that Kia cars are then please feel free to do so in a more appropriate section. 👍

• Like 2

On 25/04/2022 at 16:45, Outlook said:

My car also had the oil sensor fault  the next time I used the car it was ok 

Have had it as well ‘oil temp sensor faulty’ cleared after stopping and restarting. Was with dealer couldn’t find it no surprise there. D H56 1803 other usual problems sat nav acc etc

13 hours ago, AnBear said:

Have had it as well ‘oil temp sensor faulty’ cleared after stopping and restarting. Was with dealer couldn’t find it no surprise there. D H56 1803 other usual problems sat nav acc etc

Mine was fixed by a software update apparently, It came on twice in 3 weeks, same as you it went off after shutting down and re-starting. Not seen again since software fix for the ACC.