fault on drivers electric window

Skoda mk2 driver side power window faulty. If the battery has been disconnected then reconnected the window will operate as normal for about 10 minites then fails to operate. I have looked in the handbook and followed advice if the battery has been disconnected , no change, very strange that when the battery is reconnected the window operates as normal then fails. this surgests wiring and switch are fuctioning as normal. so I am lost to what the proplem might be. would appriaciate advice thanks.

On 18/06/2022 at 11:45, diymenber said:

Skoda mk2 driver side power window faulty. If the battery has been disconnected then reconnected the window will operate as normal for about 10 minites then fails to operate. I have looked in the handbook and followed advice if the battery has been disconnected , no change, very strange that when the battery is reconnected the window operates as normal then fails. this surgests wiring and switch are fuctioning as normal. so I am lost to what the proplem might be. would appriaciate advice thanks.

This is a 15min time out on the window module this is when it is not talking to the BCM or a broken wire in the hinge of the door or a dead window module both common issues i have only just fixed mine as the BCM wire was damaged in my car had the same issue long story short.

2 minutes ago, diymenber said:

Thankyou very much for your advice , I will firstly look for any wire damage in the hinge area , cheers.

Not a problem The window module wire going to the BCM is White and Gray the windows module is in the motor as i did not know this still i spoke to a very helpful guy named @Breezy_Pete  he does repair the harnesses for a fee so if its broke speak to him as he can get it repaired other wise its a £160 odd pounds for the harness from skoda direct.

Just bring you a update , I have found a broken wire at the hinge as you said. Going to try and move the rubber boot on the door side as this will give me access to the broken wire, possible may be able to solder a new wire in place without removing door trim, I will try anyway. Once again Thankyou ,will keep you updated.

• Like 1

hi, pete , yes grey & white pin 5 , there is damage to more wires insulation broken exposing conductors , I going to order new wiring loome and take it from there as to repair difficult restricted access. Cheers pete

6 minutes ago, diymenber said:

hi, pete , yes grey & white pin 5 , there is damage to more wires insulation broken exposing conductors , I going to order new wiring loome and take it from there as to repair difficult restricted access. Cheers pete

Whereabouts in the UK are you?  I'd happily repair that for you by post if you can remove/reinstall, for a lot less than a new loom.

6 minutes ago, diymenber said:

Hi,

repair is possible I just take the harness out of the door it’s about a 15 to 10 min jobby,

the look with have to be manually locked while to wait for a repair but is worth it,

Hi, pete, thankyou for your advice , it is the gray and white wire which is the proplem, I connected a fly lead across to test and the windows opened and closed as they should. the insulation on a number of wires is split or small sections missing . In veiw of this I have taken the decision to buy a new harness. If I come across any problems with the near side door I may choose to use your service . one again Thankyou for your advice.

If you do replace the loom/harness rather than repairing, please consider selling me the broken one you remove, instead of binning it. PM me when the time comes. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...