Skoda Superb - is the electric seat memory function working correctly? Single button press or hold?

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well and I’ll be grateful if someone can help with some advice.

We’ve just bought a nearly new pre-registered Skoda Superb from dealer stock.  It’s an SE Technology model.  This has replaced our Octavia and it’s the first car we’ve ever had with electric seats.

We weren’t sure how to use them and we found this video which is for a Kodiaq instead of a Superb.

https://youtu.be/feE3I-TQGcg

Should the operation be the same on the Superb?

The reason we ask is because in the video the person presses the numbered memory button just once with a single press and takes their finger off the button and the seat goes into the memory position.

However on our car you have to press and hold down the numbered memory button for the seat to move into place.  As soon as you take your finger off the button the seat stops moving.

Is this a fault that we need to report to the dealer or do the Superb seats work differently to the Kodiaq ones in the video and on the Superb you need to hold your finger on the button continuously until the seat has reached the final memory position?

Thanks to anyone who can help with advice!

John 

• Like 1

Trying to remember but I think it was something to do with being in the seat or not. If you reach in and push the button, it will move to the memory position from a single click. If you are sat on it, you have to keep your finger on it. Like I say, from memory (couldn't get a decent price on a Superb this time so in a Passat). I think it makes sense from a safety perspective

8 hours ago, komoornik said:

It has to do with the ignition.

Ignition off it's one time press, ignition on you have to press and hold.

That makes sense.

If you were driving along and accidently touched a button for a very tall or very short person and the seat stated moving forward or back to the extreme of its travel.....

Hi All,

Thanks very much for your messages which are much appreciated and very helpful.

Hi dg360,

Thanks for your message and now you’ve explained it that does make sense from a safety perspective.

Hi Patent,

Thanks for your message and whereby you’ve said “will automatically manoeuvre to the right position when you unlock the car if you use driver profiles for each key” that sounds like an amazing feature.  How can I activate that feature because both me and my wife use the car as we share the one car so this feature would be absolutely perfect.  Do you know of a link to a video or some instructions on how to do this?

Hi komoornik,

Thanks for your advice on this.

Hi penpusher,

Yes following the messages above that does make sense to me now just from a safety perspective in case of an accidental press..

Thanks again to you all for your help.

John 

For the per key adjustements, you need to code in personalisation, i did it on mine, will try to find the guide i used, if you own or can acces a diagnostic tool, such as vcds or obd11, its quite simple to do!

Hi bubib5,

Thanks for your message and for taking a look to see if you can find the guide on how to do this.

Hi Patent,

Yes it is a facelift car.

Thanks,

John