Breaking news PM and Chancellor getting fines!

Something else they have in common. 

Another being that they both had to pay taxes to the USA on money earned even not in the USA until they eventually decided they were going to have to keep paying and they were not going to reside permanently in the USA but being British Politicians popping back and fore when ever would be dead easy.

Then there is that they both require the Ethics Adviser to look into stuff that they did and clear them after a period of time about personal finance issues & stuff that most people know themselves if they have done right or wrong. 

Edited by roottoot

But Boris said repeatedly that no rules were broken.

Does this mean that in the eyes of the law, Boris is a massive ******* liar?*

*He is. He's lied to the House, to the public and to the press. The Ministerial Code says he should resign so go on then, off you pop.

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

Edited by cheezemonkhai
bypassing swear filter
  • Like 2

Whatever events the honourable gentlemen are being fined for attending had to be organised by someone as they were not just spontaneous when there are invites and catering & they are held on the day of special occasions.

That hopefully means that the organiser or organisers are having to pay the size of fines that other organisers of events breaking lockdown regulations had to. 

Senior or Junior Civil Servants, politicians spouse or whoever that might be.

• Like 2

1st December 2021

“What I can tell the right honourable and learned gentleman is that all guidance was followed completely in No 10.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/apr/03/fines-issued-over-downing-street-party-the-night-before-philips-funeral

7th December 2021

All the guidelines were observed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59563762

8th December 2021

I apologise for the impression that has been given that staff in Downing Street take this less than seriously. I am sickened myself and furious about that, but I repeat what I have said to him

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2021-12-08/debates/DB36FDA8-C784-4AEE-8D0C-F95FBB5345E9/Engagements

13th December 2021

I can tell you once again that I certainly broke no rules … all that is being looked into.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59638491

20th December 2021

Those were people at work, talking about work. I have said what I have to say about that

https://news.sky.com/video/boris-johnson-on-leaked-photo-those-were-people-at-work-talking-about-work-12501008

Etc, etc
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/11/seven-occasions-when-boris-johnson-denied-no-10-broke-covid-rules

Rishi 'two snacks' Sunak, 7th December 2021;

So we have a liar in Number Ten and a liar in Number Eleven. Rather extraordinary. They should both go. Rishi might even get his green card back if he's handed it in and Johnson could reapply for his US citizenship and they can party with Lord Lebedev of Hampton and Siberia at Sunaks gaff in Santa Monica.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

He is untouchable whilst the war is going on. Talk about a charmed life. 

The French are having an election. That's no excuse IMO.
Neville Chamberlain was PM from 1937 to 1940; Churchill then took over. In the middle of an actual war the UK was directly involved in.
This 'oh but we can't change PM because of Ukraine' it utter horse 💩

This is good by Robert Peston
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1513874044877221888.html

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, roottoot said:

It is easy to see how someone that can speak 5 languages would not understand that a Birthday Party with a Birthday Cake does not mean you were at a party and it was a party for you. 

277791171_511380717033054_5356456464211125500_n.jpg

• Haha 4

Pippa Crerar of the Mirror has, amongst others, pointed out that the Met are handing out fines on a case by case basis. Johnson was, allegedly, in attendance at no fewer than six parties so there could be another five fines coming his way. 

Also this...

• Like 1

Blog piece by Alastair Campbell

Right, let’s have the four by-elections on the same day, can we?

Wakefield, for the seat that has to be vacated by the child sex abuser.

Somerton and Frome, to find a replacement for the Russian-oligarch-funded dandruff-snorter. 

Richmond, so that the thin-skinned, law-breaking, tax-efficient, multi-millionaire hedge fund Chancellor can collect his green card and go earn more millions in the States.

And Uxbridge where the lying, law-breaking charlatan who has disgraced the highest elected office in the land, and dragged the reputation of the country ever downwards, can go back to lying for newspapers and making people laugh in after dinner speeches and give the government of the country back to grown-ups again.

https://alastaircampbell.org/2022/04/they-broke-their-own-emergency-laws-they-lied-repeatedly-they-trashed-the-ministerial-code-if-tory-mps-prop-up-these-lying-charlatans-now-the-whole-lot-deserve-to-be-swept-away/

• Like 2

With the Mod hat on and before this thread gets a chance to degenerate....

1) Keep it nice between each other

2) Don't try to bypass the swear filter (I have edited for now, but more if it is carried on)

3) Please don't make semi-racist takes on non-UK names. (Even if unintended)

4) Remember, you the user are responsible for what you post, so make sure it's factual/based on a reliable source.

Otherwise, just don't let it turn into a political argument. 👋

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

With the Mod hat on and before this thread gets a chance to degenerate....

1) Keep it nice between each other

2) Don't try to bypass the swear filter (I have edited for now, but more if it is carried on)

3) Please don't make semi-racist takes on non-UK names. (Even if unintended)

4) Remember, you the user are responsible for what you post, so make sure it's factual/based on a reliable source.

Otherwise, just don't let it turn into a political argument. 👋

Fair do's Mark but for point 3 - it's nothing about Sunak's colour/ race/ religion/ gender etc etc. It's a reference to his two for £10 deal from 2020.

This is how the Twitter tory spin machine works. 

https://threadreaderapp.com/user/_johnbye

And all these accounts copy/ pasted Tweets. Amazing as if they've all been a Johnson fan for fifty years, they've been a Johnson fan since he was seven years old :D 

FQN2bDeWUAIfqPv.jpg

On 12/04/2022 at 15:05, Lady Elanore said:

He is untouchable whilst the war is going on. Talk about a charmed life. 

You'd have thought so but but apparently we've changed PM quite often during a conflict

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aspman said:

You'd have thought so but but apparently we've changed PM quite often during a conflict

Indeed. According to Dan Snow 'it's the norm'. This is from before Russia invaded again in February.

Thatcher was also replace by Major during Desert Storm.

The Five PMs during the Afghan war (2001 - 2021) were Blair, Brown, Cameron, May and Johnson.

It's like it's a convention and Johnson would be going against convention, or 'the norm' again :D 

Edited by @Lee

I think the biggest issue is the lack of a credible sucessor to Boris.

Not that BoJo is credible.

If Boris had ben fined but Rishi still had a clean nose I think Boris would be packing his bags. But Rishi was a busted flush before he got fined.

If you've only got clowns to choose from then sticking with the clown (devil) you know might be seen as the least worst option.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Aspman said:

He seems so desperate to hang onto his position, he doesn't care about the repercussions of his actions. He appears to have no shame. As a figurehead for the country, it does not show us in a good light.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aspman said:

I think the biggest issue is the lack of a credible sucessor to Boris.

Not that BoJo is credible.

If Boris had ben fined but Rishi still had a clean nose I think Boris would be packing his bags. But Rishi was a busted flush before he got fined.

If you've only got clowns to choose from then sticking with the clown (devil) you know might be seen as the least worst option.

You're on the money with that assessment IMO.

I've seen rumours of Tom Tugendhat possibly throwing his name in the hat as a replacement. A credible successor I think. Former soldier and an actually sane MP.
Also a rumour that Sunak could still resign and along with that Johnson may be left no option if he does. 

Dear Lord please, not the Queen of Insta :D 

Gove keeping his head down and out of the spotlight yet again.

Edited by @Lee

^^^ So Baroness Davidson the Ex Leader of the Scottish Tories who left politics to spend more time with the family by going to the House of Lords &   getting agood directorships and earning well by whatever talents or contacts see has & is no longer elected by anyone to represent them says he should go.

(She got to be a MSP from a list not by actually getting the most votes for a seat in Holyrood.)

The current leader of the Scottish Tories who is elected as a MP and from the Regional List also to Holyrood as a MSP says he should stay.

Not long ago he said he should go.

Douglas Ross MP / MSP is taking some stick for the reasons he gives for why Boris should stay.

The Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon MSP has called him 'The lowest of the low'.  That is DRoss not BJ.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20066563.nicola-sturgeon-douglas-ross-using-ukraine-defend-johnson-lowest-low/

Edited by roottoot

17 minutes ago, roottoot said:

The Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon MSP has called him 'The lowest of the low'.  That is DRoss not BJ.

Thanks for the clarification. I needed it :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Well, according to Ruth Davidson, Bozo should resign - https://twitter.com/RuthDavidsonPC/status/1513897295313620994 

Mods please note, I am quoting one Con talking about another.

To be clear I am not saying you can’t have a pop at the politicians, just keep it within the forum rules.

personal post…

looking at the list of possible replacements is truly terrifying. Bar the ex military types in the party I’d be more upset by them getting in than party boy.

Im pretty annoyed at party boy… but I can only be grateful Nadine Doris isn’t on the list as yet.

If there are not some serious changes soon, to a clean sheet top team, then the party are going to get spanked at the next GE.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
Autocorrect errors
  • Like 3